• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manafort shared polling data on 2016 election with "The GRU GUY"

Now see...this is why you should never consume the spinning nonsense from the media. You actually believe that Manafort shared something with a Russian. In fact, some unknown third party SAID that's what Manafort did...and Mueller, like a dumbass, ran with it in court.

Here is the actual section of the defense attorney's court filing:

We shall see what happens.

Disliking Manafort and having evidence of some vast conspiracy to have the Russians "throw" the election to Trump, are two very different things. Besides, what does it say about the likelihood of this being true when one considers that large numbers of people, who would otherwise have voted for Hillary Clinton, would instead have to go out and vote for Trump and that they did this on the basis of the content of John Podesta's emails? The chances of that being true are as close to zero as you can get without actually being zero.

But working with and for Oligarchs attempting to swallow the Ukraine economy whole as a means to recapture the country for Putin in a bloodless takeover is in part what makes Manafort a scumbag. Then you can add his shady bank dealings here and you have a SCUMBAG. Regardless of how this campaign mess works out which frankly does not look good for Paulie, he is still a SCUMBAG!

Take all of his political lobbying aside which is probably another decent place to explore since in the main he did it for foreign countries and you still have a SCUMBAG!

Now see...this is why you should never consume the spinning nonsense from the media. You actually believe that Manafort shared something with a Russian. In fact, some unknown third party SAID that's what Manafort did...and Mueller, like a dumbass, ran with it in court.

Here is the actual section of the defense attorney's court filing:

Whew!

Thought that might be the evidence.

Thank god an unbiased source such as yourself is here to clarify.

I guess all the lies the Trump admin people gave on this Russia thing were just confused thoughts.

As we should...instead of jumping to unsupported conclusions.

.........and when they become facts, then you can begin the gymnastics! :2wave:

.........and when they become facts, then you can begin the gymnastics! :2wave:

I like facts. Don't you?

What you seem to like is wild speculation and unsupported conclusions. I don't like that.

Whew!

Thought that might be the evidence.

Thank god an unbiased source such as yourself is here to clarify.

I guess all the lies the Trump admin people gave on this Russia thing were just confused thoughts.

Not at all.

What we have here is Mueller giving the court evidence that comes from an unidentified third party...and not providing the defense with that evidence or the identity of that third party. And what we have is useful idiots somehow spinning this nonsense into a conviction for Trump.

Here's a nice little story from NPR that shows how tough Trump has been on Russia: https://www.npr.org/2018/07/20/630659379/is-trump-the-toughest-ever-on-russia

I know. NPR. National Public Radio. Such a fascist outlet, right!?

To all the fair-minded people out there, if Trump was an investment of Russia, it's turning out to be a bad one, policy-wise.

Not really. The ultimate motivation behind Russian intervention may just be to sow chaos, disunity, and discord- not just in the US domestically, but among all the Western allies and current international alliances. I don’t think they necessarily care much about putting pro-Russian leaders in power. They may be more interested in having incompetent and crazy people, or those who will play in latent fears and prejudices to fracture the countries from within. That is the purpose of their intervention in other European countries as well. When someone is driving, and you suddenly start messing with their steering wheel from the passenger seat, you’re probably prepared for some unpredictable things happening. You probably don’t think you can direct the car to any particular specific new location. You just want to hurt ir misdirect the driver. You may even be prepared to get a little hurt yourself. But you may find that it’s worth it to hurt and misdirect the driver. That is probably the calculation of the Russians. They are probably calculating that the chaos and disunity in the west is worth a few extra sanctions.

Last edited:
Not really. The point of Russian intervention is to sow chaos, disunity, and discord- not just in the US domestically, but among all the Western allies. That is the purpose of their intervention in other European countries as well. When someone is driving, and you suddenly start messing with the steering wheel, you’re probably prepared for some unpredictable things happening. You may even be prepared to get a little hurt yourself. But you may find that it’s worth it to hurt and misdirect the driver. That is probably the calculation of the Russians. They are probably calculating that the chaos and disunity in the west is worth a few extra sanctions.

So far it does not look like Russian did much of anything disruptive and divisive to us, we did it too ourselves, and once you find yourself using the word probably as often as you do here you should take that as your clue that you are guessing. Given that you have not demonstrated that you guess well you best reconsider the whole idea of talking.

Poor Manafort. Caught lying what...three, four more times while claiming to be cooperating?
Feeding information to and working on Russian interests? Say it isn’t so. Why would he lie about those things? And why always lying about Russian dealings?

Lock him up..lock hi....oops Trumps camapain chairman is already locked up.

Not really. The ultimate motivation behind Russian intervention may just be to sow chaos, disunity, and discord- not just in the US domestically, but among all the Western allies and current international alliances. I don’t think they necessarily care much about putting pro-Russian leaders in power. They may be more interested in having incompetent and crazy people, or those who will play in latent fears and prejudices to fracture the countries from within. That is the purpose of their intervention in other European countries as well. When someone is driving, and you suddenly start messing with their steering wheel from the passenger seat, you’re probably prepared for some unpredictable things happening. You probably don’t think you can direct the car to any particular specific new location. You just want to hurt ir misdirect the driver. You may even be prepared to get a little hurt yourself. But you may find that it’s worth it to hurt and misdirect the driver. That is probably the calculation of the Russians. They are probably calculating that the chaos and disunity in the west is worth a few extra sanctions.

So you quoted me, said "not really," and then started talking about something else.

Are you disagreeing that Trump has not been tough on Russia? Are you disagreeing with facts?

So you quoted me, said "not really," and then started talking about something else.

Are you disagreeing that Trump has not been tough on Russia? Are you disagreeing with facts?

Yeah sure. I agree. Trump is acting tough in the Russians.

But do you agree that that may have been part of the overall strategic plan and calculation of the Russians when they intervened? They may not be as disappointed in the results as you seem to think.

Look, NATO is falling apart. Isn’t that worth a few small nominal sanctions?

Yeah sure. I agree. Trump is acting tough in the Russians.

But do you agree that that may have been part of the overall strategic plan and calculation of the Russians when they intervened? They may not be as disappointed in the results as you seem to think.

Look, NATO is falling apart. Isn’t that worth a few small nominal sanctions?

And not more than that ....sometimes.

But working with and for Oligarchs attempting to swallow the Ukraine economy whole as a means to recapture the country for Putin in a bloodless takeover is in part what makes Manafort a scumbag. Then you can add his shady bank dealings here and you have a SCUMBAG. Regardless of how this campaign mess works out which frankly does not look good for Paulie, he is still a SCUMBAG!

Take all of his political lobbying aside which is probably another decent place to explore since in the main he did it for foreign countries and you still have a SCUMBAG!

And Tony Podesta was knee deep in it, too. I haven't seen anyone on the Dem side calling him a scumbag.

Back
Top Bottom