• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Middle school students served 'insensitive' lunch on first day of Black History Month, principal says

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A change up pitch?

The students were scheduled to have Philly cheesesteaks, broccoli, and fresh fruit on Wednesday, according to a school lunch menu. But the school’s food provider, Aramark, instead served up the chicken, waffles and watermelon, Nyack Middle School Principal David Johnson said in the letter sent to parents.

I‘m sure there is a logical reason for the “mix-up!”

A change up pitch?

The students were scheduled to have Philly cheesesteaks, broccoli, and fresh fruit on Wednesday, according to a school lunch menu. But the school’s food provider, Aramark, instead served up the chicken, waffles and watermelon, Nyack Middle School Principal David Johnson said in the letter sent to parents.

Listen up, folks!!

Anyone who doesn't understand what "woke" is...read this article. It's the very definition of the word.

Reactions: PoS
A change up pitch?

wow

on the surface that sounds super shady but I'm ignorant of all the details so i hate to blanket judge

id have questions like how often does Aramark mess up and give meals different from the schedule? (who approves this change)
how often is it served or was "chicken, waffles and watermelon" ever served before?

doesn't even seem like a "school"meal 🤷‍♂️
it would have never been one when i was in school or my daughter

There's a fine line between acknowledgement and degradation.

Listen up, folks!!

Anyone who doesn't understand what "woke" is...read this article. It's the very definition of the word.
8ytbprI.gif

Listen up, folks!!

You don’t work for Aramark, do ya?

:eek:

I thought it was fried chicken, not chicken and waffles.

I thought it was fried chicken, not chicken and waffles.
The woke people can't even get their faux outrage right.

Question 1. What percent of the population is black?

Question 2. If fried chicken and watermelon is "black people food", how is such a small percent of the population supporting all the sales of fried chicken and watermelon?

Seriously, folks. Think. Just a little bit.

Question 2. If fried chicken and watermelon is "black people food", how is such a small percent of the population supporting all the sales of fried chicken and watermelon?

I guess no white people should ever sell or serve black people chicken or watermelon. How ludicrous.

I guess no white people should ever sell or serve black people chicken or watermelon. How ludicrous.
Actually, that is a good suggestion when it comes to Black History Month.

I am very old (85).

When I was younger, people often "joked" about how the ethnicity under discussion loved fried chicken and watermelon.

In 2023, some younger people probably do not know that.

In any case, it was a mistake by the caterer to serve those dishes.

I am sure that the caterer did so without any malicious intent.

Actually, that is a good suggestion when it comes to Black History Month.

I am very old (85).

When I was younger, people often "joked" about how the ethnicity under discussion loved fried chicken and watermelon.

In 2023, some younger people probably do not know that.

In any case, it was a mistake by the caterer to serve those dishes.

I am sure that the caterer did so without any malicious intent.
There was no negative intent and the meal was served to kids of all colors. If the cafeteria help were wearing blackface when they served it, then I'd be suspicious.

It is about one middle school.... why is this even a thread?

Watermelon is not in season.

Showing results for nyack public schools demographics
Search instead for nyack publicschools demographics

Search Results​

Featured snippet from the web​

White: 41% Latinx/Hispanic: 30% Black: 15% Asian: 6%

District Profile - Nyack Public Schools​

Like Omar was kicked out of a committee for being a black muslim woman and not because she's an incompetent buffoon.
Or, you could post accurately.... She was "kicked out" because only G.O.P. are allowed to do the G.O.P. described offense justifying
her removal, and after they exhibit antisemitism, please post examples of their apologies

Ilhan Omar Apologizes For Israel Remarks Condemned ... - NPR

https://www.npr.org › 2019/02/11 › house-democrats-urg...
Feb 11, 2019 — Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other House leaders had called on the Minnesota Democrat to apologize for comments on social media about Israel.

This is a mutual, Trump, McCarthy lie, not an apology!

McCarthy condemns Nick Fuentes but says Trump 'didn't know ...​

https://thehill.com › homenews › house › 3754671-mcc...

Nov 29, 2022 — House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) condemned white nationalist figure Nick Fuentes after former President Trump dined with ...

Moustafa Bayoumi
"Who remembers how, in 2018 and just days before the deadliest attack on Jewish people in US history, a prominent US politician tweeted: “We cannot allow Soros, Steyer, and Bloomberg to BUY this election!”? The tweet was widely – and correctly – understood as dangerously antisemitic, particularly heinous in a period of rising anti-Jewish hatred. And whose tweet was this? If you thought the answer was Minnesota’s Democratic representative Ilhan Omar then, well, you’d be wrong. The author was none other than the House majority leader at the time, Republican Kevin McCarthy.

And who can forget when Marjorie Taylor Greene, who has tweeted that “Joe Biden is Hitler”, speculated that the wildfires in California were caused by a beam from “space solar generators” linked to “Rothschild, Inc.”, a clear wink to bizarre antisemitic conspiracy theories. Incidentally, Greene, who has a long record of antisemitic and anti-Muslim statements, has been recently appointed, by the same Kevin McCarthy, now speaker of the House, to the homeland security committee.

Then there’s former president Donald Trump, who dines with Holocaust deniers like Nick Fuentes and antisemites like Ye. In stereotypically anti-Jewish moves, Trump has repeatedly called the loyalty of Jewish Americans into question. Just this past October, he wrote that “U.S. Jews have to get their act together and appreciate what they have in Israel – Before it is too late!”

In case it’s not obvious, let me state it plainly. Today’s Republican party has a serious antisemitism problem. The easy acceptance and amplification of all sorts of anti-Jewish hate that party leaders engage in emboldens all the worst bigots, raving racists, and far-right extremists across the globe, all the while threatening Jewish people here and everywhere."

Last edited:
A change up pitch?

What were they thinking?

Better question: Were they thinking?

The ludicrous part is white people pretending they don't know the stereotypes they've foisted on Black Americans.

This also isn't the first time someone at Aramark has pulled this kind of stunt. In 2018, some subgenius decided an appropriate menu for Black History Month at an NYU cafeteria was "ribs, cornbread, collard greens, Kool-Aid, and watermelon-flavored water."

The ludicrous part is white people pretending they don't know the stereotypes they've foisted on Black Americans.

This also isn't the first time someone at Aramark has pulled this kind of stunt. In 2018, some subgenius decided an appropriate menu for Black History Month at an NYU cafeteria was "ribs, cornbread, collard greens, Kool-Aid, and watermelon-flavored water."
Just a coincidence….

I want to be offended, I want to be offended, I want to be offended.....YES!! This is it and I'm going to make an issue of it!

salue.gif

So no fried chicken or watermelons should be served at any public eatery for the whole of Black History Month?

Back
Top Bottom