• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Looks like Ketanji Brown Jackson to be Biden's SCOTUS pick

LMAO.... Not so much in favor of justices determining if the they a conflict of interest now?
Just sharing my minimal notes with someone who seemed to be asking for them.

I'm sure that her nomination, her qualifications and judicial history is going to be discussed at length here in the forums.

one of the most deleterious impacts of affirmative racial discrimination is when it is as blatant as it is now, this justice will always have many fair minded people wondering if her credentials were really earned and of course, her selection was based first on race/gender as well
Agreed. Biden putting that race qualifier on her doesn't do her any favors.

one of the most deleterious impacts of affirmative racial discrimination is when it is as blatant as it is now, this justice will always have many fair minded people wondering if her credentials were really earned and of course, her selection was based first on race/gender as well
Yeah, those people are called racists.

Biden did NOT make this pick, his progressive handlers made this pick. Selecting the Black woman who is the outspoken judicial activist and not the one who was an easy confirmation with many Republicans is about picking a fight in the evenly divided Senate, making the nomination process contentious, maybe even derailing it, and then using that fight to blame the Republicans just before the mid-terms.

Progressive liberals are ALL about identity politics and dividing, never about unifying.

Biden is the worst American leader since King George.

She has already been confirmed as a district judge.

Good pick.

Awesome
at least on paper she is qualified and I wish going forward we would make REAL qualifications for this

Harvard University, graduating with an A.B. magna cum laude
She Graduated from Harvard Law School in 1996 with a Juris Doctor cum laude, where she was a supervising editor of the Harvard Law Review.

After law school, Jackson served as a law clerk to Judge Patti B. Saris of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts from 1996 to 1997, then to Judge Bruce M. Selya of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit from 1997 to 1998.
She spent a year in private practice at the Washington, D.C. law firm Miller Cassidy Larroca & Lewin (now part of Baker Botts), then clerked for Justice Stephen Breyer of the U.S. Supreme Court from 1999 to 2000.
She worked in private legal practice from 2000 to 2003.
From 2003 to 2005, she served as an assistant special counsel to the United States Sentencing Commission.

But far more important and noteworthy IMO

From 2005 to 2007, Jackson was an assistant federal public defender in Washington, D.C., where she handled cases before U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.[
From 2007 to 2010, Jackson was an appellate litigator at Morrison & Foerster.

On September 20, 2012, she was nominated to serve as a judge for the United States district court for the District of Columbia
Jackson was introduced at her December 2011 confirmation hearing by Republican Paul Ryan, a relative through marriage, who said "Our politics may differ, but my praise for Ketanji's intellect, for her character, for her integrity, it is unequivocal."
On February 14, 2013, her nomination was reported to the full Senate by voice vote of the Senate Judiciary Committee. She was confirmed by the full Senate by voice vote on March 22, 2013. She received her commission on March 26, 2013.

On March 30, 2021, she was nominated as a United States circuit judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.
On April 19, 2021, her nomination was sent to the Senate.

Biden did NOT make this pick, his progressive handlers made this pick. Selecting the Black woman who is the outspoken judicial activist and not the one who was an easy confirmation with many Republicans is about picking a fight in the evenly divided Senate, making the nomination process contentious, maybe even derailing it, and then using that fight to blame the Republicans just before the mid-terms.

Progressive liberals are ALL about identity politics and dividing, never about unifying.

Are you implying that Trump actually picked any of the three he nominated? The names were narrowed down by the Federalist Society and given to the WH counsel and McConnell. Trump had nothing to do with it.

How will Biden unify by picking a judge you may like?

This will be one of those red flag threads. Pay attention
It already is, it has already triggered some of the usual suspects that we just knew would have meltdowns
its awesome and very telling. They arent even smart enough to see themselves for that transparent piece of glass they are.

Show us your evidence that Trump picked his own three nominees. What did he know about Amy Barrett? What did he know about Neal Gorsuch? When had he ever weighed in on or studied them?

Show us your evidence that Trump picked his own three nominees. What did he know about Amy Barrett? What did he know about Neal Gorsuch? When had he ever weighed in on or studied them?
What does Trump know about the judiciary?

Biden served on the Judiciary Committee, chairing it and as ranking member.

What does Trump know about anything?

Which modern President hasn't based a SCOTUS nomination on sex and or race?

It seems the normal becomes suddenly intolerable when the other side does it.

Which modern President hasn't based a SCOTUS nomination on sex and or race?

It seems the normal becomes suddenly intolerable when the other side does it.
Bush didn't save for CT after he was told a white would be blocked. Trump's first two picks weren't racially nor gender motivated. Both of Obama's were

What does Trump know about the judiciary?

Biden served on the Judiciary Committee, chairing it and as ranking member.

What does Trump know about anything?
Biden's a moron. HE flunked the DELAWARE Bar after graduating at the very bottom of a very weak law school class.

Bush didn't save for CT after he was told a white would be blocked. Trump's first two picks weren't racially nor gender motivated. Both of Obama's were
"I will be putting forth a nominee next week. It will be a woman," Mr Trump said at a campaign rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina on Saturday. "I think it should be a woman because I actually like women much more than men."

Good pick.

Let the "If you oppose her, you are automatically a racist and sexist!" arguments commence.

I'm sure the race-baiting blowhards of MSNBC are already writing their unoriginal retorts as we speak.

Biden's a moron. HE flunked the DELAWARE Bar after graduating at the very bottom of a very weak law school class.
And plagiarized while claiming "he had done nothing malevolent, but simply misunderstood the need to cite sources carefully".

Seriously...how does a LAW STUDENT misunderstand the need to cite sources???

"I will be putting forth a nominee next week. It will be a woman," Mr Trump said at a campaign rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina on Saturday. "I think it should be a woman because I actually like women much more than men."

That was different, though! Just like it was different when Reagan announced that he would nominate the first female to SCOTUS. I mean, they were different because.....reasons.

And plagiarized while claiming "he had done nothing malevolent, but simply misunderstood the need to cite sources carefully".

Seriously...how does a LAW STUDENT misunderstand the need to cite sources???

What does any of that have to do with the qualifications of Brown-Jackson?

Do you see anything that would make you think she isn't qualified for the role?

Not envy, I got a good education and a good job. But to decry affirmative action while ignoring that legacy admissions occur is just hypocrisy.
He seems hung up on the 'envy' and 'obsessed' words, both of course which are always false. 🤡

Interesting that he didn't choose Clyburn's pick.
IMO her resume really does surpass that of Childs although I believe they are both qualified I also highly suspect Breyer may have had some input. He and Biden go way back and Jackson clerked for Breyer

That was different, though! Just like it was different when Reagan announced that he would nominate the first female to SCOTUS. I mean, they were different because.....reasons.
It's different because Trump puts it so eloquently. Note the sophisticated reasoning of the former leader of the free world.

"I think it should be a woman because I actually like women much more than men."

FFS...you can't make this stuff up.

Let the "If you oppose her, you are automatically a racist and sexist!" arguments commence.

I'm sure the race-baiting blowhards of MSNBC are already writing their unoriginal retorts as we speak.
Aww hell. Even pointed, appropriate and on topic questions will be falsely accused as being racist!

Back
Top Bottom