• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Megyn Kelly explains everything that's led to CNN's demise

My gawd Vy, are you for real?

You are like a recurring fantasy nightmare. It's like an insane rat that visits one's dreams every night.

View attachment 67387249

By the way Vy, CNN will do just fine. There is a everlasting demand for facts and data and that is what CNN delivers. As long as there are sane people that search for knowledge, CNN will survive.
Evidently not many in the demographic you suggest. They will survive if they change course. They will I suspect.

From the very beginning of CNN's march to demise, to where the network finds themselves t
curate detailing of what led to the networks demise that I've heard from anyone thus far.

The reality is that CNN will do just fine. As long as there are sane people that search for knowledge and data, CNN will survive

MediaBiascnnvsfox.jpg

Grim, that video was worth the listen, and I did learn from it.

But to be honest, she skimmed over something that I think is important. Since the country is pretty evenly divided between liberals and conservatives, Fox News has always had an advantage of being the only cable news network that caters to conservatives, while the other networks have to fight over and split the remaining liberal share. Of course, there are now Newsmax and One America (and another one that escapes me) but they are currently too small to really compete with Fox.

(Just to be fair, I might be prejudiced against Kelly because she has a legendary ego so big they hardly have enough room in the studio for the cameras. You can kind of see some of it in that video. I'm just trying to be honest about my bias.)
That^^^

Trumpists listen to the anti Trumpist Kelly when she says something they like to hear.

But to be honest, she skimmed over something that I think is important. Since the country is pretty evenly divided between liberals and conservatives, Fox News has always had an advantage of being the only cable news network that caters to conservatives, while the other networks have to fight over and split the remaining liberal share. Of course, there are now Newsmax and One America (and another one that escapes me) but they are currently too small to really compete with Fox.

(Just to be fair, I might be prejudiced against Kelly because she has a legendary ego so big they hardly have enough room in the studio for the cameras. You can kind of see some of it in that video. I'm just trying to be honest about my bias.)
I'd point out that with a few exceptions the overall media (sans Fox and OAN) isn't actually liberal at all. It only seems that way because it stands in contrast to Fox, which is so specifically a right wing propaganda mouthpiece. The media is corporatist, meaning it acts in ways to support its own financial interests as well as that of...well...corporatism. As such, their narratives promote drama and conflict ("Democrats in DISARRAY"), which actually tends to favor right wing narratives more than anything else.

This is a problem because Democrats, not having a Fox News of their own, depend on the media to report their policies and accomplishments directly, but that's rarely how it pans out. You can see how this is demonstrated in polling. Nearly every single Democratic policy is favored by a clear majority of Americans, and yet Democrats poll about equally to Republicans, whose policies and agendas are hated by a clear majority of Americans.

From the very beginning of CNN's march to demise, to where the network finds themselves today, Megyn Kelly lays out exactly what led the network from being "The most trusted name in news" to the least trusted, partisan joke of a news network they are now.
Says the tv personality that was outed for journalistic fraud by Alex Jones. Alex “9/11 was an inside job”, “Sandy Hook was a false flag” Jones.

“Jones on Friday published a 30-minute YouTube video that included a mash-up of audio clips purportedly of Kelly explaining why she wanted to feature Jones in an in-depth profile. She can be heard promising Jones that she would be fair and balanced. According to the tape, she said Jones was at the top of her list of “interesting” people she wanted to have on her new Sunday newsmagazine program at NBC.

“All I can do is give you my word and tell you if there’s one thing about me, I do what I say I’m going to do and I don’t double-cross,” she tells him, according to the tape. “It’s not going to be some ‘gotcha’ hit piece. I promise you that.”

Also, Fox News is the most distrusted tv news source. Fact.
D772F2E9-1B19-45AF-A141-632C51EFBB16.jpeg

Last edited:
From the very beginning of CNN's march to demise, to where the network finds themselves today, Megyn Kelly lays out exactly what led the network from being "The most trusted name in news" to the least trusted, partisan joke of a news network they are now.

I'm posting this because it's so spot on.... It's the most accurate detailing of what led to the networks demise that I've heard from anyone thus far.

View attachment 67387235

lol

I'd point out that with a few exceptions the overall media (sans Fox and OAN) isn't actually liberal at all. It only seems that way because it stands in contrast to Fox, which is so specifically a right wing propaganda mouthpiece. The media is corporatist, meaning it acts in ways to support its own financial interests as well as that of...well...corporatism. As such, their narratives promote drama and conflict ("Democrats in DISARRAY"), which actually tends to favor right wing narratives more than anything else.

This is a problem because Democrats, not having a Fox News of their own, depend on the media to report their policies and accomplishments directly, but that's rarely how it pans out. You can see how this is demonstrated in polling. Nearly every single Democratic policy is favored by a clear majority of Americans, and yet Democrats poll about equally to Republicans, whose policies and agendas are hated by a clear majority of Americans.
Egzackly!!

The so called mainstream media is out for ratings, nothing more. They are critical of every president, latch on to every scandal from either side, and may actually be attempting to push tRump into another run because his ridiculous antics drove ratings like crazy.

Egzackly!!

The so called mainstream media is out for ratings, nothing more. They are critical of every president, latch on to every scandal from either side, and may actually be attempting to push tRump into another run because his ridiculous antics drove ratings like crazy.
MSM= trolls

That Zucker shot himself in the foot when he helped his cash cow Trump lose 2016. All because he wanted some of the ratings gold that were Trumps rallies. He got greedy and it cost them.
Hunh? CNN covering Trump rallies helped Trump lose?

Faux is a right wing infomercial. I never watched CNN+, so i don't have a lot of knowledge about it. I do know that they hired an ex faux personality.

My gawd Vy, are you for real?

You are like a recurring fantasy nightmare. It's like an insane rat that visits one's dreams every night.

View attachment 67387249

By the way Vy, CNN will do just fine. There is a everlasting demand for facts and data and that is what CNN delivers. As long as there are sane people that search for knowledge, CNN will survive.
you mean Lies. it's much easier saying there is an everlasting demand for lies and propaganda.

you mean Lies. it's much easier saying there is an everlasting demand for lies and propaganda.
No, Hypo, I do not mean lies. Did you see the media map I enclosed in one of the posts here?

CNN is rated quite a bit higher than FOX as far as offering real information (not lies).

As such, if you think CNN is all lies, then you need to consider FOX much worse than they.

Like most Media outlets (especially FOX), they cater to their audience (FOX Republicans and CNN Democrats) and when they have opinion pieces they do tend to lean toward what the viewers want to hear. Nonetheless, CNN is about as factual is it can get for a media company. In fact, in that media map, they are quite close to the top for giving real news (best media companies), contrary to FOX that is in the middle to the lower case of the map.

By the way, saying something repeatedly and because you believe it, does not make it true. You believe what you want to believe because you are not searching for knowledge but searching for support of your already established views. I can understand why you are an avid fan of FOX, given that their primary objective is pleasing their viewers so they can get the ratings up (meaning that profits is their main concern, not delivering news).

Keep it up, Hypo, you will be rewarded when watching FOX news. They want your viewership and give you what you seek. You will always be happy with them...................though the reality is that in the end, they will never fix the actual problems that exist and therefore your ego will be lifted but your pocketbook will not.

No, Hypo, I do not mean lies. Did you see the media map I enclosed in one of the posts here?

CNN is rated quite a bit higher than FOX as far as offering real information (not lies).

As such, if you think CNN is all lies, then you need to consider FOX much worse than they.

Like most Media outlets (especially FOX), they cater to their audience (FOX Republicans and CNN Democrats) and when they have opinion pieces they do tend to lean toward what the viewers want to hear. Nonetheless, CNN is about as factual is it can get for a media company. In fact, in that media map, they are quite close to the top for giving real news (best media companies), contrary to FOX that is in the middle to the lower case of the map.

By the way, saying something repeatedly and because you believe it, does not make it true. You believe what you want to believe because you are not searching for knowledge but searching for support of your already established views. I can understand why you are an avid fan of FOX, given that their primary objective is pleasing their viewers so they can get the ratings up (meaning that profits is their main concern, not delivering news).

Keep it up, Hypo, you will be rewarded when watching FOX news. They want your viewership and give you what you seek. You will always be happy with them...................though the reality is that in the end, they will never fix the actual problems that exist and therefore your ego will be lifted but your pocketbook will not.
so I need to think worse of Fox news because of some propaganda chart created by god knows who... when I know for a fact that FOX got it right with the mueller report and the Biden laptop and CNN got it wrong?

Last edited:
so I need to think worse of Fox news because of some propaganda chart created by god knows who... when I know for a fact that FOX got it right with the mueller report and the Biden laptop and CNN got it wrong?
I am not going to get into this game of coming up with some example of this or that to prove a point.

Nothing in life is perfect, meaning that if you look for something wrong, you will always find it. Nonetheless, the key is not the individual case but the "whole package" and thinking of the whole package, CNN is much better than FOX.

Think of the media as a marriage. When you give your vows, you state "for better or for worse", meaning that there is always going to be something good and something bad. The idea (when getting married as well as when choosing a media company to watch) is which one offers more good than bad. Whoever you pick (mate or media), you can expect some bad things. What you look for is the one that gives you more good than bad.

By the way, I am saying this in "general" because I have no interest in debating the Mueller report or the Biden laptop. Too many differences of opinion on what the facts of both mean. I am just saying that your FOX wife offers more bad than good and my CNN wife has made me more happy than regretful, even though I don't always agree with what is said.

Here, let me show you in a picture way which is better.

fantasyreality1.jpg

Is this the same Megyn Kelly that Trump and his idiotic supporters vilified for asking him exactly when he became a Republican, considering he was a liberal his entire adult life? The same one who Trump screamed was "bleeding out of her whatever"?

Problem for CNN is that they never cared to attract conservatives, and didn't bother to expect that independents and moderates would at some point become offended by the constant attacks on their core beliefs. CNN like many other aspects of our society falsely assumed that more people are like the "Left Coast Liberals" in California, or the East coast liberal elites. They ignored middle America, and also people with moderate and independent views.

Problem for CNN is that they never cared to attract conservatives,
Nope. They reported the news instead.
and didn't bother to expect that independents and moderates would at some point become offended by the constant attacks on their core beliefs.
What core beliefs? McConnell's and McCarthy's change into whatever Trump wants them to be.
CNN like many other aspects of our society falsely assumed that more people are like the "Left Coast Liberals" in California, or the East coast liberal elites.
For your information, Trump is a dyed in the wool East Coast liberal elite. Has been all his life. I know, I grew up reading about him in the New York papers while he was jet setting around, hitting the clubs with Marla Maples while still married, and supporting Hillary for all he was worth.
They ignored middle America, and also people with moderate and independent views.
Nonsense. Middle America is in love with farm and corn subsidies. Ethanol is horrible. But tell the truth about it, and you lose Middle America.

Problem for CNN is that they never cared to attract conservatives, and didn't bother to expect that independents and moderates would at some point become offended by the constant attacks on their core beliefs. CNN like many other aspects of our society falsely assumed that more people are like the "Left Coast Liberals" in California, or the East coast liberal elites. They ignored middle America, and also people with moderate and independent views.

Yes, Jester, I've caught a little bit of that, myself. Sometimes the anchor will say something as if it is a "given," when it certainly is not.

I'm posting this because it's so spot on.... It's the most accurate detailing of what led to the networks demise that I've heard from anyone thus far.

View attachment 67387235

She starts by yammering about CNN+. Fine, who cares. Another stab at a streaming service fails. Line forms at the right.

Then while "explaining" what CNN did with Trump what actually sits at the core of CNN's Trump coverage goes right over her head. Yes Megyn, CNN used Trump rallies for ratings and then turned on him. CNN turns on EVERYBODY. That is what you don't get Meghan. You can't see the forest for the trees. CNN's schtick is controversy, provocation snd dog pile on the carpet narratives. They will do ANYTHING that feeds them. It is not LEFT vRIGHT melodrama....it's simply melodrama and CNN does not care who they cuddle up with today and abandon tomorrow as long as it fits their dog pile on the carpet narratives. Never thought you were very smart Megyn. Thanks for confirming it.

CNN will be your buddy this week and throw you under the bus the next as long as they can promote some political slugfest or another out of it.

Why do you think the House Select Committee is giving its text messages to CNN...hummmmm, Meghan? Does not make the text messages less relevant. But that CNN is getting them simply tells you that politicians know the score and the game even if you don't.

That animated mic drop meme really convinced me.

Is it only me, or did Kelly's constant fluffing of Fox sound like a over the air resume, in an attempt to get her old job back?

Is it only me, or did Kelly's constant fluffing of Fox sound like a over the air resume, in an attempt to get her old job back?
After the 10's of millions she received from her contract settlement with NBC, she made it clear she has no interest in going back to Fox or any other network. She want's to spend more time with her family and doing the podcast on Sirus allows for that. If she had wanted to go back to Fox News, she could have easily done so. Her ratings there were huge so they would have taken her back in a second. She's appeared a few times as a guest on Fox News in the last 6 or 8 months, so it's obvious the network doesn't have any issue with her.

What Kelly said about Fox News wasn't an attempt to kiss their asses, it was simply the truth, just like the things she said about CNN were.

View attachment 67387235

Wait, the right likes Megyn Kelly again? I thought you people dropped her after Trump told you to back in 2015?

Wait, the right likes Megyn Kelly again? I thought you people dropped her after Trump told you to back in 2015?
I never had an issue with Megyn Kelly over anything, including the feud she had with Trump. Hell, I have quite a few conservative friends and I don't know of one that had or has an issue with her either.

I just looked up her ratings between the start of her feud with Trump in 2015 through the beginning of 2017 and she was consistently in the top 3 in ratings, most often only taking a back seat to Bill O'Reilly for the most watched show on cable news. The biggest thing I noticed was after her tiff with Trump, her numbers didn't go down, they went up.

Back
Top Bottom