• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has cancerous nodules removed from lung

Ruth Ginsberg is resting comfortably after surgery to remove two nodules from her lung but at her age I have to wonder how long liberal judge Ginsberg can continue to serve the court.
Will she retire forcing Trump another opportunity for a nominee pick? I hope so.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has cancerous nodules removed from lung

ETA: MODS please merge with Renae's thread in breaking news.
Thanks....

So who's the next sacrificial lamb to be accused of being a Closet Rapist/Racist/ChildMolester/Nazi/etc?

When the new SC nominee is chosen by Trump, then what kind of slander campaign will the Left attempt to bring against them?

What stunt will be used for this? Will it be testimony based on therapy sessions 40 years later? Will it be a faded grainy photograph taken in a snowstorm in pitch darkness? Will it be a new Steele Dossier?

Which of course is false and you know it. Says more about you than the person your attacking

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

At least two conservatives in this thread have no difficulty seeing other conservatives' ghoulish behavior.

Good luck with that. It would be just as impossible to roll back what Trump's done to date as it would have been if it turned out that Obama really wasn't a natural born citizen.

Pack the court. One way or another this must be made right.

You'll always have hyper-partisans from both sides of the aisle practically dancing at the thought of a political "enemy" of theirs dying - especially if it's someone on SCOTUS. We saw it with Scalia and we'll see it with RBG too. Shame on any of you dancing on the graves (or the thought of graves) of other humans.

Pack the court. One way or another this must be made right.

Nah, you can't ram your agenda down everyone's throats with your Left-wing Bolshevik approach. When you re-make the institutions according to your whims, then you weaken them. At some point, the cleavage in the country would be too sharp, and it won't hold together.

Oh? You also "remember" Democrats licking their chops after Scalia's death as conservatives* are now? What do you "remember," exactly?

*Not all of them, thank god.

Well, yes. You don't?

The good news for RGB is that as much as she is watched it was most likely caught in its early stages.

Its also good news that we dont have SP healthcare. 85yr old women with lung cancer are most likely sent home with a bunch of phentinol patches. Where they stay high waiting to die.

You'll always have hyper-partisans from both sides of the aisle practically dancing at the thought of a political "enemy" of theirs dying - especially if it's someone on SCOTUS. We saw it with Scalia and we'll see it with RBG too. Shame on any of you dancing on the graves (or the thought of graves) of other humans.
And shame on the people who are Falsely accusing someone of doing that. Its equally despicable

Nah, you can't ram your agenda down everyone's throats with your Left-wing Bolshevik approach. When you re-make the institutions according to your whims, then you weaken them. At some point, the cleavage in the country would be too sharp, and it won't hold together.

You probably shouldn't wag your winger after what Trump and Republicans have done.

If the majority approves we can find a way.

Not trying to be morbid nor do I wish any Ill will for her. I am curious though if her or any scotus would become incapacitated to the point they can not do their job, like a coma. What is the mechanism to replace them?

I don't know. Good question though.

I remember several posters here that were celebrating when Scalia died and glad he was going to hell.

I'd really like to know which posters here you "remember" celebrating Scalia's death, as well as who expressed the sentiment that they were "glad he was going to hell."

Well- that's why there needs to be an age limit on justices.

Sad that you want her to have cancer

I'm looking for that quote in the OP and can't find it. Please point it out.

Wait till you see what they do to who ever is nominated to replace her.

Why would we have to wait when we have a recent reminder... Kavanaugh?

I read all your posts in this thread and saw nothing hateful in them.

Thank you. ... Just want to add, I am old enough to be wise enough to consider the source but still... that was really hurtful when in fact i have recently been diagnosed with cancer.

Only in your silly dreams! Never ever going to happen!! Never...... :peace

With boomers on the way out, Gen X and Millennials taking over, a lot of wild stuff is going to happen. The 2020's will be a very transformative decade for America.

So who's the next sacrificial lamb to be accused of being a Closet Rapist/Racist/ChildMolester/Nazi/etc?

When the new SC nominee is chosen by Trump, then what kind of slander campaign will the Left attempt to bring against them?

What stunt will be used for this? Will it be testimony based on therapy sessions 40 years later? Will it be a faded grainy photograph taken in a snowstorm in pitch darkness? Will it be a new Steele Dossier?

Probably. I don't put anything past them anymore...
Some of us have already been accused of being "rape apologists" merely for supporting Kavanaugh, the judge. What's next in their big bag of tricks other than to call their political foes ghoulish cretins who are wishing for an 85 year old woman's death from cancer.

And shame on the people who are Falsely accusing someone of doing that. Its equally despicable

It's even worse... No proof at all that there are people wishing and "praying for Ginsberg's death."
It doesn't take proof anymore. It's the Internet, and any coward can accuse someone of something devious... well, just because.

Last edited:
Well- that's why there needs to be an age limit on justices.

I say if one can do the job, there should not be an age limit, but there should be an unbiased outside professional medical provider that gives our aging justices physical/cognitive exams to determine if they are able to fulfill their job requirements. Someone could get alzheimers at age 60 and not be able to do their job, and someone at age 85 can do it. It just depends. I would hope that all justices have the integrity not to stick it out though because they hate the president in office when in effect, they really should know when to throw in the towel and retire.

What I find ghoulish is accusing a DP poster of wanting Ginsberg to kick the bucket...
That's about as low as one can go...and I won't forget it.

None should accuse you of wanting Ginsberg to kick the bucket. You stated quite clearly that you hoped this illness would cause her to retire. I am sure that means a long and healthy retirement.

Back
Top Bottom