• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manafort shared polling data on 2016 election with "The GRU GUY"

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Boy you really have to wonder if our human intelligence assets are as deep into Russia as their human intelligence assets are into us. Granted our electronic intelligence capabilities are better than theirs. But their human intelligence has about a 200 year advantage on ours and they are simply that much better than we are. Its not even close.

Natalia Veselnitskaya, Dana Rohrabacher, Paul Manafort.... Who and what is next?

I had always thought that Manafort was more afraid of the Russians than he was of anything else and it now appears that is the case. No wonder he was willing to lie and screw up his plea deal with Mueller as opposed to tempt the Russians who are likely still quite willing and capable of ending his life for him. In fact, I have mused in these pages that I doubt the Russians are that much less reluctant to bump off Manafort on US soil than they would be off bumping of people in England. It might actually be the thin difference between murdering in the UK and murdering a American citizen here that is keeping Manafort alive at this point.

This is about to get really ugly and I mean really ugly. Trump is probably desperate to pardon him but he really can't. Manafort probably does not want to be pardoned now. If anything he wants to go into deep protective custody with his wife who is likely scared out of her wits if she knows what is going on.

OK. This looks REALLY bad for Trump.

There is no good reason for Manafort to have been sharing polling data with foreign agents. If a foreign agent wants polling data they really need to go to the media and read it there just like everyone else.

:doh

If it looks like a duck........

tic toc tic..........

Now see...this is why you should never consume the spinning nonsense from the media. You actually believe that Manafort shared something with a Russian. In fact, some unknown third party SAID that's what Manafort did...and Mueller, like a dumbass, ran with it in court.

Here is the actual section of the defense attorney's court filing:

Fourth redaction on page 9

The first alleged misstatement identified in the Special Counsel’s submission(regarding a text exchange on May 26, 2018) related to a text message from a third-party asking permission to use Mr. Manafort’s name as an introduction in the event the third-party met the President. This does not constitute outreach by Mr. Manafort to the President. The second example identified by the Special Counsel is hearsay purportedly offered by an undisclosed third party and the defense has not been provided with the statement (or any witness statements that form the basis for alleging intentional falsehoods).

https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/man...heir-response-to-mueller-heres-what-they-say/

OK. This looks REALLY bad for Trump.

There is no good reason for Manafort to have been sharing polling data with foreign agents. If a foreign agent wants polling data they really need to go to the media and read it there just like everyone else.

:doh

So like the best Human Intelligence Network in world could not figure that much out for themselves. Thats your argument? You don't know what you are talking about. Internal polling data is different from the Gallup poll. Jesus we are a dumb as dirt country now.

Boy you really have to wonder if our human intelligence assets are as deep into Russia as their human intelligence assets are into us. Granted our electronic intelligence capabilities are better than theirs. But their human intelligence has about a 200 year advantage on ours and they are simply that much better than we are. Its not even close.

Natalia Veselnitskaya, Dana Rohrabacher, Paul Manafort.... Who and what is next?

I had always thought that Manafort was more afraid of the Russians than he was of anything else and it now appears that is the case. No wonder he was willing to lie and screw up his plea deal with Mueller as opposed to tempt the Russians who are likely still quite willing and capable of ending his life for him. In fact, I have mused in these pages that I doubt the Russians are that much less reluctant to bump off Manafort on US soil than they would be off bumping of people in England. It might actually be the thin difference between murdering in the UK and murdering a American citizen here that is keeping Manafort alive at this point.

This is about to get really ugly and I mean really ugly. Trump is probably desperate to pardon him but he really can't. Manafort probably does not want to be pardoned now. If anything he wants to go into deep protective custody with his wife who is likely scared out of her wits if she knows what is going on.

There's no point in assassinating anyone. The mission is to embarrass the US.

If it looks like a duck........

tic toc tic..........

Polls are only secret if the one who paid for the poll wants them to be secret......look for instance at how often we talk about polls.

This is nothing dressed up as something.

Now see...this is why you should never consume the spinning nonsense from the media. You actually believe that Manafort shared something with a Russian. In fact, some unknown third party SAID that's what Manafort did...and Mueller, like a dumbass, ran with it in court.

Thread KILLER.

yoda light saber thread fail.jpg

There's no point in assassinating anyone. The mission is to embarrass the US.

Except that the whole idea of covert operations is that they remain covert. The last thing Russia wants is complete exposure of their covert op.

We have already been embarrassed beyond belief at this point. It does not get worse on the embarrassment end since many of us already believe some portion of this already got to Trump's desk at some point. How much more embarrassing can it get? Believe me I could care less if Russian whores were pissing on him in some hotel room in Moscow.

Yes, to protect that covert op, Manafort would undoubtedly be worth killing for the Russians.

Except that the whole idea of covert operations is that they remain covert. The last thing Russia wants is complete exposure of their covert op.

Why? What does Russia lose in exposure? Does anyone put anything past Putin?

Russia has nothing to lose here. The more they got us, the more they win. Proof is merely a realization of their plan.

Yes, to protect that covert op, Manafort would undoubtedly be worth killing for the Russians.

That makes no sense. Any Russian harmed by exposure was more expendable than the Saudi Prince's men.

Yes. I think Manafort realizes that the safest place he could possibly be right now is securely locked away in a maximum-security prison, safely away from any Russians.

Last edited:

Russia has nothing to lose here. The more they got us, the more they win. Proof is merely a realization of their plan.

By the time we figure out what they did to us 2 years ago, they will be busy shafting us in many other clever new ways. By the time we figure it all out, it will just be ancient history.

By the time we figure out what they did to us 2 years ago, they will be busy shafting us in many other clever new ways. By the time we figure it all out, it will just be ancient history.

We shaft them plenty, but it's looking like they got a couple jabs in recently.

This whole Russia collusion thing, as far as I can tell, is pure trumpery; it's a sign that Democrats have a streak of being sore losers. Worse, it is a coup, masqueraded as a process of law and order, an attempt to forcefully change the results of the 2016 presidential election. A lot of that was seen in Georgia and Florida in the midterm election of 2018.

Despite the hagiography of Mueller on the left, I think he is a man of questionable integrity. He seems hellbent on trying to get Trump, trying to prove collusion with Russia, despite the fact that we know that the Clinton campaign actually worked with Russian officials against Trump, yet these sore loser Democrats want to ignore that, because that goes against the narrative.

Citation that the Clinton campaign worked with the Russians: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...fa705927d54_story.html?utm_term=.6ac74f0cb6fb

Good grief. I don't even know what to say to that.

Russia has plenty to lose here. On one level they would have a complete covert op with its pants down around its ankles. No highly sophisticated human intelligence agency wants that. It is their worst nightmare scenario if that is where this goes.

Second, assuming they have invested a fair amount Donald Duck and friends, that investment goes up in smoke.

Third, Dana Rohrabacher long considered Putin's man in our House of Representatives is being drawn into this in a way that will have us looking at remaining Congressman on the Hill. Dana is gone from the House now. But real evidence of his links to Russian Intelligence will get us performing colonoscopies using probes the size of telescopes on every Congressman on the Hill. How many more Rohrabacker's are there up there?

Fourth, Putin has claimed from the start that there is no there there. It does not matter that we sorta' kinda' don't trust Putin. There is a big different on the scale of state actors on the world stage if Putin's pants are down around his ankles on this. Suddenly Russian diplomates/intelligence officers will be getting tossed out of world capitals left and right and Putin will be suddenly unwelcome on the world stage.

Is that enough? if not I can go on.

That's hilarious!

If you pull up the court documents from the link in the article you provided and then select to view them as "text" the redactions are completely removed.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5677522-Response-to-Order-of-the-Court.html

There is big different on the scale of state actors on the world stage if Putin's pants are down around his ankles on this. Suddenly Russian diplomates/intelligence officers will be getting tossed out of world capitals left and right and Putin will be suddenly unwelcome on the world stage.

You know Putin has murdered people in foreign countries, even the West, right?

Pulling some fast ones during a US election is hardly paradigm shifting.

Here's a nice little story from NPR that shows how tough Trump has been on Russia: https://www.npr.org/2018/07/20/630659379/is-trump-the-toughest-ever-on-russia

"When you actually look at the substance of what this administration has done, not the rhetoric but the substance, this administration has been much tougher on Russia than any in the post-Cold War era," said Daniel Vajdich, senior fellow at the Atlantic Council.

I know. NPR. National Public Radio. Such a fascist outlet, right!?

To all the fair-minded people out there, if Trump was an investment of Russia, it's turning out to be a bad one, policy-wise.

You know Putin has murdered people in foreign countries, even the West, right?

Pulling some fast ones during a US election is hardly paradigm shifting.

Really....any of them linked directly back to Russian Intelligence? And if you want to call this "a fast one during a US Election" I just don't know what to say to that either.

Polls are only secret if the one who paid for the poll wants them to be secret......look for instance at how often we talk about polls.

This is nothing dressed up as something.

This is private complex demographic presidential polling data not a simple "poll".

Last edited:
Really....any of them linked directly back to Russian Intelligence? And if you want to call this "a fast one during a US Election" I just don't know what to say to that either.

So Putin flat murders people in Europe and elsewhere, business as usual. But if he messed with Manafort, then the world will turn against him?

Russia celebrates every bit of evidence revealed. Their plan was to embarrass the US, not to control it. Evidence being revealed is integral to the plan and not a bad thing.

You picked that piece to make your point. Not much of an effort.

It's a fact, though, right?

Here's another fact. Crimea was annexed under Obama's watch: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annexation_of_Crimea_by_the_Russian_Federation

The Crimean Peninsula was annexed from Ukraine by the Russian Federation in February–March 2014 and since then has been administered as two Russian federal subjects—the Republic of Crimea and the federal city of Sevastopol.

Policy-wise, if Colbert was fair, he would have called Obama's mouth Putin's **** holster, but then he would have been a racist, and his career would be over.

Back
Top Bottom