• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man with armed security detail says, "I am opposed to self-defense."

You're judging by american standards there. Macron is trying for the law and order platform by pushing for more police and more money for police. He is running for election. Tell me you have never heard a politicians say something dumb during an election period?
I have heard a politician say something stupid daily for a lifetime.

It’s easy to tell other they don’t need to defend themselves when you’re surrounded by people protecting you.

Big differences between trained professionals protecting important people and every untrained schmuck running around armed and shooting people when they get angry because they are giant ******s. Nobody wants to kidnap, kill regular joes, but hey do politicians and famous people
Now there's the problem. "Trained professionals and important people". I'm trained but I'm not what you would call "important people" except to myself and family and they're very important... To me. And if I see some poor old down trodden schmuck getting jumped or about to I will help. Why? Not because I'm angry, it's because I'm not a "giant *****" and it's the right thing to do. Any ladies sorry for the language. HMMM got censured.

Now there's the problem. "Trained professionals and important people". I'm trained but I'm not what you would call "important people" except to myself and family and they're very important... To me. And if I see some poor old down trodden schmuck getting jumped or about to I will help. Why? Not because I'm angry, it's because I'm not a "giant *****" and it's the right thing to do. Any ladies sorry for the language. HMMM got censured.

Sure be the guardian angel of all those around you...

You're judging by american standards there. Macron is trying for the law and order platform by pushing for more police and more money for police. He is running for election. Tell me you have never heard a politicians say something dumb during an election period?
Oh I hear it all the time during elections and the ones saying real idiotic things usually hang themselves. It sounds like Macron opened his mouth and just blurted out the first thing that came to mind. Or he just wanted to lose.

Many folks have the ridiculous belief that guns equate to self defense when the educated know its very much the opposite.
Put Macron among the educated.
Didn't I hear somewhere that educated pigs can fly.

You apparently didn't understand my post. Did I say I was a guardian? No I said I would help someone, unlike you if you were armed and able to.

Guardian angels in NYC help people under attack....

Gun lovers would probably do it is they got a nice badge.

Guardian angels in NYC help people under attack....
I live very far away from NYC thank god.
Gun lovers would probably do it is they got a nice badge.
A lot of LEOs are "gun lovers", but really where do you get this information at?
I did however check out your Guardian angels in NYC, again where do you come up with this armed and badge shit.

Well that's it. I won't vote for Macron in 2024.

_______

At any rate, I have to wonder about mistranslation. From the context, it sounds like he's saying he doesn't want to see France became loaded to the gills with guns because of all the collateral not-at-all-self-defense uses people get up to in countries like America; and not that he is a pure pacifist and thinks it is wrong to offer any physical resistance to a violent attack.

Either way, it's a stupid pot-stirring thread and no more. A french president's opinions have nothing to do with gun control in America.
Your post as usual is moronic.

If people aren't killing each other in France right now they probably won't be if they have guns.

I don't know why you think guns are supernatural objects that possess the minds of the people who own them.

Big differences between trained professionals protecting important people and every untrained schmuck running around armed and shooting people when they get angry because they are giant ******s. Nobody wants to kidnap, kill regular joes, but hey do politicians and famous people

Training varies between civilians and guards. The main difference is getting paid for it versus self defence.
But that's how the elete and powerful can afford to do it. The powerful expect its peasant class not to defend itself, but rely on its enforcers to show up after the fact.

Sadly, many people would agree with him.
That's almost certainly a mistranslation.

I have heard a politician say something stupid daily for a lifetime.

It’s easy to tell other they don’t need to defend themselves when you’re surrounded by people protecting you.
On the other hand going the american route and arming the citizens would be just as stupid.

Oh I hear it all the time during elections and the ones saying real idiotic things usually hang themselves. It sounds like Macron opened his mouth and just blurted out the first thing that came to mind. Or he just wanted to lose.
It's going to be a tough election run for him after all there are eight likely candidates running for the job. Can you even name eight americans you would like to see run for president.

On the other hand going the american route and arming the citizens would be just as stupid.

Opinions vary

America is a violent place. I feel much safer with my pistol in my pocket.

You on the other hand seem to like the position of helpless victim.

There is a middle ground between anarchy and proclaiming people don’t have a right to self defense.

Opinions vary

America is a violent place. I feel much safer with my pistol in my pocket.

You on the other hand seem to like the position of helpless victim.
No I prefer the fact that I really do not need to give a crap about the idea of being mugged by some random nutjob. I do not need gun. But you enjoy the fear.

There is a middle ground between anarchy and proclaiming people don’t have a right to self defense.
I would say that macron's statement was a referral to self defense with guns. As opposed to self defense itself.
Taking macrons statement at its most simplest I have no doubt that what is not desired is the cowboy vigilantism of america in france.

No I prefer the fact that I really do not need to give a crap about the idea of being mugged by some random nutjob. I do not need gun. But you enjoy the fear.
where do you come up with this nonsense?

Who gives a ****? They are France. Let them eat their hypocrisy.

I would say that macron's statement was a referral to self defense with guns. As opposed to self defense itself.
Taking macrons statement at its most simplest I have no doubt that what is not desired is the cowboy vigilantism of america in france.
You can’t try and bring in common sense and general overall intelligent points into a good mud slinging political debate conversation. It’s politics Daddy O ever statement must be twisted, spun and manipulated. Taking a well thought out approach just ain’t going to fly. You and Macaroni love criminal..Blahblah….hate gun owner…Blahblah…want us to be victims…blah….sacrifice baby unicorns…end with…Merika **** Yeah Baby

He's saying that everyone must be safe, and at the same time saying he's opposed to self defense; it is impossible for anyone to be safe at all if they cannot defend themselves, so he has contradicted himself.

Originally I was wondering what his response would be if he were asked if he's also opposed to crime and victimizing people, then it dawned on me that politicians who are opposed to self defense don't need to be asked such a question, because we already know the answer! What I wonder, though, is whether anyone realizes that any politician who's opposed to self defense is also necessarily in favor of crime and victimizing people. This would make perfect sense for career politicians who want to fabricate a reason for their grip and increase on power & control for their own personal gain and advantage, just like with & including crony capitalism.

Back
Top Bottom