• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Melania's and Ivanka's silence on abuse is quite unusual.

No need to provide "support" for what most folks already know. If you understood anything about the topic, then you wouldn't again be referencing your original "dumb question".

Now, I can't provide you proof that atoms are everywhere around you, but most of us understand that they are indeed there.........:)

Pathetic.

How about we wait and see what Mueller says.:) And btw, there is no "witchhunt". Trump has made more than enough screwups to warrant this investigation. Unless of course you are stupid enough to believe the "Russian adoption" bull**** story. Then, all bets are off.

I have no problem with the investigation into Trump. It is the years of media hype about Trump without any evidence. The outright attempt to use media to determine guilt and to disrupt our government. Putin clearly has succeeded in manipulating and using the democrats to achieve their goals of disrupting our government process. I am sure even Putin is amazed how easily he is able to manipulate them into the party of resistance while dividing the other party into helpless do nothings. Trump might be right about him being a great leader by how easily he has manipulated our 2 parties and their puppets. I knew Putin was a danger. I just never realized how petty and ineffective our government was nor how quickly they would sell out the people for their own agenda.

Last edited:
You got be though if you want reach the gold.

I don't know much about the couple but I have the impression they are made for each other.

Usually, a FLOTUS and a "pseudo" FLOTUS (in Ivanka's case) will weigh in publicly with a situation that has garnerd as much attention as the Porter case. This time, especially given that this is a women's issue, they remain curiously silent.

I can understand that given Trump's past history of abuse related complaints, they may not feel comfortable speaking publicly, but I have yet to see an "Official" press release addressing the subject of spouse abuse from either one.

If anyone has seen one, please post a link.

What world do you live in?

FLOTUS doesn't weigh in on anything. That is not her job.

just.say.no.jpg

It is a lose-lose situation for them. They would be lambasted as hypocrites for supporting their father/husband. But if they don’t come out they will be criticized for their silence.

Unfortunate side effect of associating with awful people.

I think on the part of Melania; part of her agreement to have sex with the president for money is to keep her mouth shut unless given permission to speak. Ivanka was probably raised to do what men tell her to do and no man has told her to speak up yet. It is sad that women still live like this.

Ever hear of Nancy Reagan and the war on drugs?
She single handedly turned around the decriminalization movement, forced Alaska to criminalize marijuana, and had millions put in prison for non violent crimes.

So why did she launch an anti-bullying campaign as her FLOTUS cause?

My guess is that it's because she married a bully and has a prenup with a nondisclosure clause and it is her only way to fight back.

Yes FLOTUS usually picks a cause and does something about it.

They do not comment on day to day happenings like the OP thinks they do.

Ever hear of Nancy Reagan and the war on drugs?
She single handedly turned around the decriminalization movement, forced Alaska to criminalize marijuana, and had millions put in prison for non violent crimes.

Yes I have. She picked a cause and went with it.

She did not comment on day to day happenings like the OP thinks FLOTUS does.

There is a huge difference.

Thread title should have NSFW added. I don't work in an enclosed cubicle and don't appreciate unannounced risqué photos popping up on an otherwise SFW site.

An educated "student" of politics would have such a knowledge of how past First Ladies have responded to such issues that your "dumb question" would have never been asked in the first place. As I have said repeated times, I don't do "politics 101".

Who gives a crap how past first ladies or pseudo first ladies have responded to issues? I too don't do politics 101.

Back
Top Bottom