• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maybe these odds and ends tie together to give us a ray of hope

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Kevin "Coach" Collins
8/15/13

It’s hard to argue with Rush Limbaugh’s observation that “The Left will always tell us what they fear.” Remember the way they attacked Sarah Palin and let John McCain talk himself out of winning in 2008? The Left’s never ending investigations of Darrell Issa come to mind as well. Now we’re seeing the Left going full bore against Voter ID laws. What other reason for the immediate lawsuits against these laws could there be?

The Left understands that honest elections kill them. There are some elections Democrats just can’t win without cheating. They buy votes with “free” stuff; they bribe individuals to vote Democrat several times; they disallow absentee ballots from America’s warfighters–even those voting from combat zones; they bring honest results or dishonest results they don’t like to court and...

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Maybe these odds and ends tie together to give us a ray of hope « Coach is Right

Of course those Democratic Party voter fraud convictions in states several don't mean a thing. Keep moving folks nothing to see here.

How come no one ever bribes me or gives me free stuff for my vote? All I get is a bunch of junk mail telling me their opponent is a cross dressing devil worshiper who will raise taxes.

How come no one ever bribes me or gives me free stuff for my vote? All I get is a bunch of junk mail telling me their opponent is a cross dressing devil worshiper who will raise taxes.

because a) you are a cheap date and b) because of truth in advertising laws :mrgreen:

hell campaigns spend so much on tv that many make supporters buy the campaign signs to put in their own yard. I want free pencils or something

The Left understands that honest elections kill them. There are some elections Democrats just can’t win without cheating.
What is the incidence of voter fraud again?
Voter fraud has been great enough to actually make a difference in how many elections?

By Kevin "Coach" Collins
8/15/13

It’s hard to argue with Rush Limbaugh’s observation that “The Left will always tell us what they fear.” Remember the way they attacked Sarah Palin and let John McCain talk himself out of winning in 2008? The Left’s never ending investigations of Darrell Issa come to mind as well. Now we’re seeing the Left going full bore against Voter ID laws. What other reason for the immediate lawsuits against these laws could there be?

The Left understands that honest elections kill them. There are some elections Democrats just can’t win without cheating. They buy votes with “free” stuff; they bribe individuals to vote Democrat several times; they disallow absentee ballots from America’s warfighters–even those voting from combat zones; they bring honest results or dishonest results they don’t like to court and...

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Maybe these odds and ends tie together to give us a ray of hope « Coach is Right

Of course those Democratic Party voter fraud convictions in states several don't mean a thing. Keep moving folks nothing to see here.
You are kidding right? Former governor Romney promised every tax payer a 20% reduction in the Federal Income taxes and he still couldn't win the election. He lost by approximately 5 million votes. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

A little over 2000 cases since the year 2000? The last time I checked, not too many elections were won by less than 2000 votes.

Who Can Vote? - A News21 2012 National Project

By Kevin "Coach" Collins
8/15/13

(Excerpt)

Read more:

You are kidding right? Former governor Romney promised every tax payer a 20% reduction in the Federal Income taxes and he still couldn't win the election. He lost by approximately 5 million votes. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Reducing your taxes from ZERO is not a good selling point, thus the infamous Romney 47% comment. Romney also said some crazy (self deportation?) things and was praising RomneyCare while trying to put down ObamaCare. Romney was for all three sides of almost any issue and yet somewhat against it too. His "simple" 59-point economic plan was never quite fully explained. The massive faliure of the Romney campaign shows how just how hard it is to beat Santa Claus in an election by trying to out-gift him. ;)

I seem to remember voter fraud cases in Minnesota, Ohio, Indiana, New York, New Jersey, Virginia and several more states. Let's not forget the ACORN voter fraud scandal. But hey, let's forget those, just keep on moving folks, nothing to see here.

By Kevin "Coach" Collins
8/15/13

(Excerpt)

Read more:

So you, rush and Coach Collins believe that the left understands honest election kills them...hmmm...

Well it seem that Texas Attorney General Abbot disagrees with you...it is purely about not letting democrats to vote.

and I quote....

First, says Attorney General Greg Abbott, the redistricting is not about race. Oh no. It's about not allowing DEMOCRATS to vote. White Democrats too.

From their brief:

DOJ’s accusations of racial discrimination are baseless. In 2011, both houses of the Texas Legislature were controlled by large Republican majorities, and their redistricting decisions were designed to increase the Republican Party’s electoral prospects at the expense of the Democrats....The redistricting decisions of which DOJ complains were motivated by partisan rather than racial considerations, and the plaintiffs and DOJ have zero evidence to prove the contrary. It is perfectly constitutional for a Republican-controlled legislature to make partisan districting decisions, even if there are incidental effects on minority voters who support Democratic candidates.

Translation:

"So, basically, we just want to **** over all Democrats, and if the Black and Brown people are also hurt, well, they shouldn't vote for Democrats, should they? It's only collateral damage"

You know, having them actually come right out and say it--that they don't want Democrats to vote--is somehow not surprising. But it's good that they're doing it at last.

But wait! There's more. To address the actual accusations of racial bias and discrimination, Texas is using the argument that "Yeah, there may be an isolated incident or two, but it's NOTHING like it was in 1965".

From the article, which says it better than I can:

Furthermore, the state claims, even if Texas did discriminate, and the state stresses that it did not, it was nothing as bad as “the ‘pervasive,’ ‘flagrant,’ ‘widespread,’ and ‘rampant’ discrimination that originally justified preclearance in 1965.” So as long as Texas skies aren’t alight with flames from burning crosses, what’s the big whoop?
So, according to this, Texas is arguing that Section 2, and in fact the entire reasons for preclearance are all based on conditions in 1965. And that since "things are better than in 1965" then Section 2 is null and void.
I think the fact that Texas is second only to Mississippi in Section 2 lawsuits is the basis for this particular argument.

However, there is a danger here. Texas is arguing that ONLY conditions that existed in 1965 would justify Federal supervision of the elections process. Sort of like an "originalism to the extreme" argument.

And that can be dangerous because there are those on the Supreme Court that would like nothing more than the total eradication of the Voting Rights Act.

Not to mention the 13th 14th and 15th Amendments, but that's another story.

So I guess you guys need to coordinate as to which lie or crap you want to portray...Because All Texas Attorney General wants to do is to stop Democrats from voting. Which simply means it there was "HONEST Election" as you Say...it is Republicans and Conservatives who have snow ball chance in hell of winning anything....EVEN in Texas!

ROFLMAO

Diving Mullah

So you, rush and Coach Collins believe that the left understands honest election kills them...hmmm...

Well it seem that Texas Attorney General Abbot disagrees with you...it is purely about not letting democrats to vote.

and I quote....

First, says Attorney General Greg Abbott, the redistricting is not about race. Oh no. It's about not allowing DEMOCRATS to vote. White Democrats too.

From their brief:

DOJ’s accusations of racial discrimination are baseless. In 2011, both houses of the Texas Legislature were controlled by large Republican majorities, and their redistricting decisions were designed to increase the Republican Party’s electoral prospects at the expense of the Democrats....The redistricting decisions of which DOJ complains were motivated by partisan rather than racial considerations, and the plaintiffs and DOJ have zero evidence to prove the contrary. It is perfectly constitutional for a Republican-controlled legislature to make partisan districting decisions, even if there are incidental effects on minority voters who support Democratic candidates.

Translation:

"So, basically, we just want to **** over all Democrats, and if the Black and Brown people are also hurt, well, they shouldn't vote for Democrats, should they? It's only collateral damage"

You know, having them actually come right out and say it--that they don't want Democrats to vote--is somehow not surprising. But it's good that they're doing it at last.

But wait! There's more. To address the actual accusations of racial bias and discrimination, Texas is using the argument that "Yeah, there may be an isolated incident or two, but it's NOTHING like it was in 1965".

From the article, which says it better than I can:

Furthermore, the state claims, even if Texas did discriminate, and the state stresses that it did not, it was nothing as bad as “the ‘pervasive,’ ‘flagrant,’ ‘widespread,’ and ‘rampant’ discrimination that originally justified preclearance in 1965.” So as long as Texas skies aren’t alight with flames from burning crosses, what’s the big whoop?
So, according to this, Texas is arguing that Section 2, and in fact the entire reasons for preclearance are all based on conditions in 1965. And that since "things are better than in 1965" then Section 2 is null and void.
I think the fact that Texas is second only to Mississippi in Section 2 lawsuits is the basis for this particular argument.

However, there is a danger here. Texas is arguing that ONLY conditions that existed in 1965 would justify Federal supervision of the elections process. Sort of like an "originalism to the extreme" argument.

And that can be dangerous because there are those on the Supreme Court that would like nothing more than the total eradication of the Voting Rights Act.

Not to mention the 13th 14th and 15th Amendments, but that's another story.

So I guess you guys need to coordinate as to which lie or crap you want to portray...Because All Texas Attorney General wants to do is to stop Democrats from voting. Which simply means it there was "HONEST Election" as you Say...it is Republicans and Conservatives who have snow ball chance in hell of winning anything....EVEN in Texas!

ROFLMAO

Diving Mullah

I refer you to:
Voter ID laws in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I seem to remember voter fraud cases in Minnesota, Ohio, Indiana, New York, New Jersey, Virginia and several more states. Let's not forget the ACORN voter fraud scandal. But hey, let's forget those, just keep on moving folks, nothing to see here.
Here's a voter fraud you forgot....

"...In the midst of his 2012 GOP primary campaign for a Massachusetts state House seat, Jack Villamaino changed the party affiliation of nearly 300 people in his town of East Longmeadow. Days later, the same number of absentee ballot requests were dropped off at the town clerk’s office, a list that was almost a “name-for-name match” for those whose registration information Villamaino had altered.

Earlier this week, Villamaino pleaded guilty to felony charges of stealing ballots and changing the party affiliation of 280 Democrats during his campaign for state representative. A judge sentenced him to a year in jail, only four months of which he'll be forced to serve behind bars....

Jack Villamaino, Former GOP Candidate, Gets 4 Months In Jail For Felony Voter Fraud

That's 300 more fraudulent votes than ACORN or anybody who ever worked for them did.

Oh boy, here's another voter fraud you forgot to mention.....

...A man originally reported to have been working for the Republican Party of Virginia was arrested by the Rockingham County, Va., Sheriff’s Office on Thursday and charged with attempting to destroy voter registration forms by tossing them into a dumpster behind a shopping center in Harrisonburg, Va.

“Prosecutors charged him with four counts of destruction of voter registration applications, eight counts of failing to disclose voter registration applications and one count of obstruction of justice,” according to a report late Thursday afternoon from TPM’s Ryan Reilly. More charges could be forthcoming, according to officials.

But there is more to the story, as evidence emerges to document that it ties into a still-expanding nationwide GOP Voter Registration Fraud Scandal that the BRAD BLOG first began reporting in late September, after we’d learned that the Republican Party of Florida had turned in more than 100 allegedly fraudulent and otherwise suspect voter registration forms in Palm Beach County. The story has continued to widen ever since, to a dozen Florida counties and several other states, now including Virginia, and even to the upper-echelons of the Republican Party itself....

The man arrested today was 23-year-old Colin Small of Phoenixville, Pa. As it turns out, he does not only work for the Virginia Republican Party. According to an online profile, he appears to be working for the Republican National Committee and, prior to that, served as an Intern for Rep. Mike Kelly, R-Pa., in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Joseph Tanfani at the Los Angeles Times is reporting that Small was “working as a supervisor as part of a registration operation in eight swing states financed by the Republican National Committee.”....

GOP voter registration scandal widens - Salon.com

Hey, if you can't beat em...CHEAT!!! It's the Republican way.

By Kevin "Coach" Collins
8/15/13

(Excerpt)

Read more:

It's all a Progressive Marxist Conspiracy

I would know, I'm in on it :lol:

Do you also remember that virtually none of those cases would have been stopped by voter ID laws because they occurred via absentee ballots? (or in Minnesota's case, it was ineligible felons casting votes, which also would not have been stopped by ID laws since it doesn't say "FELON" on your driver's license)

Did you also remember that the ACORN "scandal" wasn't voter fraud, but rather voter registration fraud? Or that it was ACORN itself that alerted the authorities to the phony registrations that some of its employees wrote up? That wasn't an attempt to cast additional votes, it was lazy temp workers wanting to get paid without having to actually work, so they filled out forms with fake names. And got turned in by their bosses. No person claiming to be Mickey Mouse showed up to vote that day. Did you remember that too?

Don't you guys claim to be against Big Government solutions that don't work and infringe upon our freedom? Why is it ok to make it harder to vote but not ok to make it harder to buy a gun?

Last edited:
Do you also remember that virtually none of those cases would have been stopped by voter ID laws because they occurred via absentee ballots? (or in Minnesota's case, it was ineligible felons casting votes, which also would not have been stopped by ID laws since it doesn't say "FELON" on your driver's license)

Did you also remember that the ACORN "scandal" wasn't voter fraud, but rather voter registration fraud? Or that it was ACORN itself that alerted the authorities to the phony registrations that some of its employees wrote up? That wasn't an attempt to cast additional votes, it was lazy temp workers wanting to get paid without having to actually work, so they filled out forms with fake names. And got turned in by their bosses. No person claiming to be Mickey Mouse showed up to vote that day. Did you remember that too?

Don't you guys claim to be against Big Government solutions that don't work and infringe upon our freedom? Why is it ok to make it harder to vote but not ok to make it harder to buy a gun?

Certainly it's not a Big Government problem. It's a Home rule, State by State rule responsibility that should be consistent with the Constitution, it's amendments and the Bill of Rights. I guess that all those 57 states are in need of a totalitarian hand of Big Government led by a President for life. BTW nit picking between "Voter Registration Fraud" and "Voter Fraud" is disingenuous. Should we also use sub headings for, voting for your friends and relatives alive and dead, or suddenly finding absentee votes in the trunks of cars. It's all "Voter Fraud"

Page Not Found - Debate Politics Forums

www.dailycaller.com/2012/07/15/ny-democrat-voter-fraud-part-of-the...

Democratic Officials and Activists Linked to ACORN Plead Guilty in Voter Fraud Case | FrontPage Magazine...

DEMOCRATIC OFFICIALS in Maryland, NJ, NY and Massachusetts Face Prison Time for Voter Fraud (Video) | The Gateway Pundit...

Page Not Found - Debate Politics Forums

www.talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?109784-Largest-Case-of-Voter...

We can go on and on, what's the point? What difference does it make? That's according to you and other "Democrats". How's your "Chad hanging"?

Last edited:
And I referred you to Actual quote by the very person who initiated the law and lobbied to be passed in Texas, Texas Attorney General Abbot...Instead of supposition...You just heard it(read it) from the horses mouth!

Diving Mullah

Are you now claiming that AG Abbott speaks for all of America and the GOP? Again it is a State "Home Rule" issue.

Are you now claiming that AG Abbott speaks for all of America and the GOP? Again it is a State "Home Rule" issue.

Not at all... ALL I'm claiming...actually just pointing out that AG Abbott speaks for AG Abbott and State of Texas...He wanted to find away to stop democrats in State of Texas from voting...How do I know this...Well because he said it....

Now the question is...IS AG Abbott the only Republican not only in the Texas but in the union that wants this or are there others like him... I don't know the answer..I unless we go about and ask every republican lawmaker who is rooting for such laws.

However we can make an educated guess. Given Republican Party is very lockstep with the PartyLine, it is more than likely that this not just a whim of a rouge AG going on one man vendetta against Democracy, since other states have done simultaneously and in very organized and concerted effort, it highly likely that there are other AG abbotts in other States, they are just haven't had that Freudian slip yet....

So what dose that mean...well...it means a lot of things...but one thing that is certain is that Democrats are not scared of open democracy...It is republicans who are so utterly frighten by open massive wide spread elections. Rightly so...because over 70 years of data has shown that when people come out in droves to vote, republicans almost always lose and lose big and the more harder you make it for people to vote and the less people of them come out to vote, the better chances republicans have at winning.

That is just one of those universal truth...like universe is infinite, death and taxes.

Diving Mullah

Not at all... ALL I'm claiming...actually just pointing out that AG Abbott speaks for AG Abbott and State of Texas...He wanted to find away to stop democrats in State of Texas from voting...How do I know this...Well because he said it....

Now the question is...IS AG Abbott the only Republican not only in the Texas but in the union that wants this or are there others like him... I don't know the answer..I unless we go about and ask every republican lawmaker who is rooting for such laws.

However we can make an educated guess. Given Republican Party is very lockstep with the PartyLine, it is more than likely that this not just a whim of a rouge AG going on one man vendetta against Democracy, since other states have done simultaneously and in very organized and concerted effort, it highly likely that there are other AG abbotts in other States, they are just haven't had that Freudian slip yet....

So what dose that mean...well...it means a lot of things...but one thing that is certain is that Democrats are not scared of open democracy...It is republicans who are so utterly frighten by open massive wide spread elections. Rightly so...because over 70 years of data has shown that when people come out in droves to vote, republicans almost always lose and lose big and the more harder you make it for people to vote and the less people of them come out to vote, the better chances republicans have at winning.

That is just one of those universal truth...like universe is infinite, death and taxes.

Diving Mullah

Voter_ID_Laws.png

Lockstep? You must mean blind adherence to Democratic Party Plantation ideology.

Voter_ID_Laws.png

Lockstep? You must mean blind adherence to Democratic Party Plantation ideology.

Yes...and what a sinister ideology that is....Let US citizens vote and elect their government democratically...imagine the horrors!!!!!.

The only thing that scares me about Sarah Palin is that people might actually listen to her.

Back
Top Bottom