• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Looks like Ketanji Brown Jackson to be Biden's SCOTUS pick

Interesting that he didn't choose Clyburn's pick.

There are two kinds of Supreme court picks: liberal or conservative. The ones you agree with politically are always qualified and the ones you disagree with seldom are. Its really just that simple.

That's not true. Clarence Thomas only had one year bench experience before being selected, and it shows in his horrible votes, always being on the wrong side

I agree. Biden’s pick is only valid if he has personally gone over the resumes of all 328,000,000 Americans.
I wonder who's more pissed about this, racists, misogynists, Christian loons or gun nutters? Perhaps all. :p I congratulate her, fine pick by President Biden. (y)

Get ready for the Attacks:

Lindsey Graham@: "If media reports are accurate, and Judge Jackson has been chosen as the Supreme Court nominee to replace Justice Breyer, it means the radical Left has won President Biden over yet again.

The attacks by the Left on Judge Childs from South Carolina apparently worked.9:33 AM · Feb 25, 2022"

Graham voted to confirm her as a district judge.

More information about Ketanji Brown Jackson...

ap21165602168724-d8df7fed64d455370afc2e9d0173d8f4fb649cfe-s1200-c85.webp

Get ready for the Attacks:

Lindsey Graham@: "If media reports are accurate, and Judge Jackson has been chosen as the Supreme Court nominee to replace Justice Breyer, it means the radical Left has won President Biden over yet again.

The attacks by the Left on Judge Childs from South Carolina apparently worked.9:33 AM · Feb 25, 2022"

Graham voted to confirm her as a district judge.
Stupid Lindsey. I also supported Childs and agreed with him on this. What a moron.

I wish her luck. I congratulate people, at least in public. Smh Lindsey. You could f up a wet dream.

I'm guessing Jim Clyburn's response will be quite different.

That's not true. Clarence Thomas only had one year bench experience before being selected, and it shows in his horrible votes, always being on the wrong side

Today's conservatives don't consider him eminently qualified?

(Continued)

LMAO.... Not so much in favor of justices determining if the they a conflict of interest now?

one of the most deleterious impacts of affirmative racial discrimination is when it is as blatant as it is now, this justice will always have many fair minded people wondering if her credentials were really earned and of course, her selection was based first on race/gender as well

George Mitchell told White House Attorneys Keisler and Liberman (Otis) that if the GOP did NOT pick a BLACK to replace Thurgood Marshall, the Democrats would BORK the nominee.

I'd just like to say how glad I am that only 6% of the country was looked at for this job!
Biden told us 2 years ago he would pick a qualified African American woman. He's done nothing wrong and fulfilled one of his campaigns promises. Why is this so hard for conservatives to grasp. Are you not satisfied with McConnell's two stolen seats and Trump's beer drinking sexual pervert?

Jackson is likely more qualified than anyone currently on the bench.

one of the most deleterious impacts of affirmative racial discrimination is when it is as blatant as it is now, this justice will always have many fair minded people wondering if her credentials were really earned and of course, her selection was based first on race/gender as well
Versus people getting into college because their father went there and donated money....

Versus people getting into college because their father went there and donated money....
Your envy seems really palpable in your pathetic effort to insult me, sadly it doesnt' work because I also was accepted into even more selective institutions where I had no connections. Affirmative action stains the accomplishments of blacks who didn't need it, and calls into question the credentials of those who may well have benefitted.

Biden told us 2 years ago he would pick a qualified African American woman. He's done nothing wrong and fulfilled one of his campaigns promises. Why is this so hard for conservatives to grasp. Are you not satisfied with McConnell's two stolen seats and Trump's beer drinking sexual pervert?

Jackson is likely more qualified than anyone currently on the bench.
TWO STOLEN SEATS? stolen from who? this seems like CT insanity to me. Do you claim that limiting the selection to black females DID NOT cut out BETTER QUALIFIED candidates?

I'd just like to say how glad I am that only 6% of the country was looked at for this job!

Jackson was recently confirmed as a district judge, a pool even smaller than 6% of the country.

This being the case, she has already been vetted and thus, her confirmation should be as speedy as ACB's, if not quicker.

Your envy seems really palpable in your pathetic effort to insult me, sadly it doesnt' work because I also was accepted into even more selective institutions where I had no connections. Affirmative action stains the accomplishments of blacks who didn't need it, and calls into question the credentials of those who may well have benefitted.
Not envy, I got a good education and a good job. But to decry affirmative action while ignoring that legacy admissions occur is just hypocrisy.

Jackson was recently confirmed as a district judge, a pool even smaller than 6% of the country.

This being the case, she has already been vetted and thus, her confirmation should be as speedy as ACB's, if not quicker.
That was a good move politically for Biden to do that, even if the Californian SCT justice seemed to be better qualified. This lady did have a recent examination.

Not envy, I got a good education and a good job. But to decry affirmative action while ignoring that legacy admissions occur is just hypocrisy.
except where you fail (constantly) is that Legacy admissions tend to be much more qualified, in terms of objective factors, than affirmative action picks. That is not even in dispute. Smart educated people who got into schools like Princeton and Harvard, are far more likely to have children who are high achievers than people whose parents did not have such credentials

TWO STOLEN SEATS? stolen from who? this seems like CT insanity to me. Do you claim that limiting the selection to black females DID NOT cut out BETTER QUALIFIED candidates?
You know exactly what I mean about McConnell. I refuse to go into detail about something we've all known and understood for years. As for your second claim, Biden is the president. He gets to pick who he wants. Live with it.

There's no wondering about it. It was a campaign promise. That means he was elected to do it, which means most people don't see this as racial discrimination, as you do. Yes, many people will think that. Doesn't change anything.

except where you fail (constantly) is that Legacy admissions tend to be much more qualified, in terms of objective factors, than affirmative action picks. That is not even in dispute. Smart educated people who got into schools like Princeton and Harvard, are far more likely to have children who are high achievers than people whose parents did not have such credentials
The rich just take care of their own and tell everyone to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.....same old hypocrisy.

Biden did NOT make this pick, his progressive handlers made this pick. Selecting the Black woman who is the outspoken judicial activist and not the one who was an easy confirmation with many Republicans is about picking a fight in the evenly divided Senate, making the nomination process contentious, maybe even derailing it, and then using that fight to blame the Republicans just before the mid-terms.

Progressive liberals are ALL about identity politics and dividing, never about unifying.

Biden is the worst American leader since King George.

Back
Top Bottom