• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Looks like another movie theatre shooting***[W:429]***

Re: Looks like another movie theatre shooting

white guys with guns are the most deadly combination on the planet.

hopefully, the demographic changes will overwhelm and neutralize white people (the proponents of gun ownership) and there will be a complete ban on personal use of firearms

I modify this to say an American with a gun is the most deadly person on the planet. Comparatively the hysteria over ISIS and illegals is nonsense. WE are under far more threat by our gun wielding neighbors relatives or some complete stranger.

THE SECOND AMMENDMENT NEED AMMENDING.

Some reasonable proposals

A national registry
Limits on ammo sales (Israeli's are allowed fifty rounds a year)
No large clips
Make clips harder to change out
Ammo sales by CC only
All guns have biometrics that allow only the legal owner of the gun to use it
Gun owners have to get insurance
Gun safety courses mandatory
Extended waiting period before purchase

More likely excessive alcohol.

The 58 year old crowd is more prone to self medicate than seek out a prescription.

They were born in the late 1950's -- late Post WW2 Baby Boom.
The common element in most of past few mass shootings, have been some type
of anti-depression drug.

I modify this to say an American with a gun is the most deadly person on the planet. Comparatively the hysteria over ISIS and illegals is nonsense. WE are under far more threat by our gun wielding neighbors relatives or some complete stranger.

THE SECOND AMMENDMENT NEED AMMENDING.

Some reasonable proposals

A national registry
Limits on ammo sales (Israeli's are allowed fifty rounds a year)
No large clips
Make clips harder to change out
Ammo sales by CC only
All guns have biometrics that allow only the legal owner of the gun to use it
Gun owners have to get insurance
Gun safety courses mandatory
Extended waiting period before purchase

Those are all dumb ideas to put it simply and shows your "Big Government can solve all of my problems."

People died BECAUSE OF GUN CONTROL HERE. They were legally forced to not have the opportunity to defend themselves in a movie theater. This suspected shooter allegedly had a previous arrest record for a felony from committing arson. It was already illegal for him to own/purchase a gun, so making it more illegal is better? No, making more gun control laws only further prevents us law abiding citizens from defending ourselves. Gun free zones have been the common denominator in almost of all these past mass shootings but Libs don't want to change that? Where ever people are disarmed and make easy targets, that is where these terrorists/racists/crazies will strike. Simply put, a good guy with a gun will always stop a bad guy with one.

Now people are finding things to blame BESIDES the shooter them self. Either blaming drugs, racism, religion, guns, or whatever the hell they see fit, It's time to place the blame squarely on the individual who perpetrated this attack.

Last edited:

Those are all dumb ideas to put it simply and shows your "Big Government can solve all of my problems."

People died BECAUSE OF GUN CONTROL HERE. They were legally forced to not have the opportunity to defend themselves in a movie theater. This suspected shooter allegedly had a previous arrest record for a felony from committing arson. It was already illegal for him to own/purchase a gun, so making it more illegal is better? No, making more gun control laws only further prevents us law abiding citizens from defending ourselves. Gun free zones have been the common denominator in almost of all these past mass shootings but Libs don't want to change that? Where ever people are disarmed and make easy targets, that is where these terrorists/racists/crazies will strike. Simply put, a good guy with a gun will always stop a bad guy with one.

Now people are finding things to blame BESIDES the shooter them self. Either blaming drugs, racism, religion, guns, or whatever the hell they see fit, It's time to place the blame squarely on the individual who perpetrated this attack.

fantasy. not one mass killing has been stopped by a civilian with a gun and believe me their are MILLIONS of Americans running around with guns.

We have a nation of "big tough guys" with guns who feel they are Bruce Willis in Die Hard. They don't have a clue what they would do in a scenario like this. No one does...most us have never experienced anything like this in our lifetime. I am shocked and saddened that we have yet another senseless mass shooting. They are occurring every week now. We no sooner bury the last one and another shooting occurs. But it does provide a platform for the Big Tough Guys to brandish their guns around bellowing about what they would have done...if it were not so pathetic, it would be funny.

Ok the local authorities have as of 8 minutes ago just released the name of the now infamous shooter:

JOHN RUSSELL HOUSER, age 58.

He was a drifter with a local criminal history from Phenix City, Alabama, a northwest suburb of Columbus GA just across the river.

Body count is now 2 dead, 9 wounded, 3 critically.

Victims ranging from their teens to their late 60's.

The deceased victims are Macy Breaux, 21 years old, and Jillian Johnson, 33.

So this looks like a case of misogyny with the shooter targeting women.

How did you come to this conclusion?

fantasy. not one mass killing has been stopped by a civilian with a gun and believe me their are MILLIONS of Americans running around with guns.

Here's my proof that armed citizens are our first line of defense when seconds count, but police are minutes away.

***WARNING DO NOT WATCH THESE VIDEOS IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH VIOLENCE, THIS IS YOUR WARNING***

GUN WATCH: Mass Killings Stopped by Armed Citizens, Updated

Need more proof? I have plenty more to show you.

Last edited:

We have a nation of "big tough guys" with guns who feel they are Bruce Willis in Die Hard. They don't have a clue what they would do in a scenario like this. No one does...most us have never experienced anything like this in our lifetime. I am shocked and saddened that we have yet another senseless mass shooting. They are occurring every week now. We no sooner bury the last one and another shooting occurs. But it does provide a platform for the Big Tough Guys to brandish their guns around bellowing about what they would have done...if it were not so pathetic, it would be funny.

I would suggest that you check out my reply Soho hator as to why you are wrong.

exactly.

Here's a challenge for the CC gun nutters

Next time you're at the range, put the target out at 50 feet and bet your buddy $10,000 to a case of beer you can put five shots, center mass in under 20 seconds while he does everything he can to distract you. See what haappens

Yep. Too many people with guns. It's just so much easier to take your anger out on others when you have a gun. You can kill from a distance, and it's impersonal. You can also be a yellow bellied coward but feel powerful.

This was at a screening of the movie "Trainwreck," written by and starring Amy Schumer. It's a female movie in that the lead is an independent, strong, promiscuous, bawdy young woman. It's pretty vulgar.

I noticed when posting my review and rating for it on a movie forum that there were a lot of posts by young men who rated it the lowest rating and heavily crticized Schumer for everything imaginable (her weight of course, her looks, her talent, etc.). I get the impression that some men get angry about movies like this - starring a woman, written by a woman, bawdy, the men are side characters. The posts were similar for the movie "Spy," starring Melissa McArthur.

I'm wondering if that had something to do with the shooting. That he chose that movie in particular. To an older white male, like this shooter, maybe it seems like a world gone mad, what with the gay marriage ruling, bawdy women's movies, transgenders.

BTW...Trainwreck is an hysterical movie. One of the best movies I've seen this year. I don't know Amy Schumer, so I was surprised at how original the script was, how funny it was, how good the casting was. I laughed all the way through it (once I got past the vulgarity, which took me by surprise). I mean, it's really risque' in parts.

So you think it was an angry white dude who hates fat women who talk like a sailor?

exactly.

Next time you're at the range, put the target out at 50 feet and bet your buddy $10,000 to a case of beer you can put five shots, center mass in under 20 seconds while he does everything he can to distract you. See what haappens

We trained people like that all the time, had them remove hearing protection, shot them with paintballs, strobe lights, all sorts of fun ****. High stress training, etc.

CC proponents have this fantasy where they will whip it out and save the day.

Never mind the fact they will more than likely escalate the situation and harm more innocents.

This speaks to your mindset no one elses.

Putting even more of a burden on the law abiding won't solve anything. Quite the contrary. In addition to being morally repugnant and contrary to basic human rights, it just doesn't work.

One change that may help is to remove the various shield laws that protect gun-banning establishments from civil suits. The logic is this: ok, it's your property and you can forbid guns if you like. However, if you do decide to disarm your patrons, and if something does happen, then you can be held liable in a civil suit. Your largely political choice has had mortal consequences. Just posting a sign or having a policy does not stop those who wish to do harm. The opposite, actually, as that establishment is now a soft target, and should be open to litigation.

Another solution is that public accomodations that wish to disarm their patrons must take proactive steps to enforce their decision: metal detectors, searches, etc. A sign/policy protects no one, as we see time and time again, and those who wish to ignore the 2nd amendment should be required to make some effort to enforce it. Otherwise, it is precisely the law-abiding that suffer. A GFZ enforced with paper is nothing but a potential slaughterhouse.

Another solution is recognizing that bearing arms is a civil right, and no one should be discriminated against for exercising this right. That includes public accomodations, just as it does for other protected classes. The right to bear arms is weak sauce if one is restricted from exercising it in daily public life.

exactly.

Not to derail the thread, which you have attempted to do already -- however a pistol is designed for much closer shots of from 5 to 25 yards not 50.

This speaks to your mindset no one elses.

I'm a reasonable person politically a moderate it speaks to my mindset. Angry afraid white men share your mindset.

The media is just reporting. Fact: There was a mass shooting in a Louisiana theater today. Fact: There was a mass shooting in a SC church recently. Fact: A guy shot one of our senators a couple of years ago when she was at a public event outside. Fact: There was a mass shooting in Chattanooga at military establishments recently. Fact: There was a mass shooting of little childen in school in the northeast a couple of years ago. And so on and so on.

What's the one thing all these incidents have in common? Put your thinking cap on!

Let's see. Depression, history of drug abuse, schizophrenia, paranoia, and, in the case of Newtown shooter Adam Lanza, “severe and deteriorating internalized mental health problems” (Report on the Life of Adam Lanza Before the 2012 Shooting). So I'd say the one thing they had in common was some sort of mental health issue.

Pistolero aficionados need to obtain training under stress from professional instructors from law enforcement (not the merely semi-amateur NRA types).

The reactions then become swift and automatic, to duck and cover when you hear that "firecracker" sound.

The rest is a matter of evaluating the situation, which normally calls for staying behind cover, calling-in the emergency, observing and reporting, and defending strictly yourself -- not becoming a cowboy.

Because too many of your citizens want it to stay that way.

Give it a rest Flog. You yourself grew up in an anti-gun culture where knives have always been king. You have been brainwashed by the Queen.

Your rights of Englishmen to keep and bear arms were infringed by your own kings and queens long ago simply to control and enslave you as peasants.

In the American Colonies of the 17th Century the English colonists retained these rights of Englishmen -- unlike back in merry old England.

That's because there were French and Indians to fight here in America.

Now it's called crime fighting however.

Here is really what is news-when someone in Chicago is NOT gunned down in any given day.

Give it a rest Flog. You yourself grew up in an anti-gun culture where knives have always been king.

Your rights of Englishmen to keep and bear arms were infringed by your own kings and queens long ago simply to control and enslave you as peasants.

You are happy with the status quo. Half a million of your countrymen have payed the price for that since the turn of the century

As long as your guns are safe why should you care about them though, you can always wave a flag at me after all :roll:

Back
Top Bottom