• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Miami-Dade K-8 bars elementary students from 4 library titles following parent complaint. One is the poem "The Hill We Climb."

Every outlet covering this is reporting that a single individual filed a complaint. Feel free to speculate otherwise, but without evidence all that you have is speculation.
"But, Mom, all the other kids are doing it". Again this is the only REPORTED complaint but that doesn't it's the only complaint.

"But, Mom, all the other kids are doing it". Again this is the only REPORTED complaint but that doesn't it's the only complaint.
It's the only complaint we know about. Your fantasy complaints are not valid points of discussion.

It's the only complaint we know about. Your fantasy complaints are not valid points of discussion.
Nice dodge. Complaints like this are emerging all over the country. And the President of the teachers uParnion, and several politicians have said parents have no rights concerning their children's education; kind of a Hitler Youth Part 2 situation.

He already was claiming it was sexual content that got the stuff banned and did so without even bothering to look at what the books were or the subject matter...even when provided to him.

Based on the fact that they have that right.
At home, sure. One asshole racist should not be able to dictate the rest of the schools curriculum. That need to be left up to experts who have trained on these things.

What's reported doesn't mean that it's NOT the only complaint. We can only go on what we know to be reported from multiple sources.
And let's break down that complaint -

Fwht0kWWwAA91Cm.jpg
The Hill We Climb by Oprah Winfrey

What do you object ? Is not educational and have indirectly hate messages

Are you aware of any professional reviews of the material? I don't need it.

Signature of complainant "Scrawled initial"

This is the hill that you want to die on?

He already was claiming it was sexual content that got the stuff banned and did so without even bothering to look at what the books were or the subject matter...even when provided to him.
I would not expect a book banner to actually read the book, so that is no surprise to me.

What's reported doesn't mean that it's NOT the only complaint. We can only go on what we know to be reported from multiple sources.
And let's break down that complaint -

View attachment 67449790
The Hill We Climb by Oprah Winfrey

What do you object ? Is not educational and have indirectly hate messages

Are you aware of any professional reviews of the material? I don't need it.

Signature of complainant "Scrawled initial"

This is the hill that you want to die on?
Yes, this idiot knows more about educating children than actual educators according to Bulls....

Strange, the type of people he chooses to side with.

If the pedogroomers really had this power, I suspect they'd be using it to get kids to bring their charged devices to school, but that hasn't panned out. So I think you can relax.
And yet we have seen instance after instance after instance of outraged parents and even students demonstrating to the schoolboards the kind of sickness they are exposing children to. And you are good with them doing so.

And yet we have seen instance after instance after instance of outraged parents and even students demonstrating to the schoolboards the kind of sickness they are exposing children to. And you are good with them doing so.
How is that poem sickness?

One illiterate and ignorant parent should NOT be able to speak for all parents.

It's clear this person needed help spelling indoctrinate.

You've almost figured this out. I know you can et there!!

And all the kids still have access to these books. As I said, they are on a different shelf.

Moderate bans. Not extremists, despite being brought by a white supremacist. What a relief.

But it doesn't stop here, or even begin here. It just goes on and on.

Hahaha! "Moderate bans"? You folks are utterly ridiculous. What was banned here? Nothing.

Why do you call them a white supremacist? Because stupid race baiting is all you have.

There was zero reason to consider them 'better suited' for middle school when they were specifically written for elementary age kids.

That is a LOOOONG way from your ignorant insistence that they were banned. They aren't banned. Now you flail for some other ignorant point to hook your anger to. Just admit you are wrong and do a LITTLE research the next time.

And all the kids still have access to these books. As I said, they are on a different shelf.
No, you are wrong here. The books are age appropriate for K-5 and now only available for middle school.

One illiterate parent who thinks Oprah wrote the poem should not be able to make arbitrary decisions such as this. The educators running the school that hold masters and doctorate’s in education should make those decisions. The parent in question should homeschool her kids. She filled out her complaint like she was.

where a skinny Black girl descended from slaves and raised by a single mother

Kids can wait till middle school to be indoctrinated with racial stereotypes.
I’d bet this Karen is handling the indoctrination of racial stereotypes via homeschooling.

Based on the fact that they have that right.
Sure they have that right--for their children.

But not for my kids, or my neighbors kids, or anyone else's kids.

You send a note to school asking your child to be offered a different book to read for class time. You don't fill out a badly spelled, miss cited, and ignorant form demanding no child should read a book you don't like.

This Proud Boy fan. antisemite is who gets to decide for all the children and their parents in an entire school district?
Fw1mcl_XoAE-lTq.jpg:large

Because racism and discrimination toward black people doesn't exist in K-5? If conservatives dont like kids being taught about racism, discrimination and bigotry then maybe they should stop supporting those ideas. Or is that too obvious?
Black kids are taught about racism in their lives. Some White kids prob’ly get that instruction at home.

No, Clara. I said that the books I think should be removed are ones that are sexually explicit. I didn't say the only books being removed were sexually explicit.

I think it should be put to a vote of the parents, Josie. Not a complaint by a handful of morally outraged pearl-clutching activists. An actual vote by actual parents with children in that district. If 51% vote to remove, then let them be removed. If they vote for them stay, they stay and that is the end of it.

Social Justice is actually an important aspect of the Jewish world view, but Florida rejected a book on the Holocaust because it mentions that.

When, or why, on earth, is social justice seen as a bad thing?
The same reason that Antifa-scists are.

Back
Top Bottom