• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Melania Trump speech appears to plagiarize Michelle Obama

Honestly. The righties on this thread are so amusing.

The leftist poutrage over this is ridiculous and hypocritical in the extreme.

Honestly. The leftists on this thread and in the biased lame stream media are so amusing.

the reason why the media is in a meltdown is because they get their money from liberalism... how so?? with ratings and more money they need more people..... liberals brings this.... also to fool and buy their ads they need more unwise and that also brings more liberalism

the MEDIA gets their money by having the unwise free to vote and make decisions......TAXING THE RICH to bring down their money to THE UNWISE so then the media can grap that same money from fooling the UNWISE

in other words the media wants high taxes on the rich and the unwise getting that money

The media is hardly in a meltdown.

The media could mostly care less about who is taxed what amount, they may have personal opinions or when they are supposed to have a public opinion (due to their field of journalism) they will have one. But mostly they will have private opinions which usually do not permeate in sports stories, food blogs, etc. etc. etc.

So then you agree that Melania Trump, and her falsifying her educational credentials as well as lifting words from Michelle Obama's speech, is not off limits?

I didn't say either way. Did I?

I think the blatant denials of plagiarism is the best.

Paul Manafort denied it was plagiarism and then blamed it on Hillary Clinton. You don't expect Trump's dreamy eyed supporters to do anything different, do you? I'm waiting for someone to post that this is all Michelle Obama's fault for giving a speech worthy of plagiarism in the first place.

No, so then I'll have to assume you think the scrutiny of Melania Trump is fine.

Or, you could just ask me. That's an option. I've already said what I think of it, but maybe you didn't notice that post in the quagmire.

Guys ever think that the Trump campaign did this on purpose??? I said yesterday I didn't think this was outright plagiarism, but now that new facts have come to light, I have to wonder. Trump says, he is happy that Melania's fake speech is getting so much attention. I wonder if that means they did this on purpose for the attention, because up until now, nothing different or exciting was happening at the Convention, even though he promised it would... There wasn't even that many fights among the delegates! If my theory is true that is not only wrong, it is tacky.

So then you agree that Melania Trump, and her falsifying her educational credentials as well as lifting words from Michelle Obama's speech, is not off limits?

Give her a break.

You have to understand- plagiarism was taught in Yugoslavia in the SECOND semester of Freshman year. It's not her fault she never took it!

Maybe, but Trump often does this sort of thing on purpose. THis could not have gone better for Trump if he tried.

LOL, sure, 18 dimensional chess kind of thing! :roll:

Then Michelle stole it from 10,00,000 people before her.

No, she didn't. Another right winger who has no clue what 'plagiarism' means. You might consider looking it up!

Form what's being reported, Melania was reading from another speech verbatim as an example of what she wanted to say, the speech writer wrote it down and put it int the speech. Missing was that Melania was reading from another speech and that it needed to be edited to be included.

As direct quote posted:

“Yesterday, I offered my resignation to Mr. Trump and the Trump family, but they rejected it. Mr. Trump told me that people make innocent mistakes and that we learn and grow from these experiences.”

Yes, it's pretty magnanimous of Trump not to fire her or accept her resignation.

But I get it from you: "Trump can do no right". Have fun with that. I'm sure you'll be amusing yourself.

You ignored the relevant point. She's the hired help - it's not her job to approve speeches. That's the job of the higher ups making big money.

There is nothing noble or "big" about throwing a staffer under the bus while conveniently Trump, his sons, his wife, and the campaign leadership all fail to take ANY responsibility for the screw up. There can't be a more chicken crap way to handle a controversy.

And not firing her is the least they can do in return for having her publicly take ALL the blame while denying any responsibility of their own in this mess.

You ignored the relevant point. She's the hired help - it's not her job to approve speeches. That's the job of the higher ups making big money.

There is nothing noble or "big" about throwing a staffer under the bus while conveniently Trump, his sons, his wife, and the campaign leadership all fail to take ANY responsibility for the screw up. There can't be a more chicken crap way to handle a controversy.

And not firing her is the least they can do in return for having her publicly take ALL the blame while denying any responsibility of their own in this mess.

I think Trump is going to fire Melania eventually.

I mean...it's about time for a new model, right?

She damaged her own character by lying about her college degree.

Like Moochele claiming she got into Princeton because she was a LEGACY (her brother went there) rather than an affirmative action poster child?

I think Trump is going to fire Melania eventually.

I mean...it's about time for a new model, right?

its amusing watching the hillary fan boys attack Trump for being married a few times when their heroes both have had multiple extra-marital affairs and their marriage is patently a political expediency

Like Moochele claiming she got into Princeton because she was a LEGACY (her brother went there) rather than an affirmative action poster child?

My experience that makes a big difference.

its amusing watching the hillary fan boys attack Trump for being married a few times when their heroes both have had multiple extra-marital affairs and their marriage is patently a political expediency

Hillary is doing her hair dresser I hear.

My experience that makes a big difference.

Legacy generally is based on parental or grand parent attendance. Moochelle only was accepted into Princeton and HLS due to her race and gender

Legacy generally is based on parental or grand parent attendance. Moochelle only was accepted into Princeton and HLS due to her race and gender

Maybe. But my oldest got into the nursing school at Seattle U. She made mention of two of her aunts that graduated. (One was a nun, the other a nurse). I promise you it didn't hurt.

So her brother didn't go there?

Or do you have special information that only you know about the Princeton admission policy of 1980?

Yeah, because if she was less academically qualified, she would have gotten stuck at Yale.

So her brother didn't go there?

Or do you have special information that only you know about the Princeton admission policy of 1980?

My brother was an admissions officer for Yale. we know how the ivies operate. I recruited athletes for an Ivy school as well. She was an aa poster child.

Yeah, because if she was less academically qualified, she would have gotten stuck at Yale.

ah that's cute but stupid. Princeton's athletic index was lower than Yale's and has been for years.

Back
Top Bottom