• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lower the voting age in America to 16

Agree or Disagree?

• Total voters
For every Greta Thunberg, there is a thousand Tic Toc addicted, unawares, who haven't had to work outside the home & many who don't even make their own bed.
For every Slyfox, there's a thousand Facebook keyboard warriors convinced Obama is getting arrested and hung next week for crimes against our country.
Another 2 years seasoning will more prepare them to vote.
But it doesn't. We've already agreed on that.
One election cycle. Most will have graduated HS & either joined the workforce or went on to higher education.
If for some reason the teenybopper vote was passed, we'll live with it, I just think those two years seasoning are needed for most kids.
And I think they are plenty "seasoned" and are as competent as a significant percentage of people who are already allowed to vote.

Not sure I'd trust 16 year old me to make a good choice at the polls.

But I have a suspicion that newer generations are smarter than the older ones.
Perhaps, but almost never wiser, which is just as important if not more so.

Get out of my century.
Sorry, climate scare and gender bending just aren't sustainable. The left's going to have to pitch their rainbow tents someplace else. ;)

Which A) says a lot about Republicans

Not really, but if it did, all it would say is that they don't pander to people with their hands out for short term gain.

Yes. But the difference is that mine cleaves pretty one to one with that of the rest of the world while yours is exclusively that of consumers of American conservative media.
Yours cleaves to a radically charged hive mind. The rest of the world just wants to live its life without left-wing interference.

@Ren admitting^ he wants to restrict 1A rights to certain Americans, which, of course, is the epitome of Anti-Americanism.
The Homosexual Agenda is a self-centered set of beliefs and objectives designed to mandate approval of homosexuality and its ideology. The goals and means of this movement include indoctrinating students in public school, restricting the free speech of opposition, obtaining special treatment for homosexuals, distorting Biblical teaching and science, and interfering with freedom of association. Advocates of the homosexual agenda seek special rights for homosexuals and self-described "LGBTQ people" that other people don't have, such as immunity from criticism (see hate speech, hate crimes).[1] The homosexual agenda is the biggest threat to the rights of free speech and religious freedom today.[2][3][4]

One of the top priorities of the Homosexual Agenda is to prohibit and outlaw conversion therapy. Activities like baseball and chess reduce homosexual proclivities, while other activities like figure skating for men and soccer for women seem to encourage homosexuality. Leftists are pushing unconstitutional bans on conversion therapy, apparently unable to tolerate things they dislike. Their priorities include electing high-ranking officials who are openly homosexual, with the ultimate goal of electing a president who is in a same-sex marriage, like the top Dem fundraising candidate Pete Buttigieg in 2020.

The Homosexual Agenda is a self-centered set of beliefs and objectives designed to mandate approval of homosexuality and its ideology. The goals and means of this movement include indoctrinating students in public school, restricting the free speech of opposition, obtaining special treatment for homosexuals, distorting Biblical teaching and science, and interfering with freedom of association. Advocates of the homosexual agenda seek special rights for homosexuals and self-described "LGBTQ people" that other people don't have, such as immunity from criticism (see hate speech, hate crimes).[1] The homosexual agenda is the biggest threat to the rights of free speech and religious freedom today.[2][3][4]

One of the top priorities of the Homosexual Agenda is to prohibit and outlaw conversion therapy. Activities like baseball and chess reduce homosexual proclivities, while other activities like figure skating for men and soccer for women seem to encourage homosexuality. Leftists are pushing unconstitutional bans on conversion therapy, apparently unable to tolerate things they dislike. Their priorities include electing high-ranking officials who are openly homosexual, with the ultimate goal of electing a president who is in a same-sex marriage, like the top Dem fundraising candidate Pete Buttigieg in 2020.

@Ren reaffirming^ yet again he desires to commit the ultra non-American act of depriving 1A Amendment rights to homosexuals, who have every bit as much right to speak their minds as he does. Also tosses in a non-relevant 'conversion therapy' link that is designed to promote bigotry and hatred against homosexuals.

@Ren reaffirming^ yet again he desires to commit the ultra non-American act of stripping 1A Amendment rights to homosexuals, who have every bit as much right to speak their minds as he does. Also tosses in a non-relevant 'conversion therapy' link that is designed to promote bigotry and hatred against homosexuals.
More truth for unwashed leftists. ;)

In a speech on December 10, 2013, to a pro-family rally in Jamaica, a country that rejects same-sex "marriage", Brian Camenker of MassResistance outlined the step-by-step approach of the homosexual agenda:[5]

• Legalize homosexuality
  • Hold "gay pride" parades
  • Accept child sex trafficking
  • Demand non-discrimination laws
  • Insist on homosexuals' adoption of children
  • Push the homosexual agenda in schools[6]
  • Legalize various alternate forms of partnership and call them "marriage" (i.e. man and man, woman and woman, man and multiple women)
  • Demand public funding to deal with increased homosexual-related social problems
  • Promote the gender confusion agenda
  • Demand to be treated "equally"
  • Impose a large-scale loss of free speech
  • Ban counseling for kids confused by homosexual issues
  • Drag queen story times to indoctrinate children
  • Ban scientifically and religiously proven methods of homosexual conversion
  • Attack churches
  • Encourage abortion

More truth. ;)

In a speech on December 10, 2013, to a pro-family rally in Jamaica, a country that rejects same-sex "marriage", Brian Camenker of MassResistance outlined the step-by-step approach of the homosexual agenda:[5]

• Legalize homosexuality
  • Hold "gay pride" parades
  • Accept child sex trafficking
  • Demand non-discrimination laws
  • Insist on homosexuals' adoption of children
  • Push the homosexual agenda in schools[6]
  • Legalize various alternate forms of partnership and call them "marriage" (i.e. man and man, woman and woman, man and multiple women)
  • Demand public funding to deal with increased homosexual-related social problems
  • Promote the gender confusion agenda
  • Demand to be treated "equally"
  • Impose a large-scale loss of free speech
  • Ban counseling for kids confused by homosexual issues
  • Drag queen story times to indoctrinate children
  • Ban scientifically and religiously proven methods of homosexual conversion
  • Attack churches
  • Encourage abortion
Strawman nonsense c&p forum spamming^ due to inability to make a coherent debating argument in one's own words.

Liberals won’t allow 18-year-olds to own a gun even though they can have families to defend and join the Marines, but they want their children marching in lockstep with them from the latest pro-abortion or save the planet protest to the voting booth? **** that.

Strawman nonsense c&p forum spamming^ due to inability to make a coherent debating argument in one's own words.
Most leftists don't understand that they've been brainwashed, but I do understand that they've been brainwashed. It's why I am here to educate them. ;)

More from Conservapedia:

Russia is a leader in rejecting the homosexual agenda.[7][8][9] For example, Russia banned adoption by Americans as the Obama Administration aggressively pushed the homosexual agenda, and in June 2013 a house in the Russian parliament passed legislation to ban foreign adoption by gay couples or single parents who live in any gay marriage nation.[10]

Barack Hussein Obama, Hillary Clinton, and essentially all Democrat politicians now advocate the homosexual agenda, reflecting the growing financial power of the homosexual network. Obama's self-centered obsession with his own re-election, and fundraising for his campaign, has caused him to create a national political issue out of this, rather than deal with other issues like the economy. Many establishment Republicans and Cafeteria Christians also have bought into the homosexual agenda.

Among all the liberal belief systems, the homosexual ideology is the most self-centered or selfish – unlike the vast charity performed by thousands of churches in the U.S. alone, a homosexual charity can be considered an oxymoron.

The late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia referred to the "so-called homosexual agenda" in Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003) (dissenting opinion). Justice Scalia also predicted that this was the first step to legalizing homosexual civil unions. He was proven right with the outcome of Obergefell v. Hodges. The goal of the latter decision was the societal affirmation of homosexuality rather than simple equality.[11]

Despite the fact that only 4.1% of the U.S. population identified as LGBT, just over half a percentage point higher than four years prior,[12] Americans greatly overestimate the proportion of homosexuals in the nation to be an average of 23%.[13] Interestingly, Republicans and conservatives gave estimates closest to the actual number.
[13]

If that is your objection, then the same applies to most Trump voters.
Yes, but I elaborated in another post. My complete argument is that no new voting block will make any difference until corporate money is 100% banned from politics.

Most leftists don't understand that they've been brainwashed, but I do understand that they've been brainwashed. It's why I am here to educate them. ;)

More from Conservapedia:

Russia is a leader in rejecting the homosexual agenda.[7][8][9] For example, Russia banned adoption by Americans as the Obama Administration aggressively pushed the homosexual agenda, and in June 2013 a house in the Russian parliament passed legislation to ban foreign adoption by gay couples or single parents who live in any gay marriage nation.[10]

Barack Hussein Obama, Hillary Clinton, and essentially all Democrat politicians now advocate the homosexual agenda, reflecting the growing financial power of the homosexual network. Obama's self-centered obsession with his own re-election, and fundraising for his campaign, has caused him to create a national political issue out of this, rather than deal with other issues like the economy. Many establishment Republicans and Cafeteria Christians also have bought into the homosexual agenda.

Among all the liberal belief systems, the homosexual ideology is the most self-centered or selfish – unlike the vast charity performed by thousands of churches in the U.S. alone, a homosexual charity can be considered an oxymoron.

The late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia referred to the "so-called homosexual agenda" in Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003) (dissenting opinion). Justice Scalia also predicted that this was the first step to legalizing homosexual civil unions. He was proven right with the outcome of Obergefell v. Hodges. The goal of the latter decision was the societal affirmation of homosexuality rather than simple equality.[11]

Despite the fact that only 4.1% of the U.S. population identified as LGBT, just over half a percentage point higher than four years prior,[12] Americans greatly overestimate the proportion of homosexuals in the nation to be an average of 23%.[13] Interestingly, Republicans and conservatives gave estimates closest to the actual number.
[13]

@Ren continues with the intentional, deliberate forum spamming/thread derailment with irrelevant links about homosexuality, which has nothing to do with the thread topic, which is "lowering the voting age in America to 16."

More details for the unwashed leftist masses. ;)

Joseph P. Gudel, in That Which is Unnatural[14] contended that the homosexual movement,

has been militantly demanding not just the homosexuals' right to do whatever they wish to do behind closed doors, but, more importantly, that society fully accept their lifestyle as both healthy and normal, even demanding special rights and legislation as an "oppressed minority." Gudel quotes various sources evidencing this.
I take a shower every day. I love showers and baths. I also love to swim. And kayak.

I take a shower every day. I love showers and baths. I also love to swim. And kayak.
Then you'll love showers of truth.

Stick around; you'll learn something while you're being washed. ;)

Then you'll love showers of truth.

Stick around; you'll learn something while you're being washed. ;)
Wow. Did you hurt yourself twisting that far?

Yes. Increased suffrage is a good thing.

Not always. One of the things the Soviets always bragged about was their 100% voter turnout, and our nation and political system were created by men educated in things like history and political philosophy. I don’t think playing with G.I. Joes or learning how to be a TikTok influencer would have properly prepared them for that.

Me, too, other than the kayaking part. And I like partying with gay people. They’re fun, and know what beer is.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for letting one vote and not another.

In other words, you don't have valid arguments and your "voting is a contract" nonsense went nowhere and you know it. Got it.

Which A) says a lot about Republicans and B) shows your interest in keeping them from voting is entirely partisan based. Which means your position is 100% hypocritical.

No, Republican policies being worse overall are definitely not just related to the fact young people are less likely to support them. There are many reasons on their own why Republican policies are worse overall.

But they already get to vote. So....

But you're not doing that. You're dismissing their ability to vote because you think it will cost you political power. Which is why your position is hypocritical.

But are unwilling to support your submission.

You don't think increasing democracy is a good argument? No wonder you vote Republican!

I couldn't care less which party supports it...it should be done whether Republicans or Democrats support it.
Your opinions are the ones that are not valid. You didn't even argue any points you just blanket deny everything and call it rebutted, its intellectually lazy as hell.

She was voted out because the R's canceled her. Not for her vote, she voted 98% party line. But because she showed some integrity, telling the truth about the election & the Insurrection. There are few if any R's that could match her conservatives voting record.
D's may take canceling a person for misdeeds to extremes, but they had to do something against party beliefs. Liz Cheney is the last of the true conservative Republicans & MAGA did the canceling.
We are talking about politicians here. They really don't get cancelled, they know what actions will get them voted out of office. Arguing she was cancelled is just phony as hell. She lives and dies by approval rating and she knows it.

Back
Top Bottom