• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ladies Using Men's Bathrooms - True story

What is your concern about needing a new restroom structure in, say, schools of 1,000 students to accommodate a transsexual rate of .001 or to accommodate a transsexual and psychological rate of .01? For the school with 1,000 students, that could be as low as 1 student or as high as 10 students needing different restroom accommodations. Why waste the time and resources for so little gain? Why are you so concerned about this issue?

Please point out where I said there needs to be a new bathroom structure in school. I have been pretty clear in how I recommend changing and bathroom usage should be for students. It causes no issues or problems for non-trans students, and makes trans students FAR less self conscious and doesn't trigger their GDD... and since I treat patients with GDD, it is certainly my concern to make sure that the GDD has as little a chance to get triggered as possible.

I do agree with SD to that these laws would allow any one with a penis into the female restrooms, et al and anyone with a vagina into the male equivalents regardless of whether they actually identify as trans or not. But for some reason, not supported by facts, he believes that this elevates some perceived danger. The intent of the law may be about transsexuals, but let's at least be honest here; the intent and the wording don't always go hand in hand.

I'd be happy to discuss that part of the issue with SD if he would respond to my question. He's dodging it because by answering honestly, he harms his position.

And it's just flabbergasting that people can't see that.

They refuse to because they are far too invested in their "but what about the children" idiotic appeal to emotion logical fallacy.

Here are some facts:

Transsexuals have been using the bathroom of the gender of which they identify for YEARS. You all have probably been in there with one and didn't know it.
Transsexuals are extremely uncomfortable with their appearance and concerned about being able to appear as the other gender. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES would a transsexual in that situation want to draw attention to themselves.
Transsexuals are FAR more likely to be victims of sexual assault then to be the perpetrators. In general, due to their personal make up, transsexuals are VERY unlikely to sexually abuse anyone.
Transsexuals have one purpose for going into a public restroom: to use the toilet.

These laws and concerns are nothing more than butthurt backlash from stupid conservatives, upset that they lost the SSM war. Restricting transsexuals from certain public bathrooms does NOTHING to prevent sexual assaults. It's like restricting law abiding gun owners from owning guns because allowing guns allows criminals to use them.

The people arguing against this are demonstrating a complete lack of education on transsexuality. If they are concerned about sexual predators, make THAT argument. Transsexuals have nothing to do with that.

Transsexuals are FAR more likely to be victims of sexual assault then to be the perpetrators.

You know, this is something most here have over-looked for far too long, and it's worth being highlighted for sure.

:applaud

I would go one step farther and say that they are in far more danger of being assaulted. Period.

You know, this is something most here have over-looked for far too long, and it's worth being highlighted for sure.

:applaud

I would go one step farther and say that they are in far more danger of being assaulted. Period.

Yes, but the elephant in the room that you all do not want to talk about is that this law doesn't just cover transsexuals. Oh damn, I said it. It covers CD/TS/TG and anyone else who feels feminine today.

Yes, but the elephant in the room that you all do not want to talk about is that this law doesn't just cover transsexuals. Oh damn, I said it. It covers CD/TS/TG and anyone else who feels feminine today.

Are you aware that 90% of children who get abused/molested actually KNOW the person who molests them?
Do you know how many of those who molest kids are actually FAMILY members?

Do you ever really care to know and/or understand what in hell's half-acre you're talking about?

Are you aware that 90% of children who get abused/molested actually KNOW the person who molests them?
Do you know how many of those who molest kids are actually FAMILY members?

Do you ever really care to know and/or understand what in hell's half-acre you're talking about?
I don't think he has yet to actually claim that there will be assaults, just that there will be penises in the women's restroom. Something he has done. He won't even say what problem there is with penises in the women's restroom or why there is no problem with vaginas in the men's restroom.

Wow, that is insightful. Really less than 1% of the population. Interesting. Yet, could that number hurt the business of several Target stores? Even worse if they decide to do things like go into the women's bathroom to test it? Protest out front? Sure they won't hurt Target in California but what about Bethlehem, Georgia? Small towns like that? Time magazine says that there is a group that is doing it. Will there be more? Religious people are scary. They are gullible and will do a lot of things in the name of their God.

Group Sending Men to Women's Restrooms To Challenge Target

So a group opposed to the law, because the kids, is telling men to use the women's room at Target? But what about the kids?

So a group opposed to the law, because the kids, is telling men to use the women's room at Target? But what about the kids?

I didn't say that I agreed with them. I simply presented a story that is in the news.

Wow, that is insightful. Really less than 1% of the population. Interesting. Yet, could that number hurt the business of several Target stores? Even worse if they decide to do things like go into the women's bathroom to test it? Protest out front? Sure they won't hurt Target in California but what about Bethlehem, Georgia? Small towns like that? Time magazine says that there is a group that is doing it. Will there be more? Religious people are scary. They are gullible and will do a lot of things in the name of their God.

Group Sending Men to Women's Restrooms To Challenge Target

Let me get this straight. They think that little girls seeing guys in the ladies room will traumatize them? So, they send guys into the ladies room, knowing that (in their mind) that will traumatize little girls??? Evidently, they don't care about little girls at all.

Actually, the elephant in the room is that the law is AIMED towards transsexuals, something that you just don't want to address.

Actually, the elephant in the room is that the law is AIMED towards transsexuals, something that you just don't want to address.

I think his true "concern" is that straight guys that are "perverts" are going to use this law as a reason to enter ladies rooms and seek out "prey".
If, and/or when confronted, they will simply say: "Wait, we're transgender/transsexual, so we can be in here with our penises and stuff because that's the law now."

Thereby using some kind of "loop hole" in the law to do their "perverted" and "devious" deeds.

I think his true "concern" is that straight guys that are "perverts" are going to use this law as a reason to enter ladies rooms and seek out "prey".
If, and/or when confronted, they will simply say: "Wait, we're transgender/transsexual, so we can be in here with our penises and stuff because that's the law now."

Thereby using some kind of "loop hole" in the law to do their "perverted" and "devious" deeds.

I'm sure. So, it might be a good idea to find a way to address these "perverts" without causing problems for law-abiding citizens... kinda what we do with gun laws and free speech.

I'm sure. So, it might be a good idea to find a way to address these "perverts" without causing problems for law-abiding citizens... kinda what we do with gun laws and free speech.

Funny thing, when my daughters were small, they NEVER entered a public restroom without one of their parents, grandparents, or aunts. It just never happened.

Not sure why it ever would.

So the creepy "pervert" would encounter an adult with my child. Why wouldn't this be the case with every parent/child in a public restroom?

Something doesn't look "right" - parent hauls child out of bathroom and finds another one. Or calls 911.

This isn't rocket science. It's going pee-pee.

Back
Top Bottom