• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let's Get Ready to Rumble! Wilder v. Fury

Gareth A Davies: round seven verdict:

Very interesting round. Punches bouncing of Fury, the Gypsy King landing two great right-hand punches,
As his trainer Ben Davison said to me, "He mustn't get greedy in there."

We saw that in Rd 7 of this titanic chess match.

Fury 10-9.

Fury is up by 6 right now on BT sport

I saw but I don’t think Tyson’s antics won him those first rounds.

With the Wilder knockdown in round 9 it’s close now for sure

Round nine
It all kicked off and Wilder finally arrived. He's landing explosive power shots early
in the round and Fury is down on the canvas. It only takes one punch.

Fury gets back up but Wilder is throwing everything at him, swinging and finally landing. But the Brit rides
out the storm and is fighting back, still wagging his tongue at Wilder who looks like he's tired.

Gareth A Davies: round 10 verdict:

Fury rocks Wilder again with right hands, avoiding high arcing punches as
Wilder misses with three, four, five, six punches on the ropes... Clever Fury. Hit and not be hit.

Fury 10-9

Last edited:
Gareth A Davies: round 11 verdict
Fury wins again. Boxing, movement. jab, clinch, duck, weave, jab, uppercut. Wilder -
miss, miss, miss, miss, until he lands one too Fury's body. Boxing...

Fury 10-9

Amazing fight fury edged it on points though for me and dominated most of the fight.

Round 12
Wilder lands a massive punch in the first minute, Fury is on the ground again,
it looks like it's all over, he's surely finished. Wilder's dancing, he's laughing. But somehow
the Gypsy King peels himself off the canvas, this is phenomenal. He needs to buy time.

Fury lands a peach of a hook on Wilder's body, where is he getting the energy from? He
looks like he's been re-energised by the hit that almost ended him. How is he doing this?

Extraordinary, absolutely incredible. He somehow came back and survived - no, thrived - after the drama.

Fury jumps on the ropes and celebrates. The two fighters embrace and the anxious wait for the result now. It can only be a Fury win?!

Gareth A Davies: round 12 verdict:

Dramatic left-right and Fury is down. He makes the count. He has two minutes to survive. Such drama.

Now Wilder looks exhausted. Dramatic, dramatic ending....

Wilder 10-8

I have Fury the victor but this is going to be controversial

Right decision imo I had it 113-113

How’s that one judge given it 111-115 to Wilder??? What a joke

Fury pointed over Wilder for sue but he didn’t dominate anything

Every boxing expert on showtime and British TV had him waaaay ahead going into that last round.

Every boxing expert on showtime and British TV had him waaaay ahead going into that last round.

Wait a second the British TV scored the fight for the British boxer. Oh my

Pauli Mag on showtime calling the judges scores a disgrace.

So are we going to see a post-fight brawl in the press room now that we have a split decision?

DtY8utxWkAAmFAZ.jpg

I’d be happy to see Joshua vs Wilder in April for the reunification bout, fury takes on the winner.

Wilder knocked Fury to the canvas twice. Kudos to Fury for getting back up both times! Fury never knocked Wilder down.

Give Fury credit for crafty boxing. No way no how do I think the judges should have declared Fury winner. A draw, IMO, seems appropriate.

Wilder knocked Fury to the canvas twice. Kudos to Fury for getting back up both times! Fury never knocked Wilder down.

Give Fury credit for crafty boxing. No way no how do I think the judges should have declared Fury winner. A draw, IMO, seems appropriate.

That’s not how it works though. You get points for every round you win and fury dominated most of the rounds.
How that one jusgebhad wilder winning the first 4 rounds is baffling.

That’s not how it works though. You get points for every round you win and fury dominated most of the rounds.
How that one jusgebhad wilder winning the first 4 rounds is baffling.

Thank you for expressing your opinion. I accept the decision of the judges... and believe the judges made a reasonable decision. Do you?

Keep in mind Fury never knocked down Wilder. Wilder knocked Fury down twice. Any fighter who does not win by TKO or KO has to rely on the judges for official results.

If you, by magic, became the arbiter of Official Results, you could choose Fury as winner.

Let's hope for a rematch sooner than later!

Thank you for expressing your opinion. I accept the decision of the judges... and believe the judges made a reasonable decision. Do you?

Keep in mind Fury never knocked down Wilder. Wilder knocked Fury down twice. Any fighter who does not win by TKO or KO has to rely on the judges for official results.

If you, by magic, became the arbiter of Official Results, you could choose Fury as winner.

Let's hope for a rematch sooner than later!

I like many others just don’t understand how one judge had it so opposite to the other two.

Rematch will happen for sure now but I’d rather AJvs Wilder first. Can’t see it happening now though until after a rematch

I like many others just don’t understand how one judge had it so opposite to the other two.

Rematch will happen for sure now but I’d rather AJvs Wilder first. Can’t see it happening now though until after a rematch

Yeah... I hope the sanctioning board reviews the credentials and investigates the judge who favored Fury.

Back
Top Bottom