• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meghan McCain: If Obama had disrespected the military like Trump, 'my head would have exploded'

Good Lord - the military approve of trump more than the general population. According to CISQUS polls, trump's net approval at the moment is NEGATIVE 10%. But he shouldn't get too upset. Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell's net approval ratings are a LOT WORSE.

I know from lifelong experience the far Left looks down on the military, but if you actually read the article, maybe you’d have gleaned more information than just your preconceived opinions of the United States military.

It's all very well for conservatives to criticise trump when his language and behaviour warrant it. But NOONE on the right is doing anything about it. Couldn't McConnell or Ryan have a quiet word with him and tell him to tone it down a bit.

Nope - all I ever see them do is kiss trump's butt. A lot of moderate republicans are worried that trump is going to flush the entire party down the toilet if this manic behaviour continues.

They all lost their spines and kissed his ass because they needed him in order to keep their cushy jobs in Congress. But now, the tide has begun to turn and those members of Congress that weren't fully supportive are gone and those remaining will follow him into the darkest abyss imaginable. Those are the men who are eventually going to deeply regret the day they enabled and emboldened him. I refer to Trump as the '3-C president', chaos, controversy and conflict. That's what he represents, nothing more.

But why should all of us Vets do so. Presidengt bone spurs should just keep his mouth shut when it comes to the military!!!!

I'm almost glad. The guy is trying hard to prove to everyone not a cultist that he's a disgrace to his office.

I know from lifelong experience the far Left looks down on the military, but if you actually read the article, maybe you’d have gleaned more information than just your preconceived opinions of the United States military.

Ya 68% of the women in the US military disaprove of Trump, did you glean that figure? Its an even bigger gendergap then the US population over all. Trump has BIG time issue keeping female voters.

Ya 68% of the women in the US military disaprove of Trump, did you glean that figure? Its an even bigger gendergap then the US population over all. Trump has BIG time issue keeping female voters.
Yes, exactly part of my point.

If McRaven can't stand the heat, he should get out of the kitchen.

Or.... it is time to turn up the heat in the Whitehouse. Trump needs to be made very uncomfortable there.

Last edited:
Gotta wonder where is that final straw? Camel is showing some stress......

As long as Trump continues to piss off liberals/Democrats, most Republican voters will NEVER stop supporting him, at least while he's still president. That's American conservatism in a nutshell today. All it takes to be a heroic figure to them is to piss off liberals.

Most conservatives are a bunch of frauds when it comes to religion, family values and patriotism. They use those issues against their political opponents but they don't really care about them.

Trump is not anything near a Christian.
Trump's is on wife #3 who has nude pictures on the Internet
Trump dodged the draft with fake bone spurs
Trump called POWs losers
They swiftboated Kerry
They called the Christian Obama a Muslim
They claim to be Christians but don't care about healthcare for the poor.
They defend monuments to Confederates who disowned America and burned the flag but freak out about Black athletes who kneel

I could go on and on. They're a bunch of frauds. Trump is doing a great job exposing them for who they are.

Great post. While Trump is complete garbage as a president and as a person, one thing he has done is expose for the world to see what a complete joke the GOP and modern American Conservatism truly is. The fact that they specifically chose Donald Trump of all people to be their leader speaks volumes to what sewage American Conservatism today truly is, and how laughable it is when they claim to be the party of the vets, or the party of law enforcement, or the party of family values.

I live in a heavily conservative area and see "back the blue" stickers on cars all the time, and I laugh knowing these people support a corrupt piece of crap who's bashed law enforcement repeatedly throughout his presidency. What a joke. A bunch of frauds, all of them.

Last edited:
This should be Trumps biggest concern going forward. The gendergap is glaring.

It certainly hurt him in the 2018 election and I suspect the Republicans know it's only going to get worse going into 2020. The problem for the Democrats is being able to field a viable candidate for President in 2020.

Or.... it is time to turn up the heat in the Whitehouse. Trump needs to be made very uncomfortable there.

Sure. Do that.

btw, how has that been working for the past 3 1/2 years?

So how do you explain Melania and everybody else going to the ceremony in France? Do they all have storm-resisting super powers? And Trump missed the ceremony in Arlington because he didn't feel like going. He had nothing better to do.

Considering the fact that he's never once visited any of the troops anywhere, sent 5000 troops to the border as a political stunt, insults Gold Star parents, insults prisoners of war and now insults frigging Seal Team Six, the unit that killed Osama Bin Laden, is it any wonder that military approval of Trump is now on par with the same low approval as the rest of the country?

Support for Trump is fading among active-duty troops, new poll shows

"WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s approval rating among active-duty military personnel has slipped over the last two years, leaving today’s troops evenly split over whether they’re happy with the commander in chief’s job performance, according to the results of a new Military Times poll of active-duty service members.

About 44 percent of troops had a favorable view of Trump’s presidency, the poll showed, compared to 43 percent who disapproved."

3VOYRDE25BAUZJ36AFEEFS7HJ4.png

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...y-troops-new-poll-shows/#.W_NzpTN_OiE.twitter

Show me where in print it states First Lady Melania Trump attended the ceremony at Aisne Marne American Cemetery because it didn't happen.

Second- you do realize there is more than one American cemetery and memorial in France don't you? The president and first lady were planning to visit three American veteran memorials and cemeteries but two got nixed due to horrible weather. Aisne Marne and the other was a memorial for American Marines in Belleau Woods. The schedule was planned around the use of Marine One to be able to travel to these cites on time but due to weather the aircraft had been grounded. Some in here need to look at a map and realize these cites aren't just a few miles up the road but rather hours to get to by car. The president and first lady also missed the early morning gathering hosted by the Macron's for the same reasons.

Third- The president and the First Lady did make it to the luncheon and the Armistice ceremony with the other leaders and later that day arrived at Surenese American Cemetery giving a speech honoring our fallen and those who serve in the pouring rain. So to say he did not honor our Vets is a lie.

Show me where in print it states First Lady Melania Trump attended the ceremony at Aisne Marne American Cemetery because it didn't happen.

Second- you do realize there is more than one American cemetery and memorial in France don't you? The president and first lady were planning to visit three American veteran memorials and cemeteries but two got nixed due to horrible weather. Aisne Marne and the other was a memorial for American Marines in Belleau Woods. The schedule was planned around the use of Marine One to be able to travel to these cites on time but due to weather the aircraft had been grounded. Some in here need to look at a map and realize these cites aren't just a few miles up the road but rather hours to get to by car. The president and first lady also missed the early morning gathering hosted by the Macron's for the same reasons.

Third- The president and the First Lady did make it to the luncheon and the Armistice ceremony with the other leaders and later that day arrived at Surenese American Cemetery giving a speech honoring our fallen and those who serve in the pouring rain. So to say he did not honor our Vets is a lie.

As for not visiting American soldiers in war zones, the reason he isn't going is because he doesn't want to associate himself with failed foreign policies (which he's the CiC of) and fears for his life. Quite the soldier morale booster, that.

Trump has so far declined to visit those combat regions, saying he does not want to associate himself with wars he views as failures, according to current and former advisers, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private conversations. Current advisers said Trump is not expected to visit a war zone during the Thanksgiving break, which he will spend at his Mar-a-Lago golf resort in Florida.

Trump has spoken privately about his fears over risks to his own life, according to a former senior White House official, who has discussed the issue with the president and spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak candidly about Trump’s concerns.

“He’s never been interested in going,” the official said of Trump visiting troops in a combat zone, citing conversations with the president. “He’s afraid of those situations. He’s afraid people want to kill him.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...d23f2aaad09_story.html?utm_term=.d24c5264f14a

So he canceled the Aisne attendance because he was afraid of what the rain would do to his hair, and he refuses to visit American soldiers in other countries because he's a coward.

It's baffling how active personnel approval is in decline.

The Marine Corps is the only branch where there's any sort of significant support for Trump. The Army is roughly split while the Air Force and Navy dislike the man.

Furthermore, the bulk of Trump's support out of those groupings comes from the enlisted personnel--- officers view him far less favorably.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...times-poll-what-you-really-think-about-trump/

OMG what a bunch of TDS hoowee.

While Megan McCain already has her beef with the prez she really is out of line with her comments over Trump not making it to the ceremony in France. The president's plane left late due to issues out of his control. Furthermore the weather was horrific in France as they were experiencing torrential downpours and high winds. Once landed they were grounded and could not fly by helicopter to the location nor could they travel by car because there was a lot of flooding on the roadways. He was present for the following ceremony.

He isn't the first president to miss the ceremony at Arlington Ceremony either. Barrack Obama often did. One year he was in China. Bush I and II missed the ceremonies at Arlington as well as did other presidents before him. But what Trump has done in his two years in office is have every surviving group from all our wars and honored them and their families at the WH. In his two Summers in office he has held a picnic for Vets and their families. He has invited solely military families to Easter and Christmas celebrations as the honored guests.

When Trump was running for office he released a 10 point list of what he wanted to achieve in reforming the broken VA. He has accomplished at least 4 items on that list through EO's and legislation passed by Congress. Before Trump, for years we kept hearing on a regular basis about vets dying before they could see a doctor and corruption within the VA itself. You don't hear so many of those stories these days.

He is working to get the fallen remains out of North Korea.

He has visited countless military bases for ceremonies and graduations.

So to claim this prez does not care about the troops is crap.

I call BS. Had it been god forbid, a LIBERAL that did the same, you'd all be gnashing your teeth. You just refuse to admit it.

In general, I don't think that's true. Did the left go after Vietnam vets?? Yes they did. They shouldn't have. They did what they were ordered to do.
These days I feel like the left supports the military way more than the right does. Not enough gets done for veterans no matter who's in charge.

In general, I don't think that's true. Did the left go after Vietnam vets?? Yes they did. They shouldn't have. They did what they were ordered to do.
These days I feel like the left supports the military way more than the right does. Not enough gets done for veterans no matter who's in charge.

Yes about Vietnam but I retired in 1998 and the Clinton WH set a tone what was anti-military. Yes, by necessity, Bill, like Barack, changed his tune over time, but it was definitely still there when I was in. I had a handful of friends working out of both JCS and HQMC who told me about the issues. I still see the attitude on display from LWers on every political forum. Sure they'll say "support the troops", but they don't when it comes down to the nitty-gritty. A common refrain is "well they joined, so it's their fault".

The Marine Corps is the only branch where there's any sort of significant support for Trump. The Army is roughly split while the Air Force and Navy dislike the man.

Furthermore, the bulk of Trump's support out of those groupings comes from the enlisted personnel--- officers view him far less favorably.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...times-poll-what-you-really-think-about-trump/

Agreed on the splits. Having retired 20 years ago I can't testify to the current state of mind, but I do find it odd about Marine enlisted vs. other services. I was an officer and can understand why most of them lean the way they do.

Mega McCain's head exploded a long time ago.

Thank goddess MM like her father does not have a large forum for her ideas. If she did she'd probably run
for congress like many do following in their fathers footsteps.

Back
Top Bottom