• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

"Logical" people stack the deck against Death Penalty

Interestingly, I am a liberal on just about every social issue. But I do believe that the death penalty should be an option for serial killers, war criminals and terrorists.

It sickens me that the likes of Slobodan Milosovic, after ordering the deaths of so many people, will only recieve a life sentence. He never offered his victims any compassion, so why should we.

The best thing that happened after the Nurenburg war trials, was that the sick bastards that perpetrated the Holocaust met the hangman's noose. Imagine if we had decided to just give all of the convicted Nazis life sentences?

Australianlibertarian said:
Interestingly, I am a liberal on just about every social issue. But I do believe that the death penalty should be an option for serial killers, war criminals and terrorists.

It sickens me that the likes of Slobodan Milosovic, after ordering the deaths of so many people, will only recieve a life sentence. He never offered his victims any compassion, so why should we.

It is precisely that reason that we do offer him compassion: because he did no such things. We're better than him and we will prove it.

The best thing that happened after the Nurenburg war trials, was that the sick bastards that perpetrated the Holocaust met the hangman's noose. Imagine if we had decided to just give all of the convicted Nazis life sentences?

I'm thinking... I see no negative reprocussions.

Gandhi>Bush said:
:moon: :moon:

Ah . . . . that would be another two points for Shamgar and zero for the "logical people" . . . so sad when the "logical people" have no chance against the truth . . . :lol: :lol:

Shamgar said:
Ah . . . . that would be another two points for Shamgar and zero for the "logical people" . . . so sad when the "logical people" have no chance against the truth . . . :lol: :lol:

I can make a few more smileys moon you if you like? Respond to my posts about the Death Penalty. I don't think Christ would apporve of such a thing.

Shamgar said:
How does one argue against someone who is against logic? :confused: Talk about a Sisyphean effort.

Gandhi>Bush said:
I can make a few more smileys moon you if you like? Respond to my posts about the Death Penalty. I don't think Christ would apporve of such a thing.

You have no clue what Christ thought . . . as we have had this discussion before . . . an you came out the loser. . . .

I couldn't agree more with Gandi>Bush. The death penalty is state-sanctioned revenge killing. It's a stoop to the killer's level, viewing them like objects without feelings, just like they did to their victims. My emotions would like to see the BTK killer ripped apart by lions, but in truth I would never wish that on anyone, not even that scum. I don't make decisions with emotions, it's dangerous. It's wrong to kill in order to say that killing is wrong.

Capital punishment doesn't reduce the murder rates either. In some states the murder rate actually decreased when they abolished it. If the government values human life, the citizens will too.

I think it's time to face the facts and realize that child abuse is the number 1 producer of killers. That's because any idiot can go out and have a baby, even though you need a licence to catch fish. :roll: I would like to see mandatory classes for new parents that teach them alternate ways to adjust their child's behavior besides the back of their hand or a kitchen utensil. Make it a requirement to graduate high school or something.

Last edited:
Binary_Digit said:
I couldn't agree more with Gandi>Bush. The death penalty is state-sanctioned revenge killing. It's a stoop to the killer's level, viewing them like objects without feelings, just like they did to their victims. My emotions would like to see the BTK killer ripped apart by lions, but in truth I would never wish that on anyone, not even that scum. I don't make decisions with emotions, it's dangerous. It's wrong to kill in order to say that killing is wrong.

It appears your emotions are actually in control of you as your mouth states you wish BTK DEAD!!!! Such inconsistencies for a death penalty opponent . . . but then again the "logical people" are full of inconsistencies . . .

Luke 6: 45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth the good. And an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth the evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Shamgar said:
You have no clue what Christ thought . . . as we have had this discussion before . . . an you came out the loser. . . .

That's not true. If you're refering the "Christ was a pascist" discussion, I don't know if you remember, but basically I just kept spanking your arguments until you ran behind your "natural man" cartoon, never to come out again.

There is already a thread created entitled "Does Jesus' Teachings Conflict with God's?" in the Religion and Philosophy area. This discussion would be better placed in there.

Gandhi>Bush said:
That's not true. If you're refering the "Christ was a pascist" discussion, I don't know if you remember, but basically I just kept spanking your arguments until you ran behind your "natural man" cartoon, never to come out again.

I am sure you, being on the losing end, would remember it that way. . . .

Shamgar said:
It appears your emotions are actually in control of you as your mouth states you wish BTK DEAD!!!! Such inconsistencies for a death penalty opponent . . .
How about put down your Bible and reread what I wrote. I clearly said I don't make decisions with emotions, they are most certainly not in control of me. That's the whole reason I'm against the death penalty, because it's strictly an emotional decision that state-sanctioned revenge killing is somehow justified. Imminent self defense and war are different, but once the person is behind bars where they can't hurt anyone there is no good reason to kill them.

Shamgar said:
but then again the "logical people" are full of inconsistencies . . .
Ok, let's be serious. You've been bashing "logical people" since the beginning of this thread. Pray tell, what exactly do you think is wrong with being logical? Because I can point out quite a few things wrong with being "emotional."

Binary_Digit said:
How about put down your Bible and reread what I wrote. I clearly said I don't make decisions with emotions, they are most certainly not in control of me. That's the whole reason I'm against the death penalty, because it's strictly an emotional decision that state-sanctioned revenge killing is somehow justified. Imminent self defense and war are different, but once the person is behind bars where they can't hurt anyone there is no good reason to kill them.

Sorry but your own words contradict you . . . . confessions are such hard things to overcome as they tend to be solid evidence . . . .

Job 15: 6 Your own mouth condemns you, and not I; yes, your own lips testify against you.

Binary_Digit said:
Ok, let's be serious. You've been bashing "logical people" since the beginning of this thread. Pray tell, what exactly do you think is wrong with being logical? Because I can point out quite a few things wrong with being "emotional."

Well I'll put into language you can understand . . . logical people come up all zeros . . . like the pun?

Shamgar, you have yet to prove anything in this thread besides your ability to insult and distract from your claims.

Hey look, I have a Biblical quote for every occaison too!

""Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool." - Isaiah 1:18

God likes logic, because logic leads to the truth.

Shamgar said:
I am sure you, being on the losing end, would remember it that way. . . .

Look, I'm not going to sit around here and act like a three year old with you. We can have an intelligent discussion theological or otherwise, or we can not. This choice is yours now.

Arch Enemy said:
I like how this is turning out.

Just from seeing all this, it's impossible for Jesus to be God. They have two different beliefs, one believes in killing all those who do not worship, the other preaches love for all living beings.

Kill 'Em all and Let God Sort Them OUT!

The death penalty is outdated and should be totally abolished. NO ONE (execpt for a very small few) deserve death, I love how the Republican-Christians like playing God.

So you have a problem applying the death penalty to people who murder and rape........Do you feel the same way about the murder of innocent babies in the womb who have committed no crime?

Navy Pride said:
So you have a problem applying the death penalty to people who murder and rape........Do you feel the same way about the murder of innocent babies in the womb who have committed no crime?

And how do you feel about all of the Africans who die needlessly from AIDS because the Vatican spreads lies about condoms?

Navy Pride said:
Yes, women who have abortions don't deserve the death penalty either. But the reason is different, it's because their victims aren't people.

Binary_Digit said:
Hey look, I have a Biblical quote for every occaison too!

""Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool." - Isaiah 1:18

God likes logic, because logic leads to the truth.

You must be talking about one of your pagan gods of your philosophers not the Father of Jesus Christ

1 Cor 6: 1 19 For it is written, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and I will set aside the understanding of the perceiving ones." 20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the lawyer of this world? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world by wisdom did not know God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save those who believe.

Naughty Nurse said:
And how do you feel about all of the Africans who die needlessly from AIDS because the Vatican spreads lies about condoms?

Wow now we are attacking the Pope........Have you know shame? Never mind I know your real agenda....Its because the RCC teaches that gay sex is a mortal sin......

The RCC teaches abstinence fron sex until your married.If the people in Africa had practiced this there would have never been a problem........

Navy Pride said:
Wow now we are attacking the Pope........Have you know shame? Never mind I know your real agenda....Its because the RCC teaches that gay sex is a mortal sin......

The RCC teaches abstinence fron sex until your married.If the people in Africa had practiced this there would have never been a problem........

I beg to differ Navy Pride, the Pope Benedict XVI said the spread of AIDS in Africa should be tackeled through fidelity and abstinence, and not by condoms. I think he is behaving just like his predecessor and becoming a criminal against humanity. He is inciting Africans Not to use condoms. In turn, millions will die because they will listen to him. A real genocide created by this criminal Pope.

kal-el said:
I beg to differ Navy Pride, the Pope Benedict XVI said the spread of AIDS in Africa should be tackeled through fidelity and abstinence, and not by condoms. I think he is behaving just like his predecessor and becoming a criminal against humanity. He is inciting Africans Not to use condoms. In turn, millions will die because they will listen to him. A real genocide created by this criminal Pope.
Well, half-right. The pope is saying that no one should have sex outside of marriage. Since that is not happening, the people are only half-listening to what the Pope is saying. They're listening to the part about condoms but not the part about not having sex outside of marriage. (Great, now I'm defending the Pope. :shock: )

kal-el said:

Yeah, it couldn't be that it is thought by the Africans that having sex with a virgin will cure aids . . . . so the incidence of rape is extremely high in Africa . . . .I guess the rapist should use a condom . . . . in your mind . . . .????

Yeah, it couldn't be that it is thought by the Africans that having sex with a virgin will cure aids . . . . so the incidence of rape is extremely high in Africa . . . .I guess the rapist should use a condom . . . . in your mind . . . .????
Shamgar is online now Report Bad Post Reply With Quote

that is one myth that was spread in a regions of Africa, but it isn't the sole cause of the spread of aids. Condoms do ultimately help alleviate the problem of unprotected sex and the spread of HIV.

Shamgar said:

How about proper education to dispel such monstrous myths? That sounds like a good idea. But then again I'm maybe a little too logical...

Back
Top Bottom