• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Millions of Americans risk eviction as virus cases spike

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Here we are again - faced with a raging Delta Variant pandemic and millions of renters and homeowners facing evictions or the loss of their homes thanks to state governors not addressing this emergency properly. How will millions of hungry people fair when living on public streets or in over-crowded shelters? Oh, I know - lets feed them (ones still alive) on Thanksgiving and tell them to convince their stomachs to go very slow digesting that food - lets say for at least 6 months (for those not frozen to death by then) and then see where our nation's pandemic situation stands by then.

With billions in government funds meant to help renters still untapped, President Joe Biden this week urged Congress to extend the 11-month-old moratorium, after a recent Supreme Court ruling meant the White House could not do so.

But Republicans balked at Democratic efforts to extend the eviction ban through mid October, and the House of Representatives adjourned for its summer vacation Friday without renewing it.

"There can be no excuse for any state or locality not accelerating funds to landlords and tenants that have been hurt during this pandemic," Biden warned Friday.

Good. GTFO to the free loaders. What a moronic policy to have in effect in the first place.

Get a job and pay rent

Good. GTFO to the free loaders. What a moronic policy to have in effect in the first place.

Get a job and pay rent

Ooh, buddy, wait for your right wing talking points. Others are trying to blame Democrats for all these evictions.

Ooh, buddy, wait for your right wing talking points. Others are trying to blame Democrats for all these evictions.
There is no side on this as far as I’m concerned. Pay the rent or GTFO

We are in a developing perfect storm of economic and health peril for tens of millions.

Imagine if Republicans hadn’t been anti-mask, anti-lockdowns and anti-vaccine, this pandemic would have been over so much faster.
It will never be over. We just have to learn to live with it as we do with influenza.

It will never be over. We just have to learn to live with it as we do with influenza.

We could be approaching the influenza point if Republicans hadn’t been anti-mask, anti-lockdowns and anti-vaccine.

There is no side on this as far as I’m concerned. Pay the rent or GTFO

Uh huh.

While every republican votes against extending the moratorium, in a month or two we'll see a whole army of right wingers screaming "look evictions have skyrocketed LOOK HOW BAD BIDEN IS DEMOCRATS AAAA"

This shit isn't new. Dozens of Republican members of Congress voted against the 2008 recession stimulus package and then paraded around their districts boasting about how many jobs it created. They did the same thing with covid aid packages, bragging about how much good the package did when they voted against it.

Uh huh.

While every republican votes against extending the moratorium, in a month or two we'll see a whole army of right wingers screaming "look evictions have skyrocketed LOOK HOW BAD BIDEN IS DEMOCRATS AAAA"

This shit isn't new. Dozens of Republican members of Congress voted against the 2008 recession stimulus package and then paraded around their districts boasting about how many jobs it created. They did the same thing with covid aid packages, bragging about how much good the package did when they voted against it.
Stop whining. The Republicans don’t control Congress or the White House. Democrats didn’t need them to pass a moratorium extension if they wanted it. But they didn’t and it was the right choice.

Uh huh.

So are you moving out or not ? 😀

Stop whining. The Republicans don’t control Congress or the White House. Democrats didn’t need them to pass a moratorium extension if they wanted it. But they didn’t and it was the right choice.

Uhh, Democrats need Republicans to let things through the Senate.

We have to be much more vigilant and restrictive in our behavior and law than influenza.

So are you moving out or not ? 😀

We can make it a bet on whether I move out of my house before you criticize Democrats for the coming eviction spike.

Yes, the GoP wanted this to fail, and in the Dems with their inability Leto administer a program to get the money where was supposed to go failed the nation.

Let's call it what it is: GOP meanness and Dem failure.

No. That’s what Harris is for.

So, do you not understand how the filibuster works or are you just pretending to not understand how the filibuster works?

So, do you not understand how the filibuster works or are you just pretending to not understand how the filibuster works?
Do you not understand that Democrats failed to put a bill to a vote in the House before recess and are blaming the Biden Administration for it?

We can make it a bet on whether I move out of my house before you criticize Democrats for the coming eviction spike.
Wait... As you should have seen by my previous comments I support the evictions. GTFO!

Democrats should take blame though. Policy should have never been implemented

Uh huh.

That is the problem with these monster legislative ‘packages’, one must decide whether to vote against funding the bad parts or vote for funding the good parts.

Wait... As you should have seen by my previous comments I support the evictions. GTFO!
Yes, I saw those comments. Don't worry, you'll be on the exact opposite of the conversation long before I move out of my house.

Yes, I saw those comments. Don't worry, you'll be on the exact opposite of the conversation long before I move out of my house.
Of course I have no evidence that you are not paying the rent. ;)

Back
Top Bottom