• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Many should rethink their thinking

Ummm, yeah...keep telling yourself that. How much do you make as a sea-lion?

giphy.gif
Just say you can't name any. It'll save typing and hunting for graphics.

I've heard plenty of people (myself included) say that it's personal medical decision. Somehow that is deemed anti-vax. As I've said here before, if I had a healthy kid under 18, there is NFW I would get them vaccinated for COVID. The chance of them getting seriously sick or dying is statistically zero.

You are so right...
Hi Rawley... but I do think in the end, it becomes a personal decision for parents to decide what is best for their children, to vaccinate or not vaccinate. I have four grandchildren. The oldest who starts college in the fall has to have a Covid vaccine in order to attend. The other three, who are younger, are all involved in athletics and their parents chose to have them vaccinated as a precaution. Their choice, right?

He didn't 'recommend' it.

Fauci did not explicitly advise people to wear two masks during his interview on the Today Show, but he did say, "It just makes common sense that it likely would be more effective," and explains that this common sense is the reason behind why people double mask or wear N95 masks.
Afterward, during his appearance in the CNN town hall and AFT's live stream, he stated the CDC's guidelines on masks, and said they have not recommended doubling up on them.
In AFT's video posted to YouTube,
he said the reason the CDC has not issued new recommendations is that there is no current data available about the efficacy of doubling up on masks.

Do you really think I am going to accept a fringe left wing site like Newsweek as a fact checker?

He was trying to inform the public. Pretty sure it's part of his job to make sure people understand the dangers and what they can do to stay safe.

Informing the public can be done largely by attendance and testimony at press conferences and replayed during news broadcasts. Showing up on every commentary segment on every 24 hour news network is a bit much.

NIH gave a grant to Wuhan for research on the bats, and the proposal did not include Gain of Function. Rand Paul is interpreting work their lead bat researcher did and saying Gain of Function was involved. Dr. Fauci says Rand Paul doesn't know what he is talking about. Since Rand Paul is a senator with an obvious political agenda, not a leading epidemiologist, and since Senator Paul is lifting choice quotes from emails and snippets from studies he had no knowledge or involvement with, I'm going to guess Dr. Fauci is right--Rand Paul doesn't know what he is talking about.

I don't understand jumping onboard the train to incessantly villify Fauci, based on all sorts of misinformation and unproven allegations. It apparently has some purpose,

It's a trust issue. Early in the pandemic he attempted to gag any suggestion that the virus escaped from that very same lab that he was a part of American funding to, all the while keeping that funding and his part in it silent. Now the most plausible scenario is that it escaped from a lab.
but I can't for the life of me figure out WHAT.

By the way, bait posts smell exceedingly baity.
You should probably cut back on that some.

You are so right...
Hi Rawley... but I do think in the end, it becomes a personal decision for parents to decide what is best for their children, to vaccinate or not vaccinate. I have four grandchildren. The oldest who starts college in the fall has to have a Covid vaccine. The other three, who are younger, are all involved in athletics and their parents chose to have them vaccinated as a precaution. Their choice, right?
Absolutely their choice. Personally, I'm not going to give my kids drugs, particularly ones that are still experimental, when the medical benefit of the drug is zero. Literally zero.

Last edited:
Absolutely their choice. Personally, I'm not going to give my kids drugs, particularly ones hat are still experimental, when the medical benefit of the drug is zero. Literally zero.

Remember this though... It's hard to tell your kids you're not going to the university you had your heart set on, or to be the star quarterback next season, or be the setter on the volleyball team or the key player that scores most of the goals on the soccer team. This is our family, and IMO, their parents made the best choice to benefit their kids.

Somebody learned an internet expression they were just dying to use.
I had to look it up. If you ask someone to support their proposition, it's sealioning

You didn't answer my questions.

Sure I did. You were suggesting that being a liar is not a reflection of a man's character, integrity, or trustworthiness. I think you see now why that may be a misimpression. That's why now no one but his cult base of true believers trust anything he says anymore. Words matter. Trump lost the trust of the nation.

Sure I did. You were suggesting that being a liar is not a reflection of a man's character, integrity, or trustworthiness. I think you see now why that may be a misimpression. That's why now no one but his cult base of true believers trust anything he says anymore. Words matter. Trump lost the trust of the nation.
*sigh* Ok.

Remember this though... It's hard to tell your kids you're not going to the university you had your heart set on, or to be the star quarterback next season, or be the setter on the volleyball team or the key player that scores most of the goals on the soccer team. This is our family, and IMO, their parents made the best choice to benefit their kids.
I doubt I'd keep my kid out of their college of choice over it. But we would certainly have a discussion.

FYI - we never got or gave our kids flu shots. Of course they got the normal childhood vaccines. But this is not a normal childhood illness.

You see, right there, that's a lie. Trump's base for the most part still trusts him. Yes, words do matter.

qualifier: That doesn't mean I do.

I’m just so proud of the vaccinated masking up for us smarter demographic. We appreciate the support 👍
You'll be getting yours soon.

I doubt I'd keep my kid out of there college of choice over it. But we would certainly have a discussion.

FYI - we never got or gave our kids flu shots. Of course they got the normal childhood vaccines. But this is not a normal childhood illness.

My kids never gave their kids flu shots either.

Who?
Is he an anti-vaxxer?

Man you really want attention bad.
Tried looking that one up. No idea who Jack Hayes is.

Night all - off to a cute french restaurant for dinner.

I doubt I'd keep my kid out of there college of choice over it. But we would certainly have a discussion.

Last year was the first time I ever got a flu shot. I did it for my wife.

You see, right there, that's a lie. Trump's base for the most part still trusts him. Yes, words do matter.

qualifier: That doesn't mean I do.
They trust him like the people of North Korea trust Kim Jong Un.

Back
Top Bottom