• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

LaGuardia Flights Halted as Shutdown Hits Air-Traffic Staffing

I love LA, great neighborhoods, Silver Lake, Los Feliz, etc. So much to do and see, but the traffic...oy...

The problem is that it's all so spread apart. Most of the good stuff in New York is concentrated and therefore requires just a couple days in one general area of the city. Los Angeles requires roughly a week in order to make sure you're not caught up in rush hour.

Trump is taking the blame for this. His numbers have dropped to where they were when he publicly supported the KKK and Neo Nazis.

Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People'

Trump took the blame for it last month, on camera. It apparently turns out to be the one time his supporters do NOT believe his words. They believe everything else he says, but when he says that he owns the shutdown, they scream fake nooz.

The smart people in society know whose fault this shutdown is. It's Trump's.

So, LaGuardia is putting out fake news about their own airport? :lamo

LaGuardia Airport
(@LGAairport)
Due to staffing shortages at FAA air traffic control centers along the East Coast, there are major delays at LGA. Confirm your flight with your airline. [32]

Trump must love you.

Where does it say flights are halted at LaGuardia because of lack of air traffic controllers at their airport?

I don't give a damn about the opinions of people who want a wall to do their job for them.

I care about numbers. Facts. YOU care about masturbatory toddler fantasies and the drug induced paranoid delusions of rich jews that created them, Nunberg and Stone.
we know you don't give a crap about facts. like most liberals they don't like facts either.

Your president is finding a problem for his solution.
YOU and the Republicans OWN this.
Elections have consequences.

yes they do hae consequences as pelosi refuses to uphold her oath of office to get people back to work and secure the border.
in the mean time she is trying to jet set around the world on the tax payers dime and just sent the house on a 3 day weekend.

mean while there are people still working to while wondering how they are going to feed their family and schumer and company
just filibustered a bill that would get them paid.

so continue your political hackery. no one believes you and the facts are the facts.
democrats own this shut down. they started the shut down back in december and still continue to bar the way
of getting bills passed to open up government.

I don't give a damn about the opinions of people who want a wall to do their job for them.

I care about numbers. Facts. YOU care about masturbatory toddler fantasies and the drug induced paranoid delusions of rich jews that created them, Nunberg and Stone.

2/3 of illegals overstay visas.
1/3 come in through other means - a lot of them through legal points of entry.

Your president is finding a problem for his solution.

YOU and the Republicans OWN this.

Elections have consequences.

The only thing you stated that makes any sense is election have consequences. Your statement about the "wall" doing their job shows your total lack of understanding of the issue.
You seem to turn a blinds eye to those who enter without going through ports of entry.

Yes, within the number of illegal immigrants many have overstayed their visa and came through legal points of entry and stayed. That does not address the issue of those entering the US at non port of entry places. They just had on the news that almost 300 entered Arizona by getting past the existing physical barrier. I would listen to the rank and file of the Border Patrol for what is effective and what is not. Guess you would not listen to an engineer/architect in planning a house.

Unlike you I hold all of Congress and the President responsible. If Congress would follow the normal schedule for developing and passing a budget we would not be in this mess. The budget issue exists way before Trump. It involves Democrats, Republicans and Independents. What I see is our elected officials acting like spoiled children. I suggest that those who are up for reelection in 2020 be voted OUT.

we know you don't give a crap about facts. like most liberals they don't like facts either.

yes they do hae consequences as pelosi refuses to uphold her oath of office to get people back to work and secure the border.
in the mean time she is trying to jet set around the world on the tax payers dime and just sent the house on a 3 day weekend.

mean while there are people still working to while wondering how they are going to feed their family and schumer and company
just filibustered a bill that would get them paid.

so continue your political hackery. no one believes you and the facts are the facts.
democrats own this shut down. they started the shut down back in december and still continue to bar the way
of getting bills passed to open up government.

Tell me, how many illegals walked in over the border vrs how many came in and overstayed their visas?

I rest my case.

The only thing you stated that makes any sense is election have consequences. Your statement about the "wall" doing their job shows your total lack of understanding of the issue.
You seem to turn a blinds eye to those who enter without going through ports of entry.

Yes, within the number of illegal immigrants many have overstayed their visa and came through legal points of entry and stayed. That does not address the issue of those entering the US at non port of entry places. They just had on the news that almost 300 entered Arizona by getting past the existing physical barrier. I would listen to the rank and file of the Border Patrol for what is effective and what is not. Guess you would not listen to an engineer/architect in planning a house.

Unlike you I hold all of Congress and the President responsible. If Congress would follow the normal schedule for developing and passing a budget we would not be in this mess. The budget issue exists way before Trump. It involves Democrats, Republicans and Independents. What I see is our elected officials acting like spoiled children. I suggest that those who are up for reelection in 2020 be voted OUT.

If illegal immigration numbers are down, and the overall amount of folks here illegally ENTERED legally, and the remaining strata is an overwhelming MINORITY of folks that -MAY- have come across an un-walled border, then you tell me why I should agree with ponying up my tax dollars for this issue.

You tell me who has done a study, not word of mouth nonsense from border patrol - a real study, showing the necessity of the wall.

Again, I rest my case.

The numbers are against you.

as usual nothing to do with the topic.

facts are facts schumer is the one that continues to filibuster bills that would open the government, pay people and protect the border.

Why are you being deceitful about my post? You said schumer will be held responsible for the shutdown, I pointed out that according to polls Trump is being held responsible.

You just don't like being reminded of the fact that Trump publicly supported the KKK and Neo Nazis. Sorry, but suck it up.

"3 day weekend?" You made it sound like they are off on vacation. Nothing could be further from the truth. But then again it is FAUX news.

Yeah, Ludin did something similar when responding to one of my posts. Not cool.

Fox is still slanting the story about the whole shutdown towards trump by blaming the democrats for not taking trump's offers to end the shutdown.

Yeah we know, the RW echo chamber here at DP is resounding with parrots who can't think for themselves, regurgitating the Fox official line. They say it there, it comes out here. The thing is, if you want to USE that line, you're supposed to be the ORIGINATOR, not the parrot.

It's supposed to be "I say it HERE, it comes out THERE."

https://vimeo.com/249865550

"3 day weekend?" You made it sound like they are off on vacation. Nothing could be further from the truth. But then again it is FAUX news.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday. that would be a three day weekend would it not?

not sure what part of this you don't seem to understand. frankly they shouldn't get a weekend off as they are failing miserably.
but i expect that from democrats to constantly just fail miserably.

In the very same story, of course down at the bottom, the reporter is forced to give the real reason.. Man, do you folks veen read this stuff?

LOL = Fake Newsed again!

Tim-

I guess you don't understand how air traffic staffing works...

I guess you don't understand how air traffic staffing works...

I know this wasn't addressed to me but...

You mean it's important to have alert, properly staffed, air traffic control centers? Surely a mistake wouldn't matter that much.

(Sorry, couldn't resist, it seems so obvious, but apparently not for some of the base.)

I know this wasn't addressed to me but...

You mean it's important to have alert, properly staffed, air traffic control centers? Surely a mistake wouldn't matter that much.

(Sorry, couldn't resist, it seems so obvious, but apparently not for some of the base.)

I keep thinking back to that Breaking Bad season with the plane crash.

Back
Top Bottom