• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

KUDOS To Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller ......... For Telling it like it is.

The military needs more good officers like him.

He may have just been fired, but I'll bet there are many many young Marines who would follow him anywhere.

He resigned.

Continued meltdown...... I knew there was fundraising angle here..

Col Scheller should have been led away in restraints after his initial posting, imo.

Don't promote his ass. :)
I never addressed a light colonel as LT. Col unless I was pissed.

Aside: one block of instruction in basic was presided over by a PFC. His greeting was returned with more gusto than normal……Good Morning, PRIVATE!

Truth my ass. It might have been less than ideal, but of course the pathetic partisan hacks exaggerate it. They probably supported the terorrist attack that happened so they can whien about Biden. Biden didn't start this disgrace of a war, the war mongering right wing cowards did. At least Biden had the balls to get out

You people also ignore Trump release 5000 Taliban prisoners, and withdrew the amount of troops to a small amount. And the fact nobody expected the pathetic Afghan Army to fold in days, weeks if not months, which would have been plenty of time to evacuate. And that's on more than Biden, that's on 20 years of failed military action, that's on failed intelligence, failure to train the Afghan army, failure on Trump for not including Afghan government in deal with Taliban. And we know why he did that, intentionally to put Biden in a bad place. BEcause he is that much of a scumbag, just like his supporters

That's a random stupid complaint. We're at a political debate forum, not your Facebook page. Trump is likely to come up a lot. Do you go to freshwater fishing forums and complain people talk about bass?
Probably, c
And the troops are worse off for it and will suffer greater casualties for it as well. So stupid. Just so stupid, this 'woke' shit in the military.

Who were the ones pushing for Iraq invasion? That killed thousands of troops, left even more scarred from war, and for what? BEcause right wingers are hateful ******s? YOu people actually caused military death and injury by your stupid war mongering. And you want to blame it on pronouns? You have no credibility what so ever

I was wondering how many posts it would take before someone tried to make this conversation about Trump and Covid. The answer was nine.
Why would you wonder? The withdrawal started with Trump, so he is completely relevant.

What is predictable is you people just deflecting because you don't actually have an argument, you never do

Why would you wonder? The withdrawal started with Trump, so he is completely relevant.

What is predictable is you people just deflecting because you don't actually have an argument, you never do
Remind me again which part of Trump deal Biden followed? Was it getting all troops out by May or was it the part where he didn't allow the Taliban to become aggressive and interfere with our security during the drawdown.

I never addressed a light colonel as LT. Col unless I was pissed.

Aside: one block of instruction in basic was presided over by a PFC. His greeting was returned with more gusto than normal……Good Morning, PRIVATE!
We aren't speaking though, we're writing. Furthermore, rank is addressed differently in the Marine Corps than the Army.

Remind me again which part of Trump deal Biden followed? Was it getting all troops out by May or was it the part where he didn't allow the Taliban to become aggressive and interfere with our security during the drawdown.
More dumb deflecting questions. You made a dumb comment and it was pointed out. Now you want to deflect again. Do you people not realize asking dumb questions is not making an argument? Trump made the deal with the Taliban to withdraw, released 5000 Taliban prisoners that joined their army to take over afghanistan, reduced troops to 2500. So stop deflecting from your idiotic comment. Trump is relevant to the withdrawal, he set it in motion. So please stop pretending mentioning Trump in this is nuts. The only thing nuts is how dishonest and clueless you people are

He may have just been fired, but I'll bet there are many many young Marines who would follow him anywhere.
How about the guy who was fired from his Aircraft commander position for trying to protect his people from the virus? I recall the wingnuts thought differently on that one.

We aren't speaking though, we're writing. Furthermore, rank is addressed differently in the Marine Corps than the Army.
We are technically writing. When I participate here, in is in a conversational manner. I have interacted with a number of serving USMC Lt. Col,s after my service, I always used Colonel ________ when I spoke to them.

I was never corrected by them.

More dumb deflecting questions. You made a dumb comment and it was pointed out. Now you want to deflect again. Do you people not realize asking dumb questions is not making an argument? Trump made the deal with the Taliban to withdraw, released 5000 Taliban prisoners that joined their army to take over afghanistan, reduced troops to 2500. So stop deflecting from your idiotic comment. Trump is relevant to the withdrawal, he set it in motion. So please stop pretending mentioning Trump in this is nuts. The only thing nuts is how dishonest and clueless you people are
You're confused. The conversation isn't about disagreeing with the decision to pull out of Afghanistan. The conversation is around a serviceman complaining about the botched evacuation effort and the lack of accountability for the mistakes that were made... namely closing Bagram early, leaving Americans behind, etc. Those mistakes were not Trump's fault. Blaming Trump and crying about Covid-19 ( :ROFLMAO: ) in response to the mistakes the military command/Biden admin made in their withdrawal is silly.

Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller said:
"The reason people are so upset on social media right now is not because the Marine on the battlefield let someone down. That service member always rose to the occasion and done extraordinary things," Scheller said. "People are upset because their senior leaders let them down and none of them are raising their hands and accepting accountability or saying, ‘We messed this up.'"

"I'm not saying we've got to be in Afghanistan forever. But I am saying, did any of you throw your rank on the table and say, ‘Hey, it's a bad idea to evacuate Bagram Airfield, a strategic airbase, before we evacuate everyone'? Did anyone do that? And when you didn't think to do that, did anyone raise their hand and say, ‘We completely messed this up'?" asked Scheller.

He's asking for accountability. Trump didn't force Biden to close our most strategic airfield early as the Taliban was taking over. Trump didn't make Biden change his withdrawal date and leave Americans behind. Trump is not responsible for decisions that were made long after he left office. That's not accountability, that's blame shifting. Try to keep up with the discussion.

Last edited:

Then that will be to the unemployment line... ✌️

If only the military had a thousand of that guy.

lol

Back
Top Bottom