• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maybe it's time for the Ukrainians to bomb Moscow and St. Petersburg. These scum need to start feeling the pain.

Sanctions aren't doing the trick.

Neither is world condemnation.

Putin couldn't give two shits and he seems to have the ignorant Russian people fully behind him.

This prick needs to be brought to his knees.

And, unlike others, I have exactly zero sympathy for the Russian people as the vast majority of them have bought into his gasslighting bullshit hook, line and sinker.
After their bombing of the train station filled with civilians, I'm starting to agree with this.

Yes, but with one very big difference. The Ukrainians did nothing to precipitate their invasion and wanton slaughter while the Russians have behaved like nazis. The only way to deal with a nazi is to kill him or her. Anyone who supports Putin deserves that fate.
Putin is a war criminal and a sociopath.

I am a Jew who had relatives die in Germany. I think there are others who come from turmoil where there families were shot and killed and tortured like me who understand why you would think we kill a lot of people and blame a lot of people. I get it. I do. I am not trying to sound like a Saint or preach. All I am saying is the Nuremberg Trials have taught us some people just sat there in the box and said "they followed orders" they had no idea what was happening. Many Germans said that. The problem is the holocaust happened because it depended on an extensive network of collaborators across Europe who had no problem assisting Nazis wipe out Jews, Romas. No problem. They knew damn well where the trains were going and what the SS and Gestapo was doing in their towns and cities and collaborated. Others however did not. Others died or put their lives on the line resisting, hiding Jews, etc.

Its hard to know in that crowd who is and who is not collaborating, who follows by fear not free will, and what humans are capable of doing to protect their families even if it means killing others.

You may have heard of the psychological studies that showed when students were asked to push a button and keep increasing the frequency of electricity (it was fake of course but they did not know it) but they could hear the other side screaming, many kept increasing the button no matter how much louder the screaming got. The thing is humans will follow authority blindly and very easily. Homo sapiens are pack animals and we follow Alpha males. Its actually very easy to control and brain wash us. Some studies show I can "brain wash" or get you to agree with me blindly within 10 seconds if I know what technique to use!

Its scary to realize how easy it is to lead us into doing bad things.

Then there are those who resist the alpha males and listen to an inner calling when they think something is wrong. Those humans exist. They are within that massive crowd you call Nazis (evil people). The problem is they are very hard to detect and they may be waiting to do the right thing, have already done it, or have done the wrong thing but now wish to make amends and do something to stop what they became part of.

This is why I urge you not to buy into that script of anger and hatred triggered by Putin. It is what he wants-he wants people to turn on Russians so he can say-see they are a threat to you this is why I do what I do. The last thing you want to do with a mad man who holds his people hostage is to blame them.

I am sure you have heard of a syndrome called Stockholm Syndrome. When people truly feel helpless and out of control and feel someone else completely controls them, they will some to identify and defend that hostage taker. This is why women being abused by men stay with them rather than simply leave or why prostitutes do not leave pimps or children abusive adults. They do not think they can, and then to survive their minds come to believe they are themselves dependent on their hostage taker and must do what they are told.

This is the phenomena you see in politics and with police states. People become convinced they have no control or fear things they think they have no control over and identify with the alpha male dictator. For some it was a deliberate choice because they feel that leader protects them and is the new Jesus, for others it starts off with fear of being killed or arrested and then it evolves into an outlook where they see no other choice but to obey and if need be do what they are told to avoid themselves or family being hurt.

Its complex. Its not easy to break down.

Me do not get me wrong I hate certain people. I am no Saint. I do not want to share that. What I do share is I was in a zone where I was spat at because of who I appeared to be, not who I was. That spitting was rocks, metal, nail bombs, bullets, poorly made explosives, knives, saliva, mucus, shit, piss, vomit...should I have hated the person spitting? All I can tell you is hatred is not the emotion-you go into a grey zone of no feelings-none-you do what you have to do in the moment-its a reflex-its historians or people who have never been in that moment who after the fact offer analysis and thoughts about it and tell you what you should have done or they would have done.

Reading these posts makes clear that the propaganda master of Ukraine, Zelefsky, has been very successful at trying to get the American public to risk their families lives for his families lives even though they are not part of Nato or in our sphere of influence.

How easy to manipulate the masses it is.

Yeah its past time for a Doolittle raid.

Not true. He's enjoying a huge surge in popularity. The vast majority of the Russian people are completely supportive of this atrocity.
No you do not know that. You produce a script you have no way of knowing is accurate making you no different than any Russian you scapegoat and you lack the insight to see how you are just as "brainwashed" on scripts. You rely on second hand sources you read on the interne0 and accept it verbatum. You regiurgitate without thought or critical analysis. You in fact have no idea what the average Russian really believes you assume you do reading an internet article. You believe in a script you read on the media no different than many Russians do who depend on their media.

Why wouldyou think relying on polls from a police state would be accurate? Get Real man. Yes Putin has public support but you do not know how much it really is.

Last edited:
Reading these posts makes clear that the propaganda master of Ukraine, Zelefsky, has been very successful at trying to get the American public to risk their families lives for his families lives even though they are not part of Nato or in our sphere of influence.

How easy to manipulate the masses it is.

Your selective analysis of Zelesky;s propaganda while ignoring Putin's speaks for itself.

Further the fact that Ukraine is NOT a member of NATO does not mean the world should ignore what Putin has done or justify what Putin has done.

The fact you suggest it matters because Ukraine is not in our "sphere of influence" is a Putin script to suggest it is acceptable for Russia to demand Ukraine be a captive puppet state of Putin's empire, no more no less. You try share Putin scatological scripts.

1649603400540.png Flush the sued toilet paper down the toilet don't offer it as pearls of wisdom .

Last edited:
Tell me you are selective of how Zelefsky manipulated but not Putin. Why? You buy into your own bullshit script as much as you accuse anyone else of. Careful where you point that finger. It can get stuck up the wrong buttocks.
A false premise.

Do you have a valid question.

Putin couldn't give two shits and he seems to have the ignorant Russian people fully behind him.

And, unlike others, I have exactly zero sympathy for the Russian people as the vast majority of them have bought into his gasslighting bullshit hook, line and sinker.

That's a pretty monstrous set of statements. Do you feel the same way about America's complicity in Yemen? You don't hear about it, or what you hear is skewed by the media. Are you blameless because media has been filtered for you?

No you do not know that. You rely on second hand sources you read on the internet. You have no idea what the average Russian really believes. You believe in a script you read on the media no different than many Russians do who depend on their media. You are just as hyped on media scripts as any Russian willing to stereotype them all without using any common sense.

Do you think relying on polls from a police state would be accurate? Real man. Yes Putin has public support but you do not know how much it really is.
Your critique is fair. It is very hard to get reliable information out of what is really a police state. I was in Russia two and a half years ago and most of the people we spoke to seemed very supportive of Putin. Interestingly, they also thought tRump was a very good American president.

Bombing St.Petersburg A) isn’t actually within Ukrainian capabilities and B) is only more likely to get the Russians to support the war effort.

I'm really sick of Putin and his 140M enablers (i.e. the Russian people). Pricks need to be bombed back to the stone age.

You don't bring a slingshot to a gunfight and you have to fight fire with fire. F--- the Russians.

Again, I ask if you'd have the same view about the on-going war in Yemen, which has led to far more atrocities and civilian deaths on a fundamentally innocent people.

I just find it the selective, stone-cold outrage of a certain variant liberals to be quite unpalatable. Should Dick Cheney and George Bush be tried and executed?

Your critique is fair. It is very hard to get reliable information out of what is really a police state. I was in Russia two and a half years ago and most of the people we spoke to seemed very supportive of Putin. Interestingly, they also thought tRump was a very good American president.
Thank you for being polite in your response. You are a better person than me for doing that. I confess its the topic not you that has me fired up. I should be politer in response. I do not mean to be rude personally just point out none of us know the real truth and I should know better that you know that. I am just frustrated that we have to find a better way to reach Russians if this is to end. You know as well as me and I know that, the only way to get rid of Putin is to have teh Russian people rise up. Its possible. It happened after Afghanistan. Whether it can happen again I do not know. Maybe he has an iron grip so tight its impossible.

Shrink I just can not believe he is as popular as the polls say. Hey I read the analysis saying the polls are high in support EVEN AFTER CONSIDERING fear distortion so maybe you are dead on the majority are supporting him. I would hope though that changes the longer this insanity drags on.

To see this Nazi behaviour as we both would call it, this immoral behaviour of deliberately killing an entire people simply for being who they are nationally (Ukrainian) is insane. We humans can all be tribal(pack animal) assholes. All of us... but this is just another example of it and why it must end.

I mean you saw the latest train station attack. I share the same anger as you. I will stop with this issue with you. Its not helping matters. We both agree on the major issues. I just do not want you to hate anyone. Maybe its because I do not want you to be like me if I may say that with respect. I know what it has done for me. Nothing. Its just a stupid meaningless rage. Thanks.

Again, I ask if you'd have the same view about the on-going war in Yemen, which has led to far more atrocities and civilian deaths on a fundamentally innocent people.

I just find it the selective, stone-cold outrage of a certain variant liberals to be quite unpalatable. Should Dick Cheney and George Bush be tried and executed?
Again I say it with absolutely no intent to trivialize or downgrade the severity of the massacre of Ukraine but what you say goes to the issue of how we perceive people physically. The closer someone looks to us physically, the more outrage we feel when they die. The more physically different they look, the less outrage. The same can be said as well about geographic distance.

These two factors influence the media and our own reactions. Its part of the psyche of homo sapiens as pack animals. We tend to define people by their similarity to our own pack and how immediate a physical threat they are. This has been proven time and time again.

It has been proven you would be far more likely to not want to shoot someone who looks just like you than someone who does not look like you at all.

Some people call that racism. Its more complex than just racist double standards but bottom line is, what you are really talking about is how selective we are to the same carnage outside our own "white v.s. white Western" world.

Its a tough one because yes it creates double standards of what we find outrageous but the key here is not to downplay or apologize any of these conflicts and recognize each one (conflict) as unique but having similar patterns of human behaviour for what creates them and what we need to do to stop them.

Bottom line-there are some people that will never care whether its in Europe, Africa, Asia, anywhere. Until it impacts on them personally in a negative way, ie., making their food or gas more expensive they won't care and even when they do they won't be interested in the root causes and solutions, simply instant miracle cures to turn the has back on and get the twinkies back on the shelf.

The scenario is easy to envision, with increasing isolation and rising paranoia, Putin's tactics will probably worsen. If he decides to attack Poland for supplying Ukraine's war efforts, and the allies then come into it, I see him launching the nuclear warheads worldwide as he is finally cornered. Best to stockpile the bottled water and buy the gas masks and iodine pills now. Anyone installing a lead lined bomb shelter?

No you do not know that. You produce a script you have no way of knowing is accurate making you no different than any Russian you scapegoat and you lack the insight to see how you are just as "brainwashed" on scripts. You rely on second hand sources you read on the interne0 and accept it verbatum. You regiurgitate without thought or critical analysis. You in fact have no idea what the average Russian really believes you assume you do reading an internet article. You believe in a script you read on the media no different than many Russians do who depend on their media.

Why wouldyou think relying on polls from a police state would be accurate? Get Real man. Yes Putin has public support but you do not know how much it really is.

Agreed. It's not just the nature of the propaganda (from which there is no real escape), it's that in a very real sense, the average Russian is trying to survive. There are some really brave Russian activists who (aside from the near impossible task of navigating the truth) are risking EVERYTHING to stand up Putin. Not just their livelihood, but their freedom and the safety of their families. Can the average person, Russian or otherwise, be expected to sacrifice this much? It goes against human nature, which is why those who are willing to do this are EXTRAordinary. Actual heroes, willing to put everything on the line, are exceedingly rare.

Were the German citizens who allowed the Nazis to continue their atrocities complicit, or victims themselves? Also, the impotence of the US to hold Putin accountable is BECAUSE of the US. They neutered the international courts because they didn't want those mechanisms to be turned against them and their allies.

It's one big ugly circle.

Again I say it with absolutely no intent to trivialize or downgrade the severity of the massacre of Ukraine but what you say goes to the issue of how we perceive people physically. The closer someone looks to us physically, the more outrage we feel when they die. The more physically different they look, the less outrage. The same can be said as well about geographic distance.

These two factors influence the media and our own reactions. Its part of the psyche of homo sapiens as pack animals. We tend to define people by their similarity to our own pack and how immediate a physical threat they are. This has been proven time and time again.

It has been proven you would be far more likely to not want to shoot someone who looks just like you than someone who does not look like you at all.

Some people call that racism. Its more complex than just racist double standards but bottom line is, what you are really talking about is how selective we are to the same carnage outside our own "white v.s. white Western" world.

Its a tough one because yes it creates double standards of what we find outrageous but the key here is not to downplay or apologize any of these conflicts and recognize each one (conflict) as unique but having similar patterns of human behaviour for what creates them and what we need to do to stop them.

Bottom line-there are some people that will never care whether its in Europe, Africa, Asia, anywhere. Until it impacts on them personally in a negative way, ie., making their food or gas more expensive they won't care and even when they do they won't be interested in the root causes and solutions, simply instant miracle cures to turn the has back on and get the twinkies back on the shelf.

Racism isn't being biased. We all have biases. Surrendering and leaning into those biases is what leads to racism / bigotry. Very clearly, if the Ukrainians were brown and/or Muslim, they're be far less coverage and much less sympathy towards their situation.

The Iraq Invasion is now seen as 'Just a thing that happened, which went badly' rather than an almost apples to apples comparison of the Russian/Ukrainian conflict... on steroids.

The scenario is easy to envision, with increasing isolation and rising paranoia, Putin's tactics will probably worsen.
I'd hate to think of what "worse tactics" would be, considering the barbarity we are seeing now.

If he decides to attack Poland for supplying Ukraine's war efforts, and the allies then come into it

Well, if he attacks Poland, NATO will come into it, seeing as Poland is a NATO member. And the first target for NATO fighter jets: Moscow.

The Russian people need to band together and get rid of Putzin YESTERDAY. He is going to get many of them killed.

I'd hate to think of what "worse tactics" would be, considering the barbarity we are seeing now.

Well, if he attacks Poland, NATO will come into it, seeing as Poland is a NATO member. And the first target for NATO fighter jets: Moscow.

The Russian people need to band together and get rid of Putzin YESTERDAY. He is going to get many of them killed.

You'd think they would immediately, but I'm getting the feeling there is a real fear of worldwide nuclear annihilation if Putin is cornered.
It would be best to be vaporized in a hit.

Back
Top Bottom