• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man with armed security detail says, "I am opposed to self-defense."

I live very far away from NYC thank god.

So do I
I don't understand why people choose to live there. Not on a permanent basis anyway.

A lot of LEOs are "gun lovers", but really where do you get this information at?
I did however check out your Guardian angels in NYC, again where do you come up with this armed and badge shit.

Why do you think anyone suggested NYC's Guardian Angels are armed or have badges ?
That the LEOs.

Sadly, many people would agree with him.
This is why I say pro-gun and pro-2nd amendment are not the same thing. The Queen of England, Nancy Pelosi, Diane Fineswine, Kim Jong-ill, Xi Jinping, Miguel Díaz-Canel, Joe Biden, Marcon all are pro-gun when it comes to having guns protecting their asses. While at the same time denying or trying (in case of anti-2nd amendment trash American politicians) to deny the average person the right to have a gun to defend themselves with.

This is why I say pro-gun and pro-2nd amendment are not the same thing. The Queen of England, Nancy Pelosi, Diane Fineswine, Kim Jong-ill, Xi Jinping, Miguel Díaz-Canel, Joe Biden, Marcon all are pro-gun when it comes to having guns protecting their asses. While at the same time denying or trying (in case of anti-2nd amendment trash American politicians) to deny the average person the right to have a gun to defend themselves with.

Good point.

No-one opposes the military and law enforcement having guns

It's the PRIVATE ownership of guns I want to see banned*

*Subject to exemptions previously discussed
What does that have to do with hypocritical politicians using guns for protection while telling the average person they can't use guns for protection?

I would hope that karma would come back and get people like this. Maybe when he or his are so affected they would now empathize with the farmer instead of running him over with the liberal political bus.

Truly sad. Even in this country we have anti gunners, who have hired security protection or live in super safe neighborhoods, telling us we don't need guns. Total hypocrisy when they themselves have armed security.

Big differences between trained professionals protecting important people and every untrained schmuck running around armed and shooting people when they get angry because they are giant ******s. Nobody wants to kidnap, kill regular joes, but hey do politicians and famous people
Tell that to the 21k dead Americans last year. Plenty kidnapped and murdered BTW........fail!

What's the difference from the paid professional and the average citizen who has the same training?

Why does the anti gun side almost always try to suggest that people who carry do so because we are weak or cowardly or as you said a *****?

Perhaps you are a trained fighter? Maybe you are a very large and powerful man capable of producing lots of damage. Don't know and don't care because either option is trumped by an 80 year old woman with a 38 special or a criminal with a gun or knife.

The included contrast between "important people" and "regular joes" is interesting too.

Whatever happened to the good ol' liberal notion of equality?
Equality is only for those who comply with the liberal agenda!!!

Funny how liberals always complain about the evil rich having it made and having favored statues because of their wealth yet when its about guns its OK.

The rich get great healthcare while the poor suffer. The rich eat well while the poor go hungry. The rich haver the finest electronics while the poor can't even afford a phone. The rich have "access" while the poor can't afford to buy that influence.

Now the rich folks lives get protected while the poor die and the liberals are OK with it. That's how bad they hate guns and gun owners.

@rickc
Your post is vulgar and ignorant.
His post was pointed and excellent. It took very few words for him to paint a horrible picture faced by many in this country. Being attacked by a violent criminal and not being able to stop it.

You refused to respond to it NOT because it was vulger but because you can't. He used the daughter example because the farmer was protecting his.

Well that's it. I won't vote for Macron in 2024.

Either way, it's a stupid pot-stirring thread and no more. A french president's opinions have nothing to do with gun control in America.
You know there are other countries in the world that are not America, right? I mean, I know you struggle with basic concepts fairly often but this one is like....reeeeaaaaallly basic.

His post was pointed and excellent. It took very few words for him to paint a horrible picture faced by many in this country. Being attacked by a violent criminal and not being able to stop it.

You refused to respond to it NOT because it was vulger but because you can't. He used the daughter example because the farmer was protecting his.

One in 300,000,000?
It is vulgar, dishonest and totally representative of deplorables.

Just curious, where do you find these weird sources?

Did you even look at that thing you cited?

You don't really think that is a legit news source do you?

I did respond to be respect the site but this is going too far

It's going to be a tough election run for him after all there are eight likely candidates running for the job. Can you even name eight americans you would like to see run for president.
Yes easily!

Opinions vary

America is a violent place. I feel much safer with my pistol in my pocket.

You on the other hand seem to like the position of helpless victim.
And that's fine aswell. If he wants to be a helpless victim it's quite OK. His life his choice.

The sad part is that he doesn't extend that same courtesy to us. Even though OUR guns have harmed no one.

Somehow some way in the twisted mind of the liberal, the criminal use of guns is projected to the law abiding gun owner. We are guilty for their crime even though we arm ourselves to protect against them. It's why I truly believe that liberalism is a mental disorder.

I would say that macron's statement was a referral to self defense with guns. As opposed to self defense itself.
Taking macrons statement at its most simplest I have no doubt that what is not desired is the cowboy vigilantism of america in france.
Cowboy vigilantism to defend yourself from attack using a gun lol. Sick twisted moronic statement and logic.

Perhaps you should start on your recovery by looking at the definition of vigilantism.

Just curious, where do you find these weird sources?

Did you even look at that thing you cited?

You don't really think that is a legit news source do you?
My guess would be Google.

I just googled the phrase macron opposes self defense and I found dozens of new sites. None of them are CNN or MSNBC but I doubt they would talk about that just because they don't talk about that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Being opposed to self-defense means that macron doesn't believe you have the right to life.

If anyone can take it from you and you aren't permitted to act instinctively you must sit there and let them kill you then you do not have the right to live.

One in 300,000,000?
It is vulgar, dishonest and totally representative of deplorables.
One in 300 million never matters to you till its your daughter.

Dishonest????300,000 women were raped in 2020! That's reported rapes as 60 percent go unreported.

Vulgar???? He didn't describe in vivid detail the act he simply said the word rape.

Tell you what is deplorable.......you fighting against my rights to prevent my wife from being raped. I don't have a daughter and my adult boys ain't gonna allow it while conscious. It's deplorable that you don't care because it's only a small number.

Finally it's deplorable that you don't have the courage to honestly answer a simple question. We all know why the question was ignored and vulgarity wasn't even mentioned.

I did respond to be respect the site but this is going too far
Don't understand this Biden like sentence!

Claiming a totally innocent and relevant post is vulgar to avoid the damage it caused to your position is not being respectful it's being cowardly.

What does that have to do with hypocritical politicians using guns for protection while telling the average person they can't use guns for protection?

Because the people doing the guarding of said politicians (hypocritical or not) are often members of law enforcement or the military.

My guess would be Google.

I just googled the phrase macron opposes self defense and I found dozens of new sites. None of them are CNN or MSNBC but I doubt they would talk about that just because they don't talk about that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Being opposed to self-defense means that macron doesn't believe you have the right to life.

If anyone can take it from you and you aren't permitted to act instinctively you must sit there and let them kill you then you do not have the right to live.
You are being manipulated.

You really should stick to legit news sources.

Back
Top Bottom