• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Markey vs Kennedy in Massachusetts

Her excuse was that rule was for the House which she leads and not the Senate. So she supported her fellow congressman. I don't buy that bullcrap but that is how she weaseled her excuse.

Yeah, complete BS on her part

I have no idea about Markey, but Kennedy appears as I want it now type, to full of himself, and has little to no difference on policies than Markey does.

I have no idea about Markey, but Kennedy appears as I want it now type, to full of himself, and has little to no difference on policies than Markey does.

Markey is the long term incumbent but he's the progressive by far in this race. He and AOC introduced Green New Deal together. So this race is basically a proxy battle between the Pelosi wing and The Squad wing of the party.

Markey is the long term incumbent but he's the progressive by far in this race. He and AOC introduced Green New Deal together. So this race is basically a proxy battle between the Pelosi wing and The Squad wing of the party.

Agreed- Kennedy strikes me as having a sense of entitlement based upon family

Quite.

And if I am correct, to run for the senate in Massachussetts you have to forfeit your house seat. You can't run for both at the same time. So a loss for him today would put him out of the fed gov altogether.

Quite.

And if I am correct, to run for the senate in Massachussetts you have to forfeit your house seat. You can't run for both at the same time. So a loss for him today would put him out of the fed gov altogether.

You are correct.

Early returns was really tight with Kennedy between 3 and less than 1 percent ahead. Now 7% counted and Markey has pulled ahead 58-41.

COME ON MARKEY! Put him away.

The other big centrist vs progressive race there is Richard Neal vs Alex Morse respectively. This is a much MUCH more difficult race for the progressive candidate Morse.

He's currently down 60%-40% with 25% counted.

Quite.

Been watching him, and he strikes me a a Canadian Trudeau- and I am not fond of Trudeau- shallow man, not the man his father was

So he is screwed for the next few years. Till the next Senate race and who knows what the world will be then.

The other big centrist vs progressive race there is Richard Neal vs Alex Morse respectively. This is a much MUCH more difficult race for the progressive candidate Morse.

He's currently down 60%-40% with 25% counted.

Morse is that not the Mayor they tried to slam with BS allegations?

Been watching him, and he strikes me a a Canadian Trudeau- and I am not fond of Trudeau- shallow man, not the man his father was

So he is screwed for the next few years. Till the next Senate race and who knows what the world will be then.

Well he definitely won't take Warren's place for the other Senate seat.

He also is qualified on his own merits if you don't compare resumes.

In a US Senate where seniority is so important, you have to offer the voters a compelling case for change, and if substantive policy differences does not provide it, and you don't have a scandal, you are pretty boxed in, even if you are a Kennedy.

I would have voted for Markey too.

The Kennedy dynasty is OVER.

No it's not. This was only Joe Kenneday's first try to win a Congress seat.

The Kennedy's had an 80-year undefeated streak in Massachusetts. They don't lose in that state but they did.

What I find interesting is Pelosi threw her full support behind Kennedy. AOC threw her full support behind Markey. Markey was one of the first to support AOC's Green New Deal.
To me this is a sign that the Democratic Party has truly embraced the far left of their party.

Doug Schoen says Markey's Mass. primary victory proves AOC is most powerful Democrat in America. He has a piece up at FOX news where he said Markey was trailing Kennedy early on but after AOC's endorsement and making ads for his campaign turned the race around.

Given Ocasio-Cortez’s clear popularity, influence, and fundraising support, Schumer is justifiably worried that Ocasio-Cortez could run against him in the primary in 2022, potentially positioning herself as the Democrats' real leader whether or not Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is elected this November.

Doug Schoen: Markey'''s Mass. primary victory proves AOC is most powerful Democrat in America | Fox News

Doug Schoen says Markey's Mass. primary victory proves AOC is most powerful Democrat in America.

Markey's been in Mass. politics for almost 50 years and he's the incumbent. He is absolutely more influential in Massachusetts politics than AOC.

Moreover, there was no ideological content to the primary, since the candidates had the same positions on the issues. It was a primary almost entirely about voter preferences as to age (old vs young), presence (is Markey here enough?), which institutional last name you prefer, and whether challenging an incumbent for no particular reason is distasteful.

The Kennedy's had an 80-year undefeated streak in Massachusetts. They don't lose in that state but they did.

The Kennedy Machine can't beat the machine of the Far Left yahoos who want to turn America into Venezuela.

Boston is a good city, dont judge it on how they vote

Boston is RIFE with corruption.Even the Boston Diocese Bishops.Unless guys with
the name Whitey Bulger { Brother of a State Senator } isn't enough.It crippled
Johnny Depp's career just to play dat guy in the movie - Black Mass - { 2015}.
- The Friends of Eddie Coyle - { 1973 } have it about right.
The Bay State may have the dubious distinction of producing some
of the most notorious crimes in U.S. History " -

Markey's been in Mass. politics for almost 50 years and he's the incumbent. He is absolutely more influential in Massachusetts politics than AOC.

Moreover, there was no ideological content to the primary, since the candidates had the same positions on the issues. It was a primary almost entirely about voter preferences as to age (old vs young), presence (is Markey here enough?), which institutional last name you prefer, and whether challenging an incumbent for no particular reason is distasteful.

Which begs the question.How is a Kennedyesque Pol like Markey gonna shut-up
the John Kerry Acolyte and recent Big Mouth troublemaker of the Notorious
Squad { Omar,AOC,Talib and Her [Ayanna Pressley] } just to make sure she stands
out she got herself a Kojak { No hair whatsoever,completely shaven head }.
Cuz she's a nut.A True Radical.Will never sell in Kennedy Country.Nor Markey land.
That you can be sure of.Boston is an historic city { hub for surrounding Universities }.
She would need the good grace of University Professors like Harvards Derrick Bell
who was a mentor to Barack Obama.Bell WAS a big advocate of Critical Race Theory.
He passed away a few years.You know like the way Obama's Father and mother
passed-on many years ago.Way before their time.Strange coincidence ?
I Don't think so.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom