• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Cohen's House testimony postponed, citing 'threats against his family'

Red:
What? That just is not how client-attorney relationships work. Clients define goals, attorneys advise, client considers advice, decides and instructs attorney to execute on whatever be the course the client chooses.

Were someone threatening my family, I wouldn't need an attorney to tell me pea turkey squat about what to do, not do, postpone, etc. I would tell my attorney "X is what I'm going to do, and you need to apply your legal skills to help me do it."

Blue:
I want to know:
  • What be the threats
  • How Trump obtained the information that gives "teeth" to the threats

See source above. Looks like Davis is acting as an "advisor" to Cohen and not his attorney.

Red:

giphy.gif

Source above,
Attorney Lanny Davis, who represented former Trump insider Michael Cohen in court and now serves as his advisor, said on MSNBC Thursday that President Donald Trump is engaging in witness tampering and intimidation against his client.
Do people just pop into DP so they can post really dumb and/or contextually irrelevant remarks?

I really don't give a damn whether Davis is serving as Cohen's attorney, advisor or fluffer. The nature of the relationship -- the client, the principal decides, and the service provider acts in accordance with the client's wishes -- is the same be Davis acting as an attorney, advisor, fluffer, housekeeper, factotum, etc. That Davis is serving as mere advisor rather than as attorney merely means that he's not engaged and empowered to take the sorts of actions Cohen's attorney can. It doesn't mean that the choices made and direction taken is Davis' instead of Cohen's.

Trump saying, watch the father-in-law, is because Cohen's taxi cab business was part of the reason he's spending time in prison and his father-in-law loaned millions to the two people running the family taxi cab business. It's been rumored the father-in-law is involved with the mob.

I'm taking it Trump was saying watch the father-in-law, he's the crook, not me and part of the reason Cohen may be trying to put down Trump is to cover his own family.

We're going to have to wait and see if they explain the threats made but as of now the threats are what Trump and Giuliani have said about the father-in-law.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/19/fat...chael-cohen-loaned-millions-to-cab-mogul.html

We already know about Cohen's seedy family.
Trump didn't tell us anything we don't know.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/19/fat...chael-cohen-loaned-millions-to-cab-mogul.html

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...story-of-michael-cohens-criminal-ties-628875/

Democrat Lanny Davis is being disingenuous.
I read that article when it came out. It's quite good. After reading it, I immediately knew Cohen was sunk. I also came to the conclusion that Trump is likely in trouble too.

This throws a money-wrench into House Democrat intentions to question Mr. Cohen. At least three House committee's would appreciate such an opportunity. But Cohen is going to prison in early March. This severely compresses the time frame. I would imagine that Robert Mueller and the SDNY would prefer that Cohen not testify before Congress, so that Congress does not get ahead of these investigative bodies. Congress could subpoena Cohen after he is incarcerated, but I can't recall inmates ever testifying on Capitol Hill. As he is already incarcerated, Cohen could of course elect to ignore any such Congressional subpoena.
It's an interesting quandary though, because inmates are otherwise presented to court hearings to which they're responsible to attend.

If subpoenaed (giving Cohen legal responsibility to attend), I can't see why it would be any different than him attending any other court hearing for which he's responsible to attend.

Trump supporters don't care that he's basically a mob boss.

Either that or they prefer him that way. The right wing hatred of government runs strong and deep in many Trumpkins. Even if it means embracing our enemies. They would cut off their collective to spite the face of society.

WOW!!!!! I really hit a sensitive nerve there!!!! Grand slam home run!!!!!!!

You didn't hit a nerve.
The above poster was the only one that hit something with their comment. The nail has been hammered.

You didn't hit a nerve.
The above poster was the only one that hit something with their comment. The nail has been hammered.

That is laughable. Defending the Criminal in Chief who soils the peoples White House every day he occupies it and uses it to further his criminal enterprise and crime family while he baron damaged narcissist sticks up both middle fingers in a huge F YOU to the nation proclaiming that he cannot be indicted or tried or convicted and even if he is he can pardon himself .... this is beyond sickening. The Founders are turning over in their graves at the spectacle of this criminal defecating all over our institutions and the American people.

Shame on anyone who defends his crimes and his public pissing ll over our Constitution and what it protects.

If Dante was right, they are no doubt carving out a new level of Hell just to prepare for Trump when he one day meets his just reward. Lesser levels will still be reserved for those like Rudy who enable and protect and excuse his criminality.

That is laughable. Defending the Criminal in Chief who soils the peoples White House every day he occupies it and uses it to further his criminal enterprise and crime family while he baron damaged narcissist sticks up both middle fingers in a huge F YOU to the nation proclaiming that he cannot be indicted or tried or convicted and even if he is he can pardon himself .... this is beyond sickening. The Founders are turning over in their graves at the spectacle of this criminal defecating all over our institutions and the American people.

Shame on anyone who defends his crimes and his public pissing ll over our Constitution and what it protects.

If Dante was right, they are no doubt carving out a new level of Hell just to prepare for Trump when he one day meets his just reward. Lesser levels will still be reserved for those like Rudy who enable and protect and excuse his criminality.

You didn't hit a nerve.

The father-in-law should file a criminal complaint with local law enforcement and the FBI. If true, then charges should be brought against Trump. Cohen and his father-in-law should make sure they have their ducks in a row.

And therein lies the crux of the matter: Cohen, his wife, his uncle, his brother and his Ukrainian father-in-law all are known to have been involved in "mob-like" activities ... with ties to the Ukraine and Russia.

I believe his whole family wants Cohen to shut up and go away ... before the media starts digging too deep into their "businesses".

https://themoscowproject.org/collus...released-suspicious-payments-later-confirmed/

And therein lies the crux of the matter: Cohen, his wife, his uncle, his brother and his Ukrainian father-in-law all are known to have been involved in "mob-like" activities ... with ties to the Ukraine and Russia.

I believe his whole family wants Cohen to shut up and go away ... before the media starts digging too deep into their "businesses".

https://themoscowproject.org/collus...released-suspicious-payments-later-confirmed/

After some additional reading since I posted this thread, I couldn't agree more.
Cohen is protecting his crooked father in law.
He would get drilled royally by the Republicans...

How much you wanna bet that the supposed threats are not coming from Democrats or Progressives?
You are probably right. The Democrats and Progressives are too busy giving death threats to 15 and 16 year old kids from Kentucky.

Does anyone take Trix seriously? Only nuts and deplorables. :lol:

Cohen knows he can't say what the Leftists want him to say. That's why he's scared.

You are probably right. The Democrats and Progressives are too busy giving death threats to 15 and 16 year old kids from Kentucky.

Off topic, but from what I gather, the media who called the Covington HS "racists" are probably going to be facing a libel suit.

Back to our regular programming now; this thread. ;)

Cohen knows he can't say what the Leftists want him to say. That's why he's scared.

You've nailed this.
I couldn't figure where this was going when the story first broke this morning, but after reading more, it all became so much clearer.
I also think the Republicans would have asked him some pretty hairy, incriminating questions, that made Cohen look like a complete self-serving jack-ass...

You've nailed this.
I couldn't figure where this was going when the story first broke this morning, but after reading more, it all became so much clearer.
I also think the Republicans would have asked him some pretty hairy, incriminating questions, that made Cohen look like a complete self-serving jack-ass...

I've thought Cohen should be most afraid of the Left if he can't deliver Trump's head on a platter. When the mob turns on you, look out.

You've nailed this.

I believe Cohen would have been forced to name some high ranking Democrats, or perjur himself.

I've thought Cohen should be most afraid of the Left if he can't deliver Trump's head on a platter. When the mob turns on you, look out.

That's exactly right!

Fantasizing is fun, it gives you hope. So, carry on.

What a terrible meltdown. I hope you are feeling better now. (grin)

Michael Cohen's House testimony postponed, citing 'threats against his family'

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/politics/michael-cohen-testimony-postponed/index.html

President Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen announced he is postponing his public congressional testimony that was scheduled for February 7, citing "ongoing threats against his family."

"Due to ongoing threats against his family from President Trump and Mr. Giuliani, as recently as this weekend, as well as Mr. Cohen's continued cooperation with ongoing investigations, by advice of counsel, Mr. Cohen's appearance will be postponed to a later date," Cohen's attorney Lanny Davis said in a statement. "Mr. Cohen wishes to thank Chairman Cummings for allowing him to appear before the House Oversight Committee and looks forward to testifying at the appropriate time."
Davis added, "This is a time where Mr. Cohen had to put his family and their safety first."
Cohen's decision raises questions about whether he will ultimately testify publicly. He reports to prison for a three-year sentence on March 6.

Story is breaking, and developing.
I want to hear what these ongoing "threats" are... Obviously, Cohen is taking cues from his personal attorney, Lanny Davis.

leftists believed the BizzFeedd crap without w=question so obviously they will believe the lie that Trump is threateniong Cohen. That is so stupid. Trump wants Cohen to testify so the truth will finally come out. It is the democrats who are stalling Cohen's testimony because the democrats do not want the truth to come out. Investigators need to look into the threats bombarding the innocent Christian school kids and their families who were falsely accused in the fake Indian chief narrative, but investigators may not know about that since rags like BuzzFeed don't carry truth.

You've nailed this.

Well this sucks.

I was hoping that he would testify just to see if anyone would ask him if he was really in Prague conspiring with Russians to steal the election as was reported in the Steele dossier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom