• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Cohen, Trump's former lawyer, to testify publicly before Congress

I think much will depend upon what Cohen claims, and (eventually) if Mueller's report contains backing evidence of his claims. But Stormy related stuff alone, unless highly criminal, won't move the needle that much I suspect.

I'm just going off the one example I have and that's Cohen's claim that Trump ordered the payment to McDougal when Cohen's own tape has him telling Trump that the payment needs to be made.

Cohen is all about taking care of Cohen and if that means playing the Democrat's game he's all into it. When this is over he should go into practice with Avenatti.

Re: Michael Cohen Agrees to Testify to Congress ...

So Mueller, after years of investigation and millions of our tax-payer dollars, will choose to release information about the Trump-Russia collusion investigation through a crooked lawyer who has admitted to lying under oath and is going straight to jail after he testifies? That's one helluva strategy.
I would think that the FBI would want to tightly control any damning information so they can control its release so that they make their case for whatever it is they recommend. But, that's just me.
Make sure y'all prepare some nothingburgers for your dining pleasure.

Thanks to manafort pleas, Mueller has gotten far more money back then he spent. Nice try at your sour grapes and hyperbole. This must really chap the asses of Trump supporters. :lamo

I can hear the trumpettes already. “What a liar, you can’t believe anything he says!!!”

But I’ll be watching. Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cohen was convicted of perjury. Ya know? :lamo

In the Peter Jackson trilogy of JRR Tolkien's THE LORD OF THE RINGS, Theoden, King of Rohan has his people sheltered in the rocky refuge of Helms Deep while some 10,000 large orcs have marched to within arrows distance of his battlements. As the lighting crashes around him and the skies open up, he utters a great line..... "AND SO IT BEGINS".

On February 7th, the role of the new Democratic controlled House of Representatives begins in oversight of the Trump/Russia events. And it promises to be every bit as epic as the Battle of Helms Deep that we saw on the silver screen.

I would expect it could also take up the next day as well.

This has to shake the Trump White House to its very foundations since Cohen knows Trumps secrets probably more than any other individual.

There is an additional scene during the Battle of Helms Deep where orc sappers plant a bomb in the sewers of Helms Deep and a Berserker looking much like an Olympic torch bearer ignites it blowing a huge section of the wall to pieces and the orcs stream in like ants at a picnic.

Expect Cohen to be that Orc Berserker and blow up the Trump wall.

I eagerly look forward to the date.

Thanks to manafort pleas, Mueller has gotten far more money back then he spent. Nice try at your sour grapes and hyperbole. This must really chap the asses of Trump supporters. :lamo

My ass is just fine. I find it wishful thinking not tethered to reality if anyone thinks what Cohen says matters more than what Mueller can prove.
Better get some butt cream ready.

But that's who they think Mueller will allow to be a loose canon during testimony. I think they will be very disappointed. No way Cohen is going to blow the lid off of the investigation. Mueller would never allow it if Cohen had damning information that would get Trump indicted or impeached.

My ass is just fine. I find it wishful thinking not tethered to reality if anyone thinks what Cohen says matters more than what Mueller can prove.
Better get some butt cream ready.
... Trump's campaign manager looking at ending his life in prison, his lawyer going to prison, his administration has been gutted of anyone who wants a career, or has one to protect, and you're still sounding smug.

This is why the Dems lost 40+ seats in 2018 - and Trump can pass the funding for the wall - no sweat.

I hope Trump listens to well educated political powerhouses like you.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

... Trump's campaign manager looking at ending his life in prison, his lawyer going to prison, his administration has been gutted of anyone who wants a career, or has one to protect, and you're still sounding smug.

This is why the Dems lost 40+ seats in 2018 - and Trump can pass the funding for the wall - no sweat.

I hope Trump listens to well educated political powerhouses like you.

Enjoy your nothingburger.:cheers:

I will be serving Trumpfuters. Cocktail Trumpfuters

And mushrooms

Those Trumpfuters... are they those little tiny cocktail weiners?

So what is it that people expect Cohen to say?
It can't be about unknown lawbreaking as that would interfere with an ongoing investigatuon (unless the purpose of the testimony is for the purpose of oversight of Mueller's investigation). If it's just gossip... well there ya go.

My sister lives in New Hampshire and she called when she heard this news and said "Come up to New Hampshire that day! We'll make tacos and Trumpburgers!"

We need to have a big party that day where we can all watch it in our homes but together with each other here. Lets make this a special event!!!! :cool:

We can plan menus and beverages and even have prizes. We could play a drinking game.... maybe drink every time Cohen says Trump knew about some particularly slimy or criminal act he ordered Cohen to perform.

This could be fun!!!!! :)

I wonder if CNN will be fact checking his testimony. I wonder if Michael Moore will demand his statements be reviewed in advance! I wonder if they will have a scrolling chyron under Droopy Dog to keep score.
PLEASE, PLEASE NETWORKS! DO NOT AIR THE TESTIMONY OF THIS LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lamo

So what is it that people expect Cohen to say?
It can't be about unknown lawbreaking as that would interfere with an ongoing investigatuon (unless the purpose of the testimony is for the purpose of oversight of Mueller's investigation). If it's just gossip... well there ya go.

Exactly. But don't spoil the suspense!

Michael Avenatti✔@MichaelAvenatti

Before everyone gets too excited about Cohen testifying before Congress, remember that he has refused to cooperate fully with prosecutors from SDNY & disclose everything he knows. He also refuses to testify in Stormy’s case and continues to help Trump with his defense in the case

Replying to @MichaelAvenatti

And also keep in mind that there will be considerable attorney-client privilege issues raised by Trump to obstruct the testimony. Those privileges will have to be sorted out (ie to determine if the crime fraud exception applies).

Michael Cohen will never be @JohnWDean. Cohen is trying to act like a hero when in reality, his crimes are a significant reason why Trump was elected. And he continues to refuse to fully cooperate with prosecutors with SDNY, at the same time he helps Trump in Stormy's case.#Fraud

I wonder if CNN will be fact checking his testimony. I wonder if Michael Moore will demand his statements be reviewed in advance! I wonder if they will have a scrolling chyron under Droopy Dog to keep score.
PLEASE, PLEASE NETWORKS! DO NOT AIR THE TESTIMONY OF THIS LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lamo

WOW!!!! You are really afraid!!!!!!

Enjoy your nothingburger.:cheers:
Do I have to? Can I enjoy Manafort not going to prison, or Cohen not going to prison, or Trump being found to be telling the truth about not paying off hookers, or the dissolution of the Trump charity that didn't happen first?

Lol, Trump really needs your support. Don't give up.

We need to have a big party that day where we can all watch it in our homes but together with each other here. Lets make this a special event!!!! :cool:

We can plan menus and beverages and even have prizes. We could play a drinking game.... maybe drink every time Cohen says Trump knew about some particularly slimy or criminal act he ordered Cohen to perform.

So you think Cohen will go before Congress and testify without immunity, or without a plea deal, crimes he committed?

WOW!!!! You are really afraid!!!!!!

You do get that I was making fun of the Left's meltdown over tv and cable giving Trump 8 minutes to address the nation, right? Right?:roll:

So you think Cohen will go before Congress and testify without immunity, or without a plea deal, crimes he committed?

I have no idea what they will work out. Stay tuned and we will find out together.

You do get that I was making fun of the Left's meltdown over tv and cable giving Trump 8 minutes to address the nation, right? Right?:roll:

I think I understood what you were doing perfectly.

But by all means present your views in any style you feel is fitting.

So Mueller, after years of investigation and millions of our tax-payer dollars, will choose to release information about the Trump-Russia collusion investigation through a crooked lawyer who has admitted to lying under oath and is going straight to jail after he testifies? That's one helluva strategy.
I would think that the FBI would want to tightly control any damning information so they can control its release so that they make their case for whatever it is they recommend. But, that's just me.
Make sure y'all prepare some nothingburgers for your dining pleasure.

No, not even close. Mueller will hand over his findings to the AG, then that AG, whoever it is, has the obligation to turn it over to Congress who will then decide what actions to take going forward.

And incidentally, Mueller may not only have recuperated all the monies spent on this investigation, but he may even turn a tidy profit for the U.S. taxpayers. Essentially, he's paid for his own investigation. That's because, as part of his plea deal with the special counsel, Manafort agreed to forfeit real estate and cash estimated to be worth between $42 million and $46 million. We told you this man was brilliant.

This is all about to become a hell of a lot of fun for 60% of the people in this country.

He has already been convicted and sentenced for his crimes. He'll begin serving a 3 year prison sentence two weeks after he testifies publicly before Congress.

Ha, and look, there’s a trumpeter calling Cohen a liar. You prove me right. Too many times.

Cohen did get caught lying to mueller and then he decided to cooperate as part of the investigation. Do try to keep up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can all be in costume and do the 'Revenge of the Snowflake' dance.

giphy.gif

I have a feeling this was part of the deal Cohen made with the FBI when it was reported he was cooperating even more. This may be Mueller's plan to get out a lot of Trump's secrets without having to wrap up the entire investigation to do that. Cohen is a known liar, but he's also someone who Trump threw under the bus and has no more reasons to lie. It will be interesting to say the least.

And because Trump threw him under the bus, Cohen will fill the room with lies to bring down Trump. You say Cohen has no reason to lie, shake your head, because Trump threw him under the bus, Cohen has a big reason to lie and lie some more to bring down Trump and reduce his sentence.

He's a proven liar. What to believe, oh I get it you'll believe anything he says no different when you believed those lying woman trying to kill Kav. Of which none of them had an ounce of corroborations to support their claims. But heck you didn't care you believed the anyway. However guess what, Kav is a SCJ, in spite of all the lies from the left.

Back
Top Bottom