• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Large firearms trafficking scheme" BUSTED...

Good to see more (sick) gun freaks BUSTED... (y)

your desired gun control laws would not impact corrupt cops.

LaCourse used his position as police chief to import fully automatic machine guns under the guise that the weapons would be demonstrated to his department for possible purchase, prosecutors said.

LOL … HIGHLY amusing watching resident pathetic gun-humpers (predictably) flail

How the hell was this "slowkey" PUNK able to purchase 146 GUNS (and it looks like THOUSANDS of rounds of ammunition) in that filthy, rotten, southern red SHITHOLE known as georgia between MAY AND NOVEMBER OF 2020???

In a SANE country (or state) all kinds of red flags would've been flyin' up around the little punk.

Pure f***in' INSANITY...
I tend to agree. All partisanship aside, it seems to me the laws in Georgia are way too lax. What human being needs to buy 146 guns in 7 months? Regardless of what party he is, it's Georgia that is allowing this sort of thing, as well as some other states.

This is lunacy. It's no wonder there are more guns in America than there are citizens.

#1 Yes a slippery slope. We are already on it. Look up the ATF time to crime program. Once they get registration, AKA UBC's, then it's just a matter of getting enough activist justices to flip the court and it's over.
You may be on it (the slippery slope), the rest of us live on solid level ground. ;)
#2 Lol really this must be explained to you? A criminal doesn't follow laws. Someone committing acts of violence with a firearm has already broken multiple laws currently on the books. I submit that they will continue to break any new law. History proves me right. What a dumb statement. Also having spoken with hundreds if not thousands of gun owners over the years on this issue, most will not be turning on their guns. That's why I have said many times that there will be an awful lot of gun trees growing with all the "seeds" that will be planted if it ever happens.
Lol, are gun trees like money trees?
#3 Yes I can find many.
Show us.
Those who suggest that prison isn't a good answer do so because of the recidivism rates. They seek a method of punishment that corrects the bad behavior. That simply doesnt exist.
Wrong. Rehabilitate or punish?
Incarceration is not meant to be fun, of course. But a combination of strict sentencing guidelines, budget shortfalls and a punitive philosophy of corrections has made today's prisons much more unpleasant--and much less likely to rehabilitate their inhabitants--than in the past, many researchers say.
Researchers have also found that the pessimistic "nothing works" attitude toward rehabilitation that helped justify punitive prison policies in the 1970s was overstated. When properly implemented, work programs, education and psychotherapy can ease prisoners' transitions to the free world, says Haney.
Going soft allows for easy reoffending while going hard causes more recidivism. Nothing tried in between works and its the people who suffer via violent crime for the mistakes. So we are left with simply keeping citizens safe. It matters little what prison does to someone. While they are incarcerated they are not offending. Those who cannot reform will reoffend and thats why I say they should be in prisoned for life.
If you don't want to be hit with these draconian laws there is a very simple answer.........simply don't commit violent crime.

#4 Nothing works for everyone. Some folks are just evil. Ask any sheriff or police chief and they will tell you that it's a small group of peeps committing the vast majority of violent crime. Give you one guess how many crimes they can commit from behind bars.

#5 Can't reoffend from behind bars. If they do give them life. The safery of our citizens trumps the criminals rights. They have forfitted their lives by preying on innocent civilians. The death penalty would be better but I'm not president.
Life is so simple in a black and white reality, but most of us prefer the challenges of living in a technicolor world.

"YOU get a gun. YOU get a gun. YOU get a gun. YOU get a gun.
There. IF a problem comes, we aaaaaaaall packin. Problem solved." -Archie Bunker

I tend to agree. All partisanship aside, it seems to me the laws in Georgia are way too lax. What human being needs to buy 146 guns in 7 months? Regardless of what party he is, it's Georgia that is allowing this sort of thing, as well as some other states.

This is lunacy. It's no wonder there are more guns in America than there are citizens.
Let's think this through. What laws would properly be able to prevent this assuming the person passed a background check. You don't lose a constitutional right because you exercised it a bunch.

Let's think this through. What laws would properly be able to prevent this assuming the person passed a background check. You don't lose a constitutional right because you exercised it a bunch.
I'm not sure. But allowing unlimited gun sales leads to this exact sort of thing. If they were in fact purchased legally, there should be an annual or monthly limit on firearm purchases.

I am sure you heard about the shooting at a party in Pittsburg the other night. Over 200 shots fired. What in the hell do we need this many people (young people at that), hanging around packing?

There just has to be a better way.

#1You may be on it (the slippery slope), the rest of us live on solid level ground. ;)

#2Lol, are gun trees like money trees?

#3Show us.

#4Wrong. Rehabilitate or punish?
Incarceration is not meant to be fun, of course. But a combination of strict sentencing guidelines, budget shortfalls and a punitive philosophy of corrections has made today's prisons much more unpleasant--and much less likely to rehabilitate their inhabitants--than in the past, many researchers say.
Researchers have also found that the pessimistic "nothing works" attitude toward rehabilitation that helped justify punitive prison policies in the 1970s was overstated. When properly implemented, work programs, education and psychotherapy can ease prisoners' transitions to the free world, says Haney.

#5Life is so simple in a black and white reality, but most of us prefer the challenges of living in a technicolor world.

#6"YOU get a gun. YOU get a gun. YOU get a gun. YOU get a gun.
There. IF a problem comes, we aaaaaaaall packin. Problem solved." -Archie Bunker
#1 People like you will be even more effected by the results of that slippery slope. Criminals and citizens unwilling to give up their guns will own you. It happened in Venezuela and it can happen here. Keep your head in the sand. Just as with your decision NOT to carry a firearm, your life your choice. I don't care. I have tried to educate and convince you to no avail. If it ever comes true no one I know will help anyone who knowingly fought against our freedoms.

#2 A gun tree is a joke. A way to describe what will happen if guns are ever banned. Folks will simply bury them like seeds.

#3 Can't remember this and not wasting the time going back.

#4 You keep posting all that gibberish yet everywhere soft or weak is tried, crime explodes. Liberal areas are the worst.

#5 More of your ignorant psychobabble. Your way of living of course is color and ours black and white lol.

#6 YOU remind me of Meat Head great example! Thanks for the laugh.

I'm not sure. But allowing unlimited gun sales leads to this exact sort of thing. If they were in fact purchased legally, there should be an annual or monthly limit on firearm purchases.

I am sure you heard about the shooting at a party in Pittsburg the other night. Over 200 shots fired. What in the hell do we need this many people (young people at that), hanging around packing?

Did you see the South Carolina mall shooting? One of the suspects was released on bail the same day. Just another example of soft on crime officials allowing wolves to prey on innocents.

What example is being set in this example?????

S.C. mall shooter released on bail same day!

OR

S.C. mall shooter's shooting hand is removed by government officials minutes after admitting to the crime.

Which would be more effective?

How the hell was this "slowkey" PUNK able to purchase 146 GUNS (and it looks like THOUSANDS of rounds of ammunition) in that filthy, rotten, southern red SHITHOLE known as georgia between MAY AND NOVEMBER OF 2020???

How did he buy so many guns?

Illegally. By entering into a criminal conspiracy with 11 people. And he was caught, under existing laws.

How you both managed to miss that detail defies belief.

#3 Can't remember this and not wasting the time going back.
Then let me remind you. You said "If you want to ACTUALLY stop gun violence simply keep violent criminals in jail longer including life in prison if caught a second time." I asked, "Can you find one respected criminologist who will agree with that statement?"
To which you replied "Yes I can find many." Hence the request "Show us." Can you show us?
#4 You keep posting all that gibberish yet everywhere soft or weak is tried, crime explodes. Liberal areas are the worst.
Another unsupported claim along with your usual partisan gibberish.
#5 More of your ignorant psychobabble. Your way of living of course is color and ours black and white lol.
It's not babble when you understand the language. How Black and White Thinking Hurts You

"This thought pattern, which the American Psychological Association also calls dichotomous or polarized thinking, is considered a cognitive distortion because it keeps us from seeing the world as it often is: complex, nuanced, and full of all the shades in between."

"An all-or-nothing mindset doesn’t allow us to find the middle ground."

But you and Archie are not interested in a middle ground, are you? ;)

if you buy two or more handguns from the same dealer within five business days, the dealer is required to send a "multiple purchase" report to the ATF.. How many of those people were legally permitted to pack firearms? How many were carrying more than one firearm?

And it is mine that he represents laws not being enforced. He quite literally got away with murder.
I don't think you know what "literally" means. He was charged, stood trial, and was acquitted. That's an example of law being enforced.

Back
Top Bottom