• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manafort team files response under seal to allegations that he lied to investigators

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Paul Manafort's attorneys failed to properly redact their filing. They reveal that Mueller alleges Manafort "lied about sharing polling data with Mr. Kilimnik related to the 2016 presidential campaign". Konstantin Kilimnik has alleged ties to Russian intelligence.

(CNN)Lawyers for Paul Manafort will reveal in coming court filings his response to the special counsel's office accusation that he lied during his post-guilty-plea cooperation sessions. The details of their arguments are not yet public, but may be made public sometime Tuesday, according to the federal court.

Manafort team files response under seal to allegations that he lied to investigators

That is called collusion, and obstruction of justice.

Last edited:
Paul Manafort's attorneys failed to properly redact their filing. They reveal that Mueller alleges Manafort "lied about sharing polling data with Mr. Kilimnik related to the 2016 presidential campaign". Konstantin Kilimnik has alleged ties to Russian intelligence.

He is still in solitary, so he is under pressure to write the words that match the tune. IMO, any testimony he offers is even more suspect than a Russian witness.

He is still in solitary, so he is under pressure to write the words that match the tune. IMO, any testimony he offers is even more suspect than a Russian witness.

It was always known that once collusion was established trump supporters would resort to this type of response. It's why trump supporters demanding evidence of crimes, and then evidence of collusion, was always disingenuous.

I think they can prove what his lawyers did...

It was always known that once collusion was established trump supporters would resort to this type of response. It's why trump supporters demanding evidence of crimes, and then evidence of collusion, was always disingenuous.

Then they make insane theories and fail to give their own, and yell at us to research on our own and open our minds.

Collusion isn't a crime, so whatever is known is most likely a nothingburger.

Sharing polling data? That's a nothingburger.

Good lord. Anything to defend Trump.

He didn't write the words "I lied about sharing polling data with Russians". Mueller alleges that he did this, and we have to assume that if Mueller is indicting him for it, then he must have some evidence for it. You can't pretend that this is "he said she said". The courts will not allow this to continue without actual evidence. You can continue trashing our justice system all you want, but it won't change anything.

Sharing polling data isn't a crime.

"We think the Trump campaign might have been in contact with Russians and getting assistance form them during the election"

"OMG, yall are dreaming this up! It's all fake news! Yall would be mad if he used russian dressing LOL!"

"Well, here is evidence that they had numerous meetings and lied about them, as well as sharing polling data and back channel communications, and were lying about business dealings in Russia during the campaign"

"Collusion isn't a crime!"

Collusion isn't a crime, so whatever is known is most likely a nothingburger.

Sharing polling data? That's a nothingburger.

Right, but ‘conspiracy to defraud the US’ would be the proper equivalent to “collusion” and that is most definitely a crime. Collusion never was a crime, that was established long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've said from the beginning that it appeared the trolls were using up to date polling information to target their messaging.

And that that would be proof of collusion (conspiracy) if they could prove that was done.

So the plot thickens.

This is called another nutty thread. But it's in good company because there are many of them!!
Right now it's a nothing story!!

Good lord. Anything to defend Trump.

He didn't write the words "I lied about sharing polling data with Russians". Mueller alleges that he did this, and we have to assume that if Mueller is indicting him for it, then he must have some evidence for it. You can't pretend that this is "he said she said". The courts will not allow this to continue without actual evidence. You can continue trashing our justice system all you want, but it won't change anything.

Good lord anything to attack president Trump! It works both ways..... :doh

What’s so significant about sharing polling data?

Google, Facebook, etc sell this kind of Information. It is their business.

That information helped the trolls target their messaging.

So "coordinating with a foreign power to defraud the united states" would be the crime. If a campaign shares polling data with a pac that's illegal coordination.

What’s so significant about sharing polling data?

Ask manafort. He's the one that allegedly lied about it.

There's nothing wrong with me lying about being with my friends at a bar on thursday night, but if my wife went missing thursday night and they'd found out I lied to them when telling them I was at the bar on thursday night I'm pretty sure they'd find that interesting and look into it.

Right, but ‘conspiracy to defraud the US’ would be the proper equivalent to “collusion” and that is most definitely a crime. Collusion never was a crime, that was established long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does sharing polling data "defraud The United States government"?

Back
Top Bottom