• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Large firearms trafficking scheme" BUSTED...

Not really. Ukraine is not doing any worse for not having lived in a perpetual state of war before a war.

I own an AR, and don't feel like I live in a perpetual state of war. I own several fire extinguishers, and don't feel like I am perpetually battling an inferno.

I own an AR, and don't feel like I live in a perpetual state of war. I own several fire extinguishers, and don't feel like I am perpetually battling an inferno.

You can still own one with decent background checks. Your insistence to be free from inconvenience at gun shows is killing people.

You can still own one with decent background checks. Your insistence to be free from inconvenience at gun shows is killing people.

I had two background checks. I've bought guns at gun shows, and had to have background checks and a waiting period.

I'm the guy who supports universal background checks for guns and motor vehicles. Despite their insistence as to how useful those would be, gun control advocates generally won't support them.

I had two background checks. I've bought guns at gun shows, and had to have background checks and a waiting period.

I'm the guy who supports universal background checks for guns and motor vehicles. Despite their insistence as to how useful those would be, gun control advocates generally won't support them.

Wow, so maybe we don’t disagree on as much as it seems. In fact, it seems we seem to agree with the vast majority of the American public.

So doesn’t it seem weird that this stuff doesn’t happen?

Hunting licenses are useful things. Most modern countries have them.
Almost everyone I know gets one every year. They also target shoot and use the same guns for protection. None of us live in a war zone. Of course we don't live in the crime riddled major cities.

Wow, so maybe we don’t disagree on as much as it seems. In fact, it seems we seem to agree with the vast majority of the American public.

Gun control advocates generally don't support my proposal for UBCs, let alone any vast majority of the public.

Almost everyone I know gets one every year. They also target shoot and use the same guns for protection. None of us live in a war zone. Of course we don't live in the crime riddled major cities.

Cities throughout the world, throughout history, have had more crime than rural areas. That you don’t care to be inconvenienced in any way to help mitigate it, or even are happy to use it as a club to beat them over the head with it, just shows you don’t care for your fellow citizens who might be in different circumstances than you. You are out of touch. But I am sure you want them to care for the problems in rural areas. Why should they?

Gun control advocates generally don't support my proposal for UBCs, let alone any vast majority of the public.

Not sure why not. UBCs are a big part of what they want. What exactly are your proposals, and how are they different than the ones gun advocates want, if at all?

Not sure why not. UBCs are a big part of what they want. What exactly are your proposals, and how are they different than the ones gun advocates want, if at all?

You said you were very supportive of my proposal, just Wednesday. And just this afternoon, you responded again that you agreed with my proposed UBCs for guns and motor vehicles. Now you don't know what they are?

Cities throughout the world, throughout history, have had more crime than rural areas. That you don’t care to be inconvenienced in any way to help mitigate it, or even are happy to use it as a club to beat them over the head with it, just shows you don’t care for your fellow citizens who might be in different circumstances than you. You are out of touch. But I am sure you want them to care for the problems in rural areas. Why should they?
People are the problem along with pitiful leadership being the biggest problem in these cities. We had BLM protesting in my town where we don't have a problem other than the terrorist masquerading as protesters. Of course once they figured out the police were not going to tolerate their terrorist actions they moved on thank God. They had no interest in real protesting just creating mayhem and spreading covid19 all cross this country.

Ukraine, like all modern civil societies (except the United States, of course), had common sense gun laws before war broke out. We can do the same in case of war. I'd be totally OK with that.

But having a civil society live as if in a state of war all the time, just in case there is war, is a little like someone walking around in a hospital gown and IV pole all the time, just in case they get sick.
Our gun rights were given to protect citizens from GOVERNMENT.

We live in a state of war only because folks like you vote for soft on crime/criminals politicians. More than 70 percent of our current violent crime is committed by recidivists.

When you remove them from the good folks America will be the safest most wonderful place on earth..........even with 400 plus MILLION guns in private hands.

The reason they want universal background checks is what we disagree with.

Straw purchases and theft are the main sources of firearms in the hands of criminals. UBC's can't stop these.

So in our opinions UBC's are not worth the risk to guns especially for the tiny positive it would provide.

You keep calling it an inconvenience. It's a serious threat to our gun rights. It's why we resist it and why we fear it. It will facilitate confiscation. This makes you happy of course which is why you want it so bad. If you have seen the facts you know it will do very little to stop gun violence. Doesn't matter because your goal is total confiscation. Same as the "Assault" weapon ban. Rarely used in crime yet targeted under the guise of gun crime prevention. Ironically they are the family of guns that give us the best chance of resisting government.

Won't work for several reason. No criminals will care to follow the new laws. They will simply find alternative sources. Most currently legal and law abiding won't turn them in preferring instead to hide them. So as before they won't be used much except by criminals.

We know how to stop gun violence. If you want to ACTUALLY stop gun violence simply keep violent criminals in jail longer including life in prison if caught a second time.

Violent felon in possession should carry a life in prison penalty period!

No matter the costs. No matter the social outrage due to demographics. No matter the numbers. We are either gonna continue to have problems or we are going to remove the problems from society. You choice. Guns don't use themselves so anyone above the brain level of complete and utter moron knows its a criminal problem not a gun problem.

We live in a state of war only because folks like you vote for soft on crime/criminals politicians. More than 70 percent of our current violent crime is committed by recidivists.

When you remove them from the good folks America will be the safest most wonderful place on earth..........even with 400 plus MILLION guns in private hands.

No. Cities fundamentally have more crime in their bad neighborhoods than rural areas. That’s been true throughout the world, throughout history. To say you don’t care because you think they are just immoral and fundamentally “different” than you, so they deserve what they get, and you don’t want to be inconvenienced by their problems, etc.. is to say you don’t care about a large part of your nation.

If you don’t care about their plight and problems, why should they care about yours? And if you have a nation divided against itself in all sorts of ways like that: rural vs urban, by races, religions, various ethnicities, social classes, etc, etc,… can you really have a nation anymore?

Columbine, Sandy Hook, the Vegas shooter, etc… were not done by recidivists.

People are the problem along with pitiful leadership being the biggest problem in these cities. We had BLM protesting in my town where we don't have a problem other than the terrorist masquerading as protesters. Of course once they figured out the police were not going to tolerate their terrorist actions they moved on thank God. They had no interest in real protesting just creating mayhem and spreading covid19 all cross this country.

Why do you suppose that political leadership in cities is "pitiful" ?

You keep calling it an inconvenience. It's a serious threat to our gun rights. It's why we resist it and why we fear it. It will facilitate confiscation. This makes you happy of course which is why you want it so bad. If you have seen the facts you know it will do very little to stop gun violence. Doesn't matter because your goal is total confiscation. Same as the "Assault" weapon ban. Rarely used in crime yet targeted under the guise of gun crime prevention. Ironically they are the family of guns that give us the best chance of resisting government.
maxresdefault.jpg
Won't work for several reason. No criminals will care to follow the new laws. They will simply find alternative sources. Most currently legal and law abiding won't turn them in preferring instead to hide them. So as before they won't be used much except by criminals.
Just your 'feels' on the matter.
We know how to stop gun violence. If you want to ACTUALLY stop gun violence simply keep violent criminals in jail longer including life in prison if caught a second time.
We, as in those of us who profit from the violence? Can you find one respected criminologist who will agree with that statement?
Violent felon in possession should carry a life in prison penalty period!
No matter the costs. No matter the social outrage due to demographics. No matter the numbers. We are either gonna continue to have problems or we are going to remove the problems from society. You choice. Guns don't use themselves so anyone above the brain level of complete and utter moron knows its a criminal problem not a gun problem.
No matter if it doesn't work and may actually increase the recidivism rate. :unsure:

“While initial incarceration prevents crime through incapacitation, studies show that each additional sentence year causes a 4 to 7 percent increase in recidivism that eventually outweighs the incapacitation benefit” (Gascón, 2020, p. 1). Sentence Length and Recidivism: A Review of the Research

Goes to show that large scale firearms schemes are highly vulnerable to law enforcement.

Your understanding is incorrect. Flu and Covid are entirely different families of viruses.
I'll own that one. I was in a hurry and thinking flu when I should have been thinking common cold.
Covid is more dangerous.

I am not sure from what source you need to hear that to believe it. I’m pretty sure none.
common-cold coronaviruses This is more what I was thinking.

I don't know what a covid bug looks like. I only know what I am told as most others.

We are told we need assault weapons with high capacity magazine clips to be safe. We have more than every developed nation on the planet- put together- and they are still safer. Turns out we are the least safe. The theory is obviously wrong.
If we were told by the Talking Heads of the MSM we needed them and politicians agreed then we would have them I suspect without any hoopla.

I'll own that one. I was in a hurry and thinking flu when I should have been thinking common cold.

common-cold coronaviruses This is more what I was thinking.

I don't know what a covid bug looks like. I only know what I am told as most others.

If we were told by the Talking Heads of the MSM we needed them and politicians agreed then we would have them I suspect without any hoopla.

You really need better sources of information. You are being seriously misinformed, most likely intentionally and deliberately.

No. Cities fundamentally have more crime in their bad neighborhoods than rural areas. That’s been true throughout the world, throughout history. To say you don’t care because you think they are just immoral and fundamentally “different” than you, so they deserve what they get, and you don’t want to be inconvenienced by their problems, etc.. is to say you don’t care about a large part of your nation.

If you don’t care about their plight and problems, why should they care about yours? And if you have a nation divided against itself in all sorts of ways like that: rural vs urban, by races, religions, various ethnicities, social classes, etc, etc,… can you really have a nation anymore?
You don't seem to care about others who need guns to keep safe. So enough with the hypocricy.

I care about ALL my fellow LAW ABIDING American citizens. No matter race, sex, politics, financial status, or any other thing you can think of. I don't give three shats about lawless thugs and other criminals be they in urban inner cities or rural areas. Nothing gives them the right or justification to break the law and harm innocents.

And once again my resistance to UBC'S has little or no effect on the guy in Chicago killing his rival gang banger. There are more than enough straw purchased or stolen guns to supply all who want them. Since you refuse to punish the lawless guilty thugs you continue the tremendous demand. Like with dope where there is a demand a supply will arrive. Cons get drugs in jail so getting a gun on the street is easy.

You don't seem to care about others who need guns to keep safe. So enough with the hypocricy.

Oh please. Unless you’re living in some war zone or something, no one needs anything more than a small handgun to keep safe.

The hunting argument I can buy, sort of. Most countries have special licenses for that.

And I don’t buy this idea that you need these weapons just in case we have war. Ukraine had very common sense gun laws prior to the Russian invasion. In case of something like that kind of invasion here, you are going to need a hekuvalot more than just those little guns though. Do you think we should have Stinger and Javelyn missiles on sale at Walmart here just in case War breaks out?

And once again my resistance to UBC'S has little or no effect on the guy in Chicago killing his rival gang banger. There are more than enough straw purchased or stolen guns to supply all who want them. Since you refuse to punish the lawless guilty thugs you continue the tremendous demand. Like with dope where there is a demand a supply will arrive. Cons get drugs in jail so getting a gun on the street is easy.

Sure they do. This is like saying there’s no point having traffic lights at intersections because outlaws are going to break them anyway.

UBCs work if done right:

“ “Using completely different datasets, we’ve confirmed the same thing,” says Siegel, an SPH professor of community health sciences. “The main lesson that comes out of this research is that we know which laws work. Despite the fact that opponents of gun regulation are saying, ‘We don’t know what’s going on, it’s mental health issues, it’s these crazy people,’ which doesn’t lend itself to a solution—the truth is that we have a pretty good grasp at what’s going on. People who shouldn’t have access to guns are getting access.”

Siegel’s latest study, published July 30, 2019, in the Journal of Rural Health, reinforces previous research findings that laws designed to regulate who has firearms are more effective in reducing shootings than laws designed to control what types of guns are permitted. The study looked at gun regulation state by state in comparison with FBI data about gun homicides, gathered from police departments around the country. Analysis revealed that universal background checks, permit requirements, “may issue” laws (where local authorities have discretion in approving who can carry a concealed weapon), and laws banning people convicted of violent misdemeanors from possessing firearms are, individually and collectively, significantly able to reduce gun-related deaths.”

You really need better sources of information. You are being seriously misinformed, most likely intentionally and deliberately.

If anyone was a candidate for Covid it should be me and I just recently got papered (shots) and had a covid test about one week ago and it was neg. In fact our house hold went quite awhile without shots and we weren't exactly living in quarantine.

Why do you suppose that political leadership in cities is "pitiful" ?
That is simple to answer. That is because we elect party puppets bought and paid for by the rich and powerful instead of leaders who will do our bidding. One day hopefully we will remove the party blinders and see these losers for who they really are. But for now they use their media to play us like a fiddle. They keep us equally divided with the illusion that if only our party were to win everything will be better. Clearly we are not smart enough to see through the illusion. It is hell to be stupid.

Back
Top Bottom