• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Mandatory Draft

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
You can't on one side of your mouth say: "the troops are terrorists, we can't win the war, the war was mistake, we were misled into war, the war is illegal, the war is unjust, President Bush is the worlds biggest terrorist, Bush lied kids died, we demand withdrawal, etc etc." And on the other side of your mouth say: "how dare you say that we don't want to win in Iraq."

That sh!t just doesn't fly.

Mmmmm....yeah. Yeah you can.

From Deans comments that we can't win the war to Kerry calling the troops terrorists all the way to Murtha calling for premature withdrawal it sure does seem like you want us to fail. Get with the program the Democrats are invested in defeat they want Bush to fail so they can reclaim their power, and let's not even get into how the liberals secretly cheer everytme there's another insurgency bombing resulting in U.S. casualties so they can celebrate the 1,000 and 2,000 KIA counts like they're a fuc/king holiday!

Come on man, you don't really believe that tripe do you?

Please refrain from Michael Moore's mentality.

Harshaw said:
Here's a fantastic example of what the Left has been doing throughout the entire Bush administration, and not just about the War on Terror:

Moving the goalposts.

It's a repeating pattern:

"Bush needs to accomplish X. It'll never happen."

(X happens.)

"Yeah? Well, Y didn't happen, and X is meaningless without it . . . "

(Y happens)

"So what? For real success, you need Z."

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Put simply, the Left wants nothing better than gloom, doom, and defeat. They root for us to lose.

How has X,Y, and Z happened? All we did is turn a dicatotorship into a theocracy, which isn't false since the religous majority group called the Shiites are in complete power. I want us to win if you read the first post on this thread you would realize this, I just don't want it to take 15 years and 15,000 soldiers where it isn't needed. Yet the cons continue to put our soldiers lives on the line without any exit strategy and a goal that has become less and less clear.

I just love these fallacious assumptions that the new Iraqi parliament wants a theocracy.

Your pointing out one radicals viewpoint and claimng that it speaks for the entire Iraqi parliament is like saying that Ted Kennedy speaks for the entire Congress.

I just love that you didn't provide me with the simple poll I asked for.
You just went ahead and said I was wrong

:doh

Of course because what Trajan says is always right, right?:roll:

Che said:
Everyone either says we should get out of Iraq or stay in with the low amount of troops we have. People don't seem to realize that the less troops we have in there, the longer it's going to take and the more casualties we're going to accumalate.

I say instead of cutting troops from 150,000 to 130,000. We get every male 18-21 at first to register for a draft.Service would be no more than 3 years. Instead of having a small amount of trrops, we could raise it to 500,000 and overwhelm the insurgents. That way we can finish the job faster and get back to real problems that we face here in America.
People are naturally selfish, greedy, stupid, self servient beings? They will believe anything they are told? I have come to realize this going to college? All your brain belongs to me! :mrgreen:

About the draft, its just a rumor, nothing more. Purhaps an email chainletter or Party Politics as usual. If the draft was stated, you wouldn't hear from me for years. :mrgreen:

I am just pleased at this point....that I am too old to be in the first round. Mind you, if this country were in danger, I would likely change my tune but.....we clearly are not. Individuals might be blown up by one terrorist or another, this however....does not threaten the United States as an entity.....It would seem the reaction to a percieved thread....has been far more deadly, than the threat itself.

cnredd said:
Which would make the Iraqi population believe they are truly being overrun with an invading force to oppress them which ends up creating more animosity within the population which creates more insurgents...

:shrug:

What does it matter. The US is there to oppress them and control their oil. We don't care if we cause animosity or not as long as Exxon and Haliburton makes money.

Did you listen to Bush's state of the union address. Nothing in there had much to do with the state of the union. He did not speak of thousands at Ford, Boeing and GM losing their jobs. He did not say anything helpful to the united States. It was mostly lies and spin meant to confuse and scare.

Bush is a fu_k__g abomination. Bush is pure evil. He failed in the Military, he failed as Head of Larkin Petroleum, he practically destroyed Texas' economy as governor. People from Saudi Arabia, and Egypt attacted us on 9/11 and he goes to war with Irag.

When is Bush gonna start fight the war on terror and stop creating terrorists?

tecoyah said:
I am just pleased at this point....that I am too old to be in the first round. Mind you, if this country were in danger, I would likely change my tune but.....we clearly are not. Individuals might be blown up by one terrorist or another, this however....does not threaten the United States as an entity.....It would seem the reaction to a percieved thread....has been far more deadly, than the threat itself.
Personally I wouldn't give a crap if I went or not! I mean its not like their is something worth living for in this dirtball of planet, at least I would die for something other than my own selfish ambitions.

Insurgencies alone can't win wars only militaries can, we took Baghdad in a week the Iraqi military is totally destroyed and the resistance is now made up of people who blow themselves up to kill civilians, they can't do any real damage to our military and they know it, insurgencies alone always fail in the end, it's historical fact it just takes about 8-10 years.

You are basically right. Civilization is what wins out over radicalism. But the problem in Iraq is that "democracies" don't support long drawn out wars of attrition that drain the national treasury and bleed the youth of the nation. That requires empire! George Bush and his neoconservative gangster friends are an inept bunch of idiots that now have a pit bull by the ears and have no idea how to let go.

You cannot fight a war of attrition with politically correct rules of engagement. Fahlujah was an example of politically correct lunacy! Knowing that the enemy is hiding out in a mosque and refusing to bomb it for fear of "offending" the enemy? How about the "offending" of the parents and families of those young men who needlessly died so that the George could feel good about himself?

But he's got what he wants and all those fat-arsed neocons that have been beating the war drums in the safety of their living rooms will get a chance to prove all of that false bravado on the field of battle! They raised the draft age a while back because they knew that they were going to have to reinstate it in order to fight Iran and Syria... and make no mistake... we're going to war with them sooner rather than later.

It's easy to cry for war when you don't have to go and get your butt shot off. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom