• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meryl Streep Quietly Shreds the King of Self Importance

I don't give more weight to the opinions of celebrities than I do anyone else. But if someone, anyone, makes a good point I recognize it. Even if you don't like the fact she was referring to Trump, much of what she said regarding everyone else's responsibility rings true.

Meryl Streep never mentioned Trump's name at the Golden Globes last night as she trashed him.
Yes, she is an idiot not just for politicizing the event but for lying by saying he "imitated a disabled reporter," when he did no such thing.

Meryl Streep never mentioned Trump's name at the Golden Globes last night as she trashed him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2fqRrrIetM

I wonder did she need a script writer and have to rehearse endlessly ? Does anyone think the opinions cuddled celebrities matter ? And liberals are confused by the massive loses in the election , fun watching their heads explode ! Tissue time .

Yes, she is an idiot not just for politicizing the event but for lying by saying he "imitated a disabled reporter," when he did no such thing.

But, of course, as any rational adult not afraid of reality already knows, he actually did do that. He was recorded doing so.

But, of course, as any rational adult not afraid of reality already knows, he actually did do that. He was recorded doing so.

Wrong as usual.
He made fun of the person, not his disability.

Wrong as usual.
He made fun of the person, not his disability.

Denying reatlity as per your usual. He made fun of the person by mocking his disability.

You can pout about that fact all you'd like, but it won't change reality.

Denying reatlity as per your usual. He made fun of the person by mocking his disability.

Wrong as usual again. Go figure.
He did not mock his disability. So stop being dishonest.

Wrong as usual again. Go figure.
He did not mock his disability. So stop being dishonest.

I'm sorry that facing the reality of what he was recorded doing is so frightening, but I'm simply not interested in helping you accept it.

He mocked his disability no matter white you clench your tiny fists in impotent rage.

Are you uspet because she said something that you disagree with?

I am upset because she lied. I am upset because she was holding a life time achievement award in her hand but it wasn't important enough to make a comment about it.

The woman that introduced her said some really nice things about her, and all she did was stomp her feet and cry that Trump won.

Extremely low class.

I'm sorry ...
Yes I am aware of that.

He mocked his disability ...
This is you being dishonest. He did not mock the reporters disability.

I'm simply not interested in helping you accept reality, just here to point out that you are wrong and being dishonest.

no matter white you clench your tiny fists in impotent rage.[/QUOTE]

I am upset because she lied. I am upset because she was holding a life time achievement award in her hand but it wasn't important enough to make a comment about it.

The woman that introduced her said some really nice things about her, and all she did was stomp her feet and cry that Trump won.

Extremely low class.

Didn't they used to start playing music when one of these sanctimonious dolts droned on too long?

Didn't they used to start playing music when one of these sanctimonious dolts droned on too long?

They still do along with a wrap it up signal but some of the bigger awards allow more time for the recipient.

Ohy my gosh, that's terrirble! What lies did she tell?

Extremely low class.

You should consider writing an angry letter to the producers informing them of this.

They wouldn't dare for "Dame Streep" as she was called last night.

Yes I am aware of that.

This is you being dishonest. He did not mock the reporters disability.

I'm simply not interested in helping you accept reality, just here to point out that you are wrong and being dishonest.

no matter white you clench your tiny fists in impotent rage.

Oh, no. You're so uspet you can't format correctly.

He continue to lie about what he did? It's right there on tape. He mocked the man by mocking his disability.

Whine all you'd like, but it won't change that simple fact.

Streisand should have been crooning in the background, to complete the atmospherics

These primadonnas need to get over themselves

...he actually did do that. He was recorded doing so.

It's not true at all.

Trump uses that "arms flailing" gesture whenever he's talking about anyone who backtracks on comments he's made and then flails around claiming to not remember his initial comments.

He's used it when talking about Ted Cruz, he's used it, at the very same rally at which he's been accused of mocking Kovaleski, when discussing an Army general who was making flustered, flailing comments in a media interview discussing ISIS.

I don't think there's any doubt in anyone's mind that Trump uses MANY exaggerated hand gestures.

This is just another one of them.

It has nothing to do with Kovaleski's disability, but rather the fact that Kovaleski was backtracking on his own reporting which supported Trump's claim that Muslims in Jersey City, NJ were celebrating the destruction in Manhattan on 9/11.

The allegation that Trump was mocking Kovaleski is just left-wing media spin intended to distract from the fact that both the Washington Post and the local NY/NJ CBS affiliate corroborated Trump's claim that Muslims in Jersey City were in fact seen celebrating the 9/11 attacks.

Unfortunately many people are uninformed sheep who allow themselves to be led around by the nose by a media that was clearly in the bag for Hillary Clinton.

Fortunately, enough people saw through the smoke screen that we haven't been saddled with that idiot, or another 4 years of left wing dumbassedness.

I typically use my Occam's Razor derivative and when given a choice between two possible explanations I lean to the one more favorable to the individual. Most people I meet are good people who may have done something that some consider wrong or bigoted but I tend to give them the benefit of doubt. It leads to a more pleasant world view. We have enough hate without adding more, perhaps falsely.
Just a thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2fqRrrIetM

the funny thing-those who care what she says are almost invariably those who voted for Hillary while those of us who voted for Trump couldn't give a damn what a hollywood actress says about a topic where her perspective is so far removed from reality that it matters not

Seemed somewhat hateful.
Not aware of where those red herrings originated. Has Trump spoken out against Canadians and others in this country legally? I thought that he hired lots of foreign workers. And I did not know that Hollywood, or at least Streep, had such a persecution complex. How could an entire industry which relies on so many tax breaks as well as the financial support of millions of people, many of whom voted for Trump, be despised?

no he didn't. he did the same thing to Cruz. The reporter's disability caused a paralysis in the hand, not uncontrolled waiving of that body part.

Back
Top Bottom