• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lucky Charms is Child Abuse

Come to my place of employment. Over half of my customers are in such financial peril that they have to decide whether to pay for a refrigerator that they can't afford, or gas to get to their part time job. You have no idea how it is where I live, I do. Come here, and you'll see the proof everywhere.
Right wingers have no idea what happens outside their little bubble, and they have no empathy. And they have the nerve to claim they are morally superior. They are shitty people, period, no matter how you spin it.

Last edited:
And yet, I also barely hear anything about exercise. Someone who eats 2500 calories and does not exercise will probably weigh more than someone who eats 3000 calories and exercises regularly.
The problem is the data do not show that exercise for most people is effective for weight loss. Just for example, we've been exercising 4 mornings a week, plus cycling and hiking other days, for at least 15 years, and I still gained 50 pounds (that I recently lost with no change in exercise). It's because I let my diet get out of hand, too much snacking at night, etc.

So exercise is awesome for general health and many other reasons, and can make a difference on the margins for weight loss, but the 90% at least solution/problem is diet.

You just made that all up. It's a list of obstacles that resides in your imagination.
That's not true. We recently cleaned up our diet and our food expenses went WAY up. You can get 1000 calories with a frozen pizza for $5. Try doing that with meat and a plate of vegetables, or fruit, or salad. The cheapest food per calorie is always going to be refined, processed garbage food loaded with wheat and/or corn, with crap 'vegetable oils', or fast food.

Plus there's the time factor. If you cook at home, which is by far the healthiest option because you control all the ingredients, it takes at least an hour, generally 90 minutes, to prepare, cook, eat, clean. That's hard on many and especially single parents, the poor, etc.

The problem is the data do not show that exercise for most people is effective for weight loss. Just for example, we've been exercising 4 mornings a week, plus cycling and hiking other days, for at least 15 years, and I still gained 50 pounds (that I recently lost with no change in exercise). It's because I let my diet get out of hand, too much snacking at night, etc.

So exercise is awesome for general health and many other reasons, and can make a difference on the margins for weight loss, but the 90% at least solution/problem is diet.
Yes of course if your exercise level is maintaining your weight and then you increase your caloric intake without increasing your exercise amount you will gain weight.

Your own personal story reinforces the importance of exercise. No one ever said that as long as you do some set amount of exercise that you can eat what ever you want. That’s not how that works.

Back
Top Bottom