• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

M. Bachman

do you think this lady is playing with a full deck??

Why do liberals obsess over this woman? I NEVER hear about her in the news, yet there she is...pushed front & center to the liberal hatred list.

George Bush is feeling lonely, and unloved.

Till her flippin crazinss leaked out...Course that wasnt the problem, according to the Republicans, at the time, is was the liberal press's hatred of beautiful Republican women.
I think Bachmann is a major spokesharpy of the tea party movement. Didn't she run for your party's nominee for president? How soon conservatives forget!

wow that's deep boss... the libs don't hate pretty women ,,,we just don't care for wacky ones... and men are men we like all pretty women so don't go there...the wacky ones are good for things to that I wont mention... gotta keep it clean boss

Continuing to repeat it doesn't make it true.

It's funny how conservatives can't defend Bachmann, so they turn the thread into idiotic and untrue insults about a Senator from the same state. Typical GOP deflection.

What's more idiotic is how someone could come to the conclusion that what I said was some sort of defense of Bachman.

Since you seem to be such a high judge of successful comedian tell me the charachter or the comedy album or the live performance that makes you say Franken was a successful comedian.

I don't care what she looks like ...I did not say anything about her appearance... boss... I was talking about her mental status.... by the way us liberal men want equal pay for women and want them to have complete control of their body..not conservative old men making laws telling them what they must do with it......so I really don't know what you are talking about

Nobody ever really knows what he is talking about. He just parrots what he hears on Sewer Radio. Its what they all do.

Didnt she once say she was a kindred spirit with Gacy the murderer?

No. She was praising some town about how it was home to John Wayne. She didn't read the full story where it wasn't the actor John Wayne but John Wayne Gacy.

The Liberal male enthusiasm for attacking attractive women seems strange to me. Those Liberal males seem effeminate and catty, like 13 year old middle school girls. We saw it with Sarah Palin. What a babe, yet Liberal men literally were frothing at the mouth with rage and hatred just hearing her name or looking at her picture. Yes, we all know that the word "Woman" is now inclusive of Liberal men, but it still seems strange, not really a gender reversal, but more an unnatural female inclusion with the resultant subordination of masculinity into femininity. Worst of all, they seem to enjoy their femininity. Who can explain such a historically incredible biological/sociological abomination.

Are you really going to play this overly childish "liberals are gay" card?

The irony is that this post of yours sounds an awful lot like you are admitting that you vote with your dick... and being that the GOP is by far male, well then your dick is doing some definite male overtime.

Last edited:
I don't mean to offend any "conservative" sensibilities here, but Bachmann brings absolutely nothing to the table. I am speaking as someone VERY sympathetic to the (original version of) tea party movement, and even VERY willing to overlook minor (and medium-sized) differences between the libertarian core and the "conservative" fellow travelers.

But only to a point.

Michelle Bachmann has been a career politician for quite awhile now. And seemed to be perfectly happy in her well-rehearsed role of the irresponsible, free-spending, statist "big government", ("militarist" goes without saying) typical "establishment Republican".

Why would ANYONE (friend or foe) take her seriously as a "tea party leader" - never mind that by their very nature tea parties cannot have any "leaders" above the county level?

Even after she repeatedly drags in the decidedly non-tea-party issues like the authoritarian "social conservative" concerns or the anti-immigration psychosis?

I don't mean to offend any "conservative" sensibilities here, but Bachmann brings absolutely nothing to the table. I am speaking as someone VERY sympathetic to the (original version of) tea party movement, and even VERY willing to overlook minor (and medium-sized) differences between the libertarian core and the "conservative" fellow travelers.

In a 512-person DC debate-off, I have McCain seeded #32 and Bachman at #481.
They are on the opposite side of the Syrian rebel military aid DEBATE, with Bachmann saying Obama is giving military aid to al Qaeda and McCain wanting more and earlier.

In a 512-person DC debate-off, I have McCain seeded #32 and Bachman at #481.
They are on the opposite side of the Syrian rebel military aid DEBATE, with Bachmann saying Obama is giving military aid to al Qaeda and McCain wanting more and earlier.

McCain is convinced that he knows everything there's to know about the situation in Syria. So is Bachmann, in the opposite fashion. Both are full of it.
Both are acting as would be expected of delusional statists who imagine that they have a firm grip on fluid, chaotic situations - on the other side of the globe, no less.

As for economics, you don't hear either of their names mentioned, except McCain lamenting and Bachmann two-talking.
Not noticing policy or real talks with Cruz, but Repubs are saying other things to him..
The Koch letter has the GOP shaking..
Treasury Bills doubling in interest overnight wipe out any gain so far from an agreement.
McCain is convinced that he knows everything there's to know about the situation in Syria. So is Bachmann, in the opposite fashion. Both are full of it.
Both are acting as would be expected of delusional statists who imagine that they have a firm grip on fluid, chaotic situations - on the other side of the globe, no less.

American conservatives are now trying to aid Putin in taking away the children from Soviet GLBT couples.
Are you really going to play this overly childish "liberals are gay" card?

The irony is that this post of yours sounds an awful lot like you are admitting that you vote with your dick... and being that the GOP is by far male, well then your dick is doing some definite male overtime.

I haven't forgotten about Yellen..It will be a tough grill for her, as it is for all Obama appointees..Cornyn and Corker already have reservations..She will be like a Bernanke, but has a recognized list of economic predictions higher than any right now..Politico is my go-to for quick reads..I'm behind tonight..Politico comments would torture our mods.
Yes, the world is playing bridge and she has a dora the explorer deck of go fish cards.

Didnt she once say she was a kindred spirit with Gacy the murderer?

No. This is what she said.

"Well what I want them to know is just like John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That's the kind of spirit that I have, too,"

She was referring to John Wayne the movie star, which was from Iowa, but about three hours away from Waterloo. John Wayne Gacy however was from her home town Waterloo, Iowa.

What's more idiotic is how someone could come to the conclusion that what I said was some sort of defense of Bachman.

Since you seem to be such a high judge of successful comedian tell me the charachter or the comedy album or the live performance that makes you say Franken was a successful comedian.

15 years of being a writer on Saturday Night ****ing Live.

No. This is what she said.

She was referring to John Wayne the movie star, which was from Iowa, but about three hours away from Waterloo. John Wayne Gacy however was from her home town Waterloo, Iowa.

I was actually going to correct that one, but I got sidetracked.

If any Republican takes Michele Bachmann seriously as a politician, you can pretty much ignore them.

Just like if any Democrat takes Dianne Feinstein seriously, you can pretty much ignore them.

Probably one of the best hit jobs of all time

MICHELE-BACHMANN-NEWSWEEK.jpg

:lamo

15 years of being a writer on Saturday Night ****ing Live.

Plenty of people write songs but aren't successful singers. Why comedy role did he play, what makes him a comedian? I think you are confusing yourself in your haste to condemn conservatives.

Plenty of people write songs but aren't successful singers. Why comedy role did he play, what makes him a comedian? I think you are confusing yourself in your haste to condemn conservatives.

Seriously? You're the guy calling Al Franken a "failed comedian." Not all comedians are performers, although his Stuart Smalley routines on SNL were pretty funny. I'm not the one confusing myself.

99% of professional comedians would KILL to have Al Franken's career.

Seriously? You're the guy calling Al Franken a "failed comedian." Not all comedians are performers, although his Stuart Smalley routines on SNL were pretty funny. I'm not the one confusing myself.

99% of professional comedians would KILL to have Al Franken's career.

By definition a professional comedian is a performer.

Anything to back up your ridiculous claim that 99% of professional comedians would like to not have been a performer in front of audiences?

A writer of comedy is a comedian and I believe he got paid for it. Therefore he is or was a professional comedian.

Anything to back up your ridiculous claim that 99% of professional comedians would like to not have been a performer in front of audiences?

No it's not. Comedy writers aren't comedians? BTW, Al Franken was a performer. He appeared on SNL 93 times, which is 93 times more than you did.

Back
Top Bottom