• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Legalizing marijuana is a bad idea

ih8liberals

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Everyone knows marijuana is more harmful and addictive than tobacco and alcohol, yet we have all of these idiot stoners polluting society with their stupid dope and their liberal pro-drug propaganda.

I believe all non-smokers like me are against legalization because it will just make more people use it and decay our society further. All pot smokers deserve to be thrown in jail because they are a danger to themselves and others.

Made yourself a nifty new sockpuppet I see Mrbassline :2razz:

welcome back, please do continue to rant and promote your cause, you do it so effectively!

You again. I'm just going to assume that you are some kind of strawman created by someone supporting legalization. My faith in humanity is too strong to believe that someone can be so stupid to repeatedly launch these attacks here while facing this constant abuse.

Wow, if I hadn't read your other post on the subject, I would be positive you were satirizing opponents of legalization and doing a spot on job of it. But having ready your other post, I think you're actually serious.

To which my response can be ... wow.

And I should really care that you dumb stoners think I'm wrong? I dare any of you to try to win an argument against all of us non-smokers. You wouldn't succeed because we are the majority and we are all against legalization.

And I should really care that you dumb stoners think I'm wrong? I dare any of you to try to win an argument against all of us non-smokers. You wouldn't succeed because we are the majority and we are all against legalization.

stop ranting and start arguing

Either that or you have dementia. I've said repeatedly that I find recreational drugs to be a waste of my time and money. Many others give rational arguments for legalization, and all you can pull out of your bag of tricks is some troll crap. Cut the strawman crap, leave, post a rational nontrolling argument, get help, or get bent

Everyone knows marijuana is more harmful and addictive than tobacco and alcohol, yet we have all of these idiot stoners polluting society with their stupid dope and their liberal pro-drug propaganda.

I believe all non-smokers like me are against legalization because it will just make more people use it and decay our society further. All pot smokers deserve to be thrown in jail because they are a danger to themselves and others.

This post is a joke, right?

I think it is hilarious that a thread demonizing marijuana has been started by someone who appears to be having the alcoholic DT's. I bet he is against prohibition on alcohol. Just sayin'. :mrgreen:

Support your statement with facts and I will believe you.

The facts DO show, that Alcohol and Tobacco are at the top of the list of Harmful legal substances.

The facts DO show, that Alcohol and Tobacco are at the top of the list of Harmful legal substances.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a response.

He's not coming back.

Alcohol is one of the most toxic drugs, and using just 10 times what one would use to get the desired effect can lead to death. Marijuana is one of – if not the – least toxic drugs, requiring thousands times the dose one would use to get the desired effect to lead to death. This “thousands times” is actually theoretical, since there has never been a recorded case of marijuana overdose.

The most toxic recreational drugs, such as GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate) and heroin, have a lethal dose less than 10 times their typical effective dose. The largest cluster of substances has a lethal dose that is 10 to 20 times the effective dose: These include cocaine, MDMA, which is extasy, and alcohol. A less toxic group of substances, requiring 20 to 80 times the effective dose to cause death, include Rohypnol, which are roofies, and mescaline (peyote cactus).

The least physiologically toxic substances, those requiring 100 to 1,000 times the effective dose to cause death, include psilocybin mushrooms and marijuana, when ingested. I've found no published cases in the English language that document deaths from smoked marijuana, so the actual lethal dose is a mystery. I've come to the conclusion that smoking marijuana is more risky than eating it, just because of the smoke itself, but is still safer than getting drunk.

Despite the health risks and social costs, consciousness-altering chemicals have been used for centuries in almost all cultures. So it would be unrealistic to expect that all types of recreational drug use will suddenly cease. Self-management of these substances is extremely difficult, yet modern Western societies have not, in general, developed positive, socially sanctioned rituals as a means of regulating the use of some of the less hazardous recreational drugs. I would argue that we need to do that.

Well I believe I just posted some pretty interesting things in reply to your introductory paragraph. Are you even coming back to read it and rebuttle??? And what is this you speak of, "i dare you to win an argument against all of us 'non-smokers'".??? As if you have some army behind you of people as angry and ignorant as you. People will smoke the bud whether its LEGAL or NOT.

Tobacco, well nicotine, is well more addictive than marijuana. And not all non-smokers are against legalization. I guess non-smokers like you who probably can't address the problem openly and honestly would be against legalization.

ummm.. you guys are trying to argue with someone who has been banned from the site.

Please, someone ban this losers IP. He's just going to make another sockpuppet otherwise.

I think the keyword there is "legal".

Got proof of that?

Tobacco 435,000
Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity 365,000
Alcohol 85,000
Microbial Agents 75,000
Toxic Agents 55,000
Motor Vehicle Crashes 26,347
Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs 32,000
Suicide 30,622
Incidents Involving Firearms 29,000
Homicide 20,308
Sexual Behaviors 20,000
All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect 17,000
Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin 7,600
Marijuana 0

Annual Causes of Death in the United States | Drug War Facts

Ok now how many are harmed by illegal drugs but haven't died? There are many ways to harm someone other than killing them. Both directly and indirectly.

The same isn't true for alcohol?

Given that alcohol has a 5 to 1 edge in deaths caused over illegal drugs, I'd guess it has a similar edge causing serious health problems, divorce, bankruptcy, addiction rates and whatever other negative consequences you want to list. Far far more people abuse alcohol compared to illegal drugs.

If you want to combat the greatest drug scourge in this nation, then clearly we should ban alcohol immediately. Oh wait, we tried that once and it didn't work out so good, did it?

Last edited:
Ok now how many are harmed by illegal drugs but haven't died? There are many ways to harm someone other than killing them. Both directly and indirectly.

The question you need to be asking is how many have been harmed by the prohibition of drugs, not how many have been harmed by the drugs themselves.

Last edited:
They kill and disease far more people than all of the other drugs combined.

ummmm, because they are legal, and thus much more socially acceptable than the illegal substances.

Give Marijuana legalization tomorrow and about 10 years of use and study and time for people to get comfortable talking about it and you'll see that it can also be a cause of problems on a much more wide scale.

Not saying what it will be as bad or worse as the problems associated with alcohol or tobacco (granted the problems aren't blamed on these substances instead, since most marijuana users also drink and or smoke cigarettes), but you can't compare the two when alcohol and tobacco are widely accepted, as they are legal, and marijuana is not.

Back
Top Bottom