• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manafort Could Totally Escape Jail With Trump Pardon

They of "lock her up" now rooting for admitted criminals to escape punishment.

Actually, lots of people like Arpaio. So while it might not have enhanced his image, it didn't hurt it either. The only people that didn't like Arpaio was those that support illegal immigrants being here illegally.

Well, no. I’m sure there are plenty of people who objected to his remanding prisoners in abjectly inhumane conditions, his department’s negligence regarding scores of child sex abuse cases, his birtherism fetish, his abuses of power, his misappropriation of funds, his civil rights violations, his violations of court orders, and his all-around dickhead personality.

So, you've got the trusty old But, Obama deflection and a conspiracy theory about Paul Manafort being framed. Do tell.

I don't think Manafort was framed. I never said that. In fact, I think he is guilty as hell and deserves everything he gets. He's a total scumbag who shouldn't be pardoned. You automatically just think that since I made this thread that I am defending him. I never have. This thread was info only to stimulate discussion regarding the SC case. A lefty could have made this very same thread and you would not have attacked them for it.

Actually, lots of people like Arpaio. So while it might not have enhanced his image, it didn't hurt it either. The only people that didn't like Arpaio was those that support illegal immigrants being here illegally.

Well that's a wonderfully hackish bit of assuming right there.

There are tons of reasons not to like Arapio that have nothing to do with "support[ing] illegal immigrants being here illegally", which you knew perfectly well when you posted that.

No. People that don'[t like cops who think THEY ARE THE LAW didn't Arpaio, and they threw him out of office. He ran for another office and lost, with Trump's backing.

Arpaio is a self-important jerk.

Well, no. I’m sure there are plenty of people who objected to his remanding prisoners in abjectly inhumane conditions, his department’s negligence regarding scores of child sex abuse cases, his birtherism fetish, his abuses of power, his misappropriation of funds, his civil rights violations, his violations of court orders, and his all-around dickhead personality.

Last I knew Arpaio was only convicted of contempt of court. Not any of those other things.

No. People that don'[t like cops who think THEY ARE THE LAW didn't Arpaio, and they threw him out of office. He ran for another office and lost, with Trump's backing.

Arpaio is a self-important jerk.

You do know Arpaio was sheriff for 24 years right? Must not have been disliked all that much.

What's your stance regarding illegal immigrants in the US again?

Irrelevant to the massive corruption that flourished under and because of Arpaio.

The man is filth.

And you think you can rationalize that away.

Last I knew Arpaio was only convicted of contempt of court. Not any of those other things.

So he wasn’t a birther? He wasn’t roundly criticized for piss-poor jail conditions or any of the other things I mentioned? Just because something isn’t adjudicated in a court of law doesn’t mean it’s imaginary.

You do know Arpaio was sheriff for 24 years right? Must not have been disliked all that much.

Yep, I actually met him once. 2011, I think.

His problem seemed to be that he let the notoriety go to his head - he was seen as taking the law into his own hands a bit too much, and the locals finally turned of him.

I'm not up on the details of Manafort but I find it hard to believe he doesn't have millions lying around somewhere, either in Switzerland or buried in his backyard. If he were to get pardoned I don't see him having to move in with Trump at the White House or living in a homeless shelter.

So... if trump pardoned Manafort, does this make Moderate Right happy or sad? Going by what you've said to other posters in here, a pardon would it would make you happy. Is this wrong?

So he wasn’t a birther? He wasn’t roundly criticized for piss-poor jail conditions or any of the other things I mentioned? Just because something isn’t adjudicated in a court of law doesn’t mean it’s imaginary.

It's the new standard the right expects of elected officials. "Is it illegal? Indictable? No? Then it's acceptable."

So... if trump pardoned Manafort, does this make Moderate Right happy or sad? Going by what you've said to other posters in here, a pardon would it would make you happy. Is this wrong?

Apparently you didn't read all of my posts. I clearly said that Manafort is a scumbag and should not be pardoned. How about just discussing instead of making this all about your progressive politics? There is more to life than just making everything anti-Trump.

Apparently you didn't read all of my posts. I clearly said that Manafort is a scumbag and should not be pardoned. How about just discussing instead of making this all about your progressive politics? There is more to life than just making everything anti-Trump.

I didn't say anything anti-trump. I simply asked your opinion. So... What's your problem?

It's the new standard the right expects of elected officials. "Is it illegal? Indictable? No? Then it's acceptable."

Is it illegal? Indictable? Can you avoid getting caught doing it? Yes? Then it's acceptable.

I could be wrong, but I think I might have fixed it for you.

LOL. Seriously? This is the politics of both sides and always has been. Don't you remember? Billy boy was actually impeached (not only for lying under oath but for obstruction of justice (regarding the sexual assault of a subordinate intern)) and yet the Democratic Senate voted that that was acceptable. They set the precedent.

Trump isn't going to pardon Manafort, Cohen, Stone, or anyone else involved in this investigation. Like Dems say, and I actually agree with (at least when it comes to image), Trump is all about himself and he's not going do anything that hurts that image.

Also, a pardon negates your 5th amendment right not to testify. If Manafort still won't come clean he will need more pardons for his contempt charges.

LOL. Seriously? This is the politics of both sides and always has been. Don't you remember? Billy boy was actually impeached (not only for lying under oath but for obstruction of justice (regarding the sexual assault of a subordinate intern)) and yet the Democratic Senate voted that that was acceptable. They set the precedent.

LOL! How utterly unsurprising that you'd lie about any sexual assault.

Is it illegal? Indictable? Can you avoid getting caught doing it? Yes? Then it's acceptable.

I could be wrong, but I think I might have fixed it for you.

LOL That is the story of Trump's whole life..

Irrelevant to the massive corruption that flourished under and because of Arpaio.

The man is filth.

And you think you can rationalize that away.

No one is rationalizing anything away. :shrug: Whether the man is filth is up to opinion. Which is subjective. Which is why Trump pardoning him did not damage his image. Because whether you like him or not, others DO like him.

And I asked what your stance was on illegal immigrants in the US because it pertains to you saying that only those that like him "hate the rule of law". If you believe that then your stance on illegal immigrants in the US is relevant to what you stated.

Some of the things that you mentioned are criminal acts. Criminal acts get prosecuted. Without that criminal prosecution then yes, it is imaginary. Innocent until proven guilty is our nations motto.

No one is rationalizing anything away. :shrug: Whether the man is filth is up to opinion. Which is subjective. Which is why Trump pardoning him did not damage his image. Because whether you like him or not, others DO like him.

And I asked what your stance was on illegal immigrants in the US because it pertains to you saying that only those that like him "hate the rule of law". If you believe that then your stance on illegal immigrants in the US is relevant to what you stated.

Nah, not really. He's a scofflaw and a criminal. That's simple, objective reality.

Trump pardoning him affected only Trump's image. Arpaio was already essentially ****.

Yep, I actually met him once. 2011, I think.

His problem seemed to be that he let the notoriety go to his head - he was seen as taking the law into his own hands a bit too much, and the locals finally turned of him.

Perhaps. I wouldn't know as I don't know the locals or why the majority voted for someone else. Tell me, when he was voted out, was it a slam dunk? Or were there people that voted for him?

Also, a pardon negates your 5th amendment right not to testify. If Manafort still won't come clean he will need more pardons for his contempt charges.

Correct, and is another reason why Trump will not pardon him. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom