• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Looks like another movie theatre shooting***[W:429]***

Re: Looks like another movie theatre shooting

Let's see, I have gotten on people for every shooting for the same reasons, I blasted the NRA guy not too long ago for his absolutely idiotic statements regarding one of the latest shootings and agreed the guy should be dismissed from his position and publicly shamed. What else would you need?

There were dozens of posters on DP who agreed with that NRA board member that the Charleston 9 wouldn't have happened if the church-goers were armed.
These are people who are on the same side of the gun issue as you are.
It isn't fair to tar-and-feather you with them--nor is it fair to tar all gun controllers as "dancing on graves" either.

My greatest fears have yet to be realized.
Dozens of gunmen with machine guns waiting for schools to let out with hundreds of kids unprotected.
Same with a huge crowd of thousands to tens of thousands coming out of a major league sports event.
It's just a matter of time .

There were dozens of posters on DP who agreed with that NRA board member that the Charleston 9 wouldn't have happened if the church-goers were armed.
It isn't fair to tar-and-feather you with them--nor is it fair to tar all gun controllers as "dancing on graves" either.

Dozens of gunmen with machine guns waiting for schools to let out with hundreds of kids unprotected.
Same with a huge crowd of thousands to tens of thousands coming out of a major league sports event.
Yes, it absolutely is. If one personally goes into that grandstanding mode and uses the tragedy the shoe fits.

As per usual, the gun grabbers always use tragedies like this to try and advance their agenda. She followed the trend, third post in this thread. I would love it if the periodic carnage in gun free zones only elicited sympathy and not as springboard for the gun grabbers, but alas it never fails. So, at that point, I'm left with the choice: silence (which implies consent per Moore) or speak up. I pointed out that the answer to her question about what all these incidents have in common is they take place in gun free zones: school shootings, theater shootings, the gifford shooting, etc.

These are facts, admittedly distasteful to point out in wake of a tragedy but necessary to counter the misinformation that is always spewed during these events.

You are directly calling for guns in all gun-free zones.
I don't even see this in the most right-wing portions of RED states.

Oh, so wrong.

No, not so wrong. She never was disrespectful of you, but the same can't be said about you to her in this little gem
My city is an awesome place with great folks and we are hurting right now, and people with an agenda are trying to further it on our backs. Guess what, I have called out those who have done it everywhere, that is on record here. Anyone attacks my home, stay away from me.

Yes, it absolutely is. If one personally goes into that grandstanding mode and uses the tragedy the shoe fits.

There's nothing grandstanding about stating something you know perfectly well can happen.
And going back to your shtick about using a tragedy is why I entered this thread--with your "dances on graves" phrase .

I understand your concern, but these threads have a tendency to immediately veer off course from the topic... which in this case is who did it and why... into a "them damn guns, we gotta get rid of 'em" thread. Is gun violence a problem. Hell, yes. Is the answer to take away every American's second amendment rights? Hell, no.

Personally, I'm just waiting for info on the shooter. If he's Muslim, god help us because the hysteria will be instantaneous. If he's crazy, we'll feel better because those crazy folks do crazy **** and everyone knows it. If he turns out to be a misogynistic asshole, we'll get into the "bros before hos" and "chicks before dicks" sexism argument. If he turns out to be a she, we'll all just shut up and look at each other, 'cause that hasn't happened in a looooong time. :)

Exactly. Everyone has, what they think, is knowledgeable conjecture to add and it just comes out like a bunch of guessing and biases. People actually argue about information they don't even have.

Fact, shooters with guns have killed more people in America since 9/11 than terrorists.

Cars have killed more people than guns.

3 Dead, 7 Injured In Shooting At Louisiana Movie Theater : The Two-Way : NPR

"The shooter was a white male in his 50s"

And this is the first, and last, time that race shall be considered as a factor in this latest mass shooting.

Inb4 he's characterized as a "loner"/"mentally ill"/"has a troubled past"/etc. Compare that with this description of the Chattanooga mass murderer: "[H]omegrown, violent, and extremist."

/braces for a defensive whites' backlash
I don't know about "defensive whites" posting but I will ask...how many threads of really really really really really concerned people have you seen since the shooting in South Carolina? How many involved black on black shooters? How many black lives that 'matter' have been lost since the Dylan Roof shooting and why oh WHY don't people like you ever give a **** about them?

Cars have killed more people than guns.

Oh my--the car divergence away from guns--one of the lamest straw men on this board.

Speaking of cars and trucks, the roads and especially the bridges are crumbling.
Due to GOP House in-fighting over their own Transportation bill they haven't been able to pass since coming to power in 2011.
Concrete only has a life-span of about 50 years and IKE started the Interstate system in the 1950s .

Why would you accuse a poster of not giving a **** about black on black shooters, VanceMack?
And why do you always bring up this straw man for each new mass murder ?

I don't know about "defensive whites" posting but I will ask...how many threads of really really really really really concerned people have you seen since the shooting in South Carolina? How many involved black on black shooters? How many black lives that 'matter' have been lost since the Dylan Roof shooting and why oh WHY don't people like you ever give a **** about them?

Why would you accuse a poster of not giving a **** about black on black shooters, VanceMack?
And why do you always bring up this straw man for each new mass murder ?

I don't accuse them...I point out the facts. If you are one of 'those' people, get used to your glass slipper. You are the one dropping it behind you.

Read HIS comments. He made it be about race. Fine. Discuss the race angle. People like you and him ooze out when there is a shooting involving a white shooter. Where the **** have YOU been these last two months with the THOUSANDS of blacks being shot by blacks across the country? Do you know how many 'mass shootings' involving multiple victims have occurred in black communities since then? Why is it you only seem to find your digital vocal chords when it involves a white shooter?

He blamed the victims. No ****ing **** they could have fought back if armed, that was about the stupidest and most crass thing he could have said, they had a right to go disarmed if they so chose and they did, unfortunately they were murdered. Staying on topic, these shootings have a similar component, some coward decides to attack the victims when they least expect it, at a moment of peace and unguarded, it's not okay to use these under any conditions.

I'm sorry, are you seriously suggesting that cancer or heart attacks pose a more clear and present danger to children than a school shooter would? Cause man, I can easily explain to a first-grader how that statement isn't true. What you said was some next-level trolling.

What are the statistics? That should help us answer the question.

I wounder how long it will be before we find out if the man was taking anti-depression drugs?

white guys with guns are the most deadly combination on the planet.

hopefully, the demographic changes will overwhelm and neutralize white people (the proponents of gun ownership) and there will be a complete ban on personal use of firearms

Ok the local authorities have as of 8 minutes ago just released the name of the now infamous shooter:

JOHN RUSSELL HOUSER, age 58.

He was a drifter with a local criminal history from Phenix City, Alabama, a northwest suburb of Columbus GA just across the river.

Body count is now 2 dead, 9 wounded, 3 critically.

Victims ranging from their teens to their late 60's.

The deceased victims are Macy Breaux, 21 years old, and Jillian Johnson, 33.

So this looks like a case of misogyny with the shooter targeting women.

Last edited:

You are directly calling for guns in all gun-free zones.
I don't even see this in the most right-wing portions of RED states.
The soft target nature of GFZ is nothing new, and many have pointed out that this makes them favorite choices for those who desire carnage. It's a coldly rational choice if one wants to maximize death to the innocent. There are few instances of attacking police stations, say, and those that happen typically have few if any casualties other than the shooter.

The law in Texas is adhered to by both patrons and business owners alike, but there are systemic ways built in that allows a discrete way for each side to get what they want. The signage necessary to forbid CHL holders from carrying is very explicitly described in PENAL CODE CHAPTER 30. BURGLARY AND CRIMINAL TRESPASS. It's known as a 30.06 sign, and any sign that does not conform exactly is not legal notice. One of the characteristics is that the lettering is at least 1" tall. Consequently, sympathetic but pressured store owners post signs that have lettering only 0.8" tall; they can point to them for insurance purposes and to those with firearm phobia but, on the off chance that a CC accidentally reveals and upsets the MDA crowd, they would not be guilty of criminal tresspass. I know of several theaters that take this tact. Schools, can't do anything about since that's USFG. Churches aren't automatically GFZ, they have to post a 30.06, so that's their choice. I'm not religious, an atheist actually, but I do know one pastor who doesn't post 30.06 and carries himself.

So, if you don't see it in the rational red states, it's because GFZ are largely a matter of choice.

white guys with guns are the most deadly combination on the planet.

hopefully, the demographic changes will overwhelm and neutralize white people (the proponents of gun ownership) and there will be a complete ban on personal use of firearms

Sounds like you have lost your sanity.

I wounder how long it will be before we find out if the man was taking anti-depression drugs?

More likely excessive alcohol.

The 58 year old crowd is more prone to self medicate than seek out a prescription.

They were born in the late 1950's -- late Post WW2 Baby Boom.

This is our new, sad, terrible, tragic, reality. Take a hard look at yourself America. WTF is going on inside your head?

MURICA! Come one come all! Get your guns and express your freedom to hate your follow man with the awesome power of murder! MURICA!

Back
Top Bottom