• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

masectomy to prevent cancer

OK Maggie, how about THIS? Maybe men should have their prostates removed, we have a bigger chance of prostate cancer than women do breast cancer,who needs erections anyway? :lol:

"Depending on what study you look at, the chance of a man being diagnosed with prostate cancer sometime in his life is about one in five or six. That’s a sobering number in itself, but here’s something more to think about. A recent autopsy study on the incidence of prostate cancer shows that it is present even in men as young as 20. And although this may seem shocking, it can pave the way to a better understanding of what causes prostate cancer and, therefore, how you can prevent it."

All Men Get Prostate Cancer: What Are You Going Do About It? : Easy Health Options

Apparently, it's also present in a large number of men in their 80's, who have undergone biopsy, and in whom the cancer was never diagnosed, and was not the cause of death.

Apparently, it's also present in a large number of men in their 80's, who have undergone biopsy, and in whom the cancer was never diagnosed, and was not the cause of death.

According to my link nearly all men over 60 have it but if you are healthy you will not die from prostate cancer before something else kills you. I'm just glad Maggie didn't read my link or she would have seen what I posted was just a bit out of context.:lol: Now I have to go pack for my elk hunting trip, been practicing with my bow all summer for this early archery season. You'll miss me when I'm gone!:lol:

All joking aside, I didn't know a man's chance of prostate cancer was that high. Prostate cancer can be very slow-growing. I think female hormones are part of the conservative regime (or maybe either regime). But if a young man gets prostate cancer? He'd better do his homework. It is likely a much more aggressive form and surgery may well be the very best option for cure and/or longevity. Surgery. With all its uncomfortable risks.

Prostate cancer has now been proven to be present in almost every man who dies of old age or late in life but is seldom the actual cause of death. It is why most health agencies are advising against aggressive prostate treatment for most men and that it simply be monitored over time. Far too many men have had their lives adversely affected in a very bad and unnecessary way due to aggressive prostate treatments.

According to my link nearly all men over 60 have it but if you are healthy you will not die from prostate cancer before something else kills you. I'm just glad Maggie didn't read my link or she would have seen what I posted was just a bit out of context.:lol: Now I have to go pack for my elk hunting trip, been practicing with my bow all summer for this early archery season. You'll miss me when I'm gone!:lol:

You liar!!!!!!!

All joking aside, I didn't know a man's chance of prostate cancer was that high. Prostate cancer can be very slow-growing. I think female hormones are part of the conservative regime (or maybe either regime). But if a young man gets prostate cancer? He'd better do his homework. It is likely a much more aggressive form and surgery may well be the very best option for cure and/or longevity. Surgery. With all its uncomfortable risks.

Leme think, die or don't get erections for the rest of my life? Hmmm, I'll have to think long and hard about that, no pun intended.

Hey man, have a good time, and go get 'em. :) Elk is great food. :)

Leme think, die or don't get erections for the rest of my life? Hmmm, I'll have to think long and hard about that, no pun intended.

THat seems to be a common thought process on the matter. I had a friend who was diagnosed with prostate cancer, and it was end-stage by the time he went to a doctor about his symptoms. They put him on hormone treatments (female hormones to decrease his testosterone effects), and I honestly think that the psychological effects of it were harder on him than the cancer was.

If you could cut off your index finger to be pretty sure your pecker wouldn't fall off, you'd be pointin' with a completely different finger.

My index finger is much more important to me than that other piece of anatomy you suggest. Besides, I need the index finger for the cure in case I still get cancer after cutting the other appendage.

THat seems to be a common thought process on the matter. I had a friend who was diagnosed with prostate cancer, and it was end-stage by the time he went to a doctor about his symptoms. They put him on hormone treatments (female hormones to decrease his testosterone effects), and I honestly think that the psychological effects of it were harder on him than the cancer was.

I have been goofing around here but yeah, it is a serious thing and the treatment can be worse than the cure.

My index finger is much more important to me than that other piece of anatomy you suggest. Besides, I need the index finger for the cure in case I still get cancer after cutting the other appendage.

Shut up, Maggie. Just STFU.

I have been goofing around here but yeah, it is a serious thing and the treatment can be worse than the cure.

Yes, it seems that many people fail to recognize the importance of hormones in making us what we are psychologically. Take an intelligent and sexually vigorous man, and then take away his ability to be what he has been most of his life, and you are in effect destroying his self-image, and one of the things that makes his life worth living.

Yes, it seems that many people fail to recognize the importance of hormones in making us what we are psychologically. Take an intelligent and sexually vigorous man, and then take away his ability to be what he has been most of his life, and you are in effect destroying his self-image, and one of the things that makes his life worth living.

I meant the treatment is worse than the disease but I guess you figured that out.:lol: I have elk brain.

I've noticed with some people when they lose their head they just have to turn around and check out their ass and it's up there, good as new, just needs to be relocated where it belongs.
I admit I've been guilty of that myself, particularly in my earlier years. I like to think I've grown out of it, and one of the benefits of age is that you can claim just about anything, whether it's true or not, and get away with it because after all, you're just an old fart.

My condolences about how your mom passed - I've been fortunate not to have any issues with cancer in my family but I have had coworkers who suffered greatly from the disease in one of its forms and it's seldom a nice way to go.
My mother lived a very, very full life - lived to be 84. I particularly hate to hear of people snatched away by such diseases early in life. That's infinitely harder for them and those around them. My heart goes out to those - especially the children.

Back
Top Bottom