• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man who tried to rob Waffle House with an AK-47 is shot by customer

A more likely scenario is that there would have been no attempted robbery in the first place

Your right. There were no killings or robberies before guns.:lamo:lamo:lamo

My guess is that the citizen with the handgun had training, while the criminal just had a gun.

It could be also because the Waffle House is not a gun free zone and the people still have the right to protect themselves.

This does not look like rocket science,
slap-gun-appendix.png

You are dealing with the left. That is rocket science for a lot of them.:lamo

More important. Now I will need a background check to buy plumbing supplies to fix my customers pipes. Way to go.

My guess is that the citizen with the handgun had training, while the criminal just had a gun.

Who knows? However, even if what you assume is true, that's even further evidence against the current anti-gun rhetoric because they say that a "military style assault weapon" makes the bad guys able to outgun the cops... who are highly trained in the use of their sidearm.

A clearly unarmed gas station clerk defeats an armed robber:

Juuuust keeping the balance...

It doesn't take a gun, just the right amount of guts.

And a ****load of luck. I'd rather rely on the gun than luck. However, when I see a general statement such as, "The West wasn't Won with a Registered Gun," I think, "No, it was won by people with balls, a backbone, and a brain. Not a liberal in the bunch.

"British lawmaker Jo Cox died after being shot and stabbed in her constituency in Birstall, West Yorkshire. Dee Collins, the chief constable of West Yorkshire police, said that the Labour Party member was pronounced dead by a paramedic crew attending to her."

Thank goodness...no guns!

And a ****load of luck. I'd rather rely on the gun than luck. However, when I see a general statement such as, "The West wasn't Won with a Registered Gun," I think, "No, it was won by people with balls, a backbone, and a brain. Not a liberal in the bunch.

Not luck dude: watch the clerk very closely: he sizes up this guy and makes a gutsy decision and acts on it...

Point is, it doesn't take a gun to do the right thing, just the balls enough to do it.

Not luck dude: watch the clerk very closely: he sizes up this guy and makes a gutsy decision and acts on it...

Point is, it doesn't take a gun to do the right thing, just the balls enough to do it.

Point is, he's lucky he didn't get shot, dude.

I took a gun from a man with a hostage once and if I hadn't been lucky I'd have been shot. If he hadn't had a hostage I would have shot him.

And the right circumstances. Can you positively say that things would have been any different had the clerk shot him instead of risking his life to physically disarm him?

Point is, he's lucky he didn't get shot, dude.

I took a gun from a man with a hostage once and if I hadn't been lucky I'd have been shot. If he hadn't had a hostage I would have shot him.

No, point is, it doesn't take a gun to stop one.

And the right circumstances. Can you positively say that things would have been any different had the clerk shot him instead of risking his life to physically disarm him?

If the clerk would have shot him, that'd be tough luck for the robber. The point of the post however was - it does not take a gun to stop someone with a gun.

Is there something about that that you cannot accept?

If the clerk would have shot him, that'd be tough luck for the robber. The point of the post however was - it does not take a gun to stop someone with a gun.

Well in that case you don't need the guns you own.

Not at all. You prefer to ensure that only people who are physically capable of overpowering an assailant are the only ones who can do so and only at great risk to themselves. That is the part I have a hard time accepting.

Not at all. You prefer to ensure that only people who are physically capable of overpowering an assailant are the only ones who can do so and only at great risk to themselves. That is the part I have a hard time accepting.

Ya'know, I posted one a while back of a chubby little gal doing the same thing.

You're upset because it doesn't advance your "gotta have gun!!" circular argument.

Nope, I don't need them at all. I own them because I want to.

and yet you want the rest of America to live under the same idiotic gun laws you have in California. Need has NO relevance in a free society that has constitutional rights guaranteed.

Ya'know, I posted one a while back of a chubby little gal doing the same thing.

You're upset because it doesn't advance your "gotta have gun!!" circular argument.

anyone who has any clue about mayhem or street attacks is not going to be deterred by anything short of a gun unless you say are really good with a knife or (like me) you have a razor sharp Katana instantly available and at least a couple years of training with one. Nothing says stopping power like a Howard Clark hand forged Katana contacting the bridge of a robber's nose with a full swing

Waffle Houses get robbed quite frequently. I see the laughing and joking about getting $16 and some waffles but that is a comment born of ignorance. It is from someone who does not visit Waffle House or if they do are completely unobservant. Waffle House does thousands of dollars worth of business on a shift. Yes, they "drop" the money, but the manager or shift leader on duty has access to it. The sales associates (that's what the waitresses are called) are required to cash out at the end of shift. In addition, on a good night the sales associates will have a significant amount of money collected in tips.

Another reason to stay out of any Waffle House...a bunch of Bubbas and Jim Bobs armed with guns ready to rambo whenever any robbery situation presents itself.

Back
Top Bottom