• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man who tried to rob Waffle House with an AK-47 is shot by customer

you are not being truthful-as usual. When someone is killed, that is always recorded. what is not recorded are the millions of times the mere presence of a gun has caused a mope to retreat.

Perhaps I should have used the word 'filmed' rather than 'recorded' for the more wilfully obtuse here :roll:

Actually it was. According to surveys done there are at least 500-600k cases were a gun is used in self defense.
Of that about 250-300k a shot was fired. So about 50% of the time no shot is fired.

That was like in 1 year.

The figure from some 23 surveys varies from 100,000 (question not asked) to 3 million (survey problems examined and corrected)

See Kleck and Gertz

"Armed Resistance to Crime: The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense with a Gun", Kleck, Gary and Gertz, Marc
J. of Criminal Law and Criminology, v.86, n.1, pp.150-187 (1995)

It matters not if a shot was fired. The gun served to prevent the crime or stopped the crime.

Perhaps I should have used the word 'filmed' rather than 'recorded' for the more wilfully obtuse here :roll:

The more deceitful here make false claims they refuse to produce evidence for.

Guns saved 3 million in the USA, how many crimes did guns prevent in the UK. You sure could do with some help there.

The asylum being run by the inmates.

Police chiefs struggling to recruit armed officers over conviction fears

Too few officers are willing to carry a gun to tackle a Paris-style attack through concerns they will be treated as criminal suspects

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...gling-recruit-armed-officers-conviction-fears

Glad you like it, I am hardly extreme. you haven't seen close to extreme. and your hilarious hyperbolic nonsense is a gut buster. No one worships guns, but I do denigrate dishonest and stupid arguments.

In truth these apostles of the merchants of death and animators of metal deserve no less. As zealots blind to the rabid ideology they spew in particular when frightened letting their fears run wild should be incarcerated as public enemies. Instead the vampires they are suck the lifeblood from society and replace it with their poison abusing the right to free speech.

They drain the funding resources and manpower that should be fighting crime. When it fails as it has to they say look we told you so, you need more funding, more resources, more manpower.... And there are complete fools who believe them.

The figure from some 23 surveys varies from 100,000 (question not asked) to 3 million (survey problems examined and corrected)

See Kleck and Gertz

"Armed Resistance to Crime: The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense with a Gun", Kleck, Gary and Gertz, Marc
J. of Criminal Law and Criminology, v.86, n.1, pp.150-187 (1995)

It matters not if a shot was fired. The gun served to prevent the crime or stopped the crime.

You can also see the study that the CDC did a few years back on the same thing and confirmed the kleck and gertz study.

that's really stupid. Most cases of self defense with firearms are never officially documented, every killing is

Sadly the vastly greater number of domestic killings in the home between family members or partners do not get recorded

How many of those people had criminals record prior to the incident? Did you know it is illegal for someone convicted of abuse to own a gun?

Sent from my grapefruit using smoke signals.

Are you volunteering to come overheard and disarm the people who won't do so willingly?

Sent from my grapefruit using smoke signals.

Sadly the vastly greater number of domestic killings in the home between family members or partners do not get recorded

WTF do you mean not recorded? You mean the bodies just disappear and all who know them get amnesia.

You are really flying today.

Wars are where guns like I once used belong. They have no place in civilian life whatsoever

What's the difference? Both are ultimately defending yourself. The reasons may be different.

Time to get realistic here. How often is this scenario likely to play out then ?

On the flipside how often does a jealous or spiteful spouse shoot their partner dead in the home for every time this happens ?

Have you not on numerous occasions been referred to the research of Keck and Gertz and 22 other surveys that tell you the facts?

Back
Top Bottom