• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Just want to say something nice to all of you

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
I have posted on other political boards and have been disappointed at the childish things that people say to each other.

ABC political board--OMG, it is full of immature people

usmessageboard.com--If you are not a republican, they will all attack you, call you dishonest, and then ban you. I felt like I was back in elementary school.

democratic underground--they are too extreme and too angry, and they really don't communicate with each other.

Here, we all duke out issues and things can get heated, but it makes it so interesting to me. I learn a lot from my fellow posters, and I really enjoy posting with you all (even you KC and GySgt).

Thank you all! :2wave:
 

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Joined
May 19, 2004
Messages
12,176
Reaction score
6,279
Location
Plano, TX
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Thanks aps! :)

We are still looking for a mental institution for teacher, but we can't pay them to take him!! :mrgreen:
 

alphieb

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
1,982
Reaction score
31
Location
Vincennes IN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
aps said:
I have posted on other political boards and have been disappointed at the childish things that people say to each other.

ABC political board--OMG, it is full of immature people

usmessageboard.com--If you are not a republican, they will all attack you, call you dishonest, and then ban you. I felt like I was back in elementary school.

democratic underground--they are too extreme and too angry, and they really don't communicate with each other.

Here, we all duke out issues and things can get heated, but it makes it so interesting to me. I learn a lot from my fellow posters, and I really enjoy posting with you all (even you KC and GySgt).

Thank you all! :2wave:
People say foolish things on the internet, because they can get away with it. They do not have to look you in the eye's as they hide behind their computers and let their demons out. It really shows their true colors. Let them vent, but they should do it in the basement.
 

kal-el

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
aps said:
I have posted on other political boards and have been disappointed at the childish things that people say to each other.

ABC political board--OMG, it is full of immature people

usmessageboard.com--If you are not a republican, they will all attack you, call you dishonest, and then ban you. I felt like I was back in elementary school.

democratic underground--they are too extreme and too angry, and they really don't communicate with each other.

Here, we all duke out issues and things can get heated, but it makes it so interesting to me. I learn a lot from my fellow posters, and I really enjoy posting with you all (even you KC and GySgt).

Thank you all! :2wave:
Yes, I have never been a member at any of those boards, but I can imagine the childish babblings that go on.:2razz: This forum IMO is the best forum out there to discuss politics, ethics, or whatever you feel like. I think this forum demographically is better than others, people seem to be more in-step with reality, and have a better grasp on the issues.
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
kal-el said:
Yes, I have never been a member at any of those boards, but I can imagine the childish babblings that go on.:2razz: This forum IMO is the best forum out there to discuss politics, ethics, or whatever you feel like. I think this forum demographically is better than others, people seem to be more in-step with reality, and have a better grasp on the issues.
kal-el, I would love for you to go check out the usmessageboard.com and tell me what you think. This is what the people do there. They post articles but provide no synthesis as to what they think of the article. They just highlight certain sentences. Boring. When I would post a dissenting opinion, they were all over me. They have a "reputation" thing, where you can say something positive or say something negative about the poster. I felt like I was back in middle school. You can go on there without posting.
 

ddoyle00

Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
246
Reaction score
0
Location
3000 miles east of you
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I like chili dogs! And Alphieb, I have only read 8-10 of of your posts, but you have mentioned demons at least 2 dozen time. That seems a little, odd doesnt it?
 

alphieb

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
1,982
Reaction score
31
Location
Vincennes IN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
ddoyle00 said:
I like chili dogs! And Alphieb, I have only read 8-10 of of your posts, but you have mentioned demons at least 2 dozen time. That seems a little, odd doesnt it?
No, My post where I mentioned that (and not 2 dozen times) was a religious thread and that was relevent to the topic. Sorry if you don't like my choice of words. On this thread I was referring to people being rude.....like yourself. I have read one of your post and it was a bore.
 

ddoyle00

Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
246
Reaction score
0
Location
3000 miles east of you
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Your right...its hard to compare to the bible cause its got it all. Murder, rape, incest, genocidal mass killings. One hell of a reading! A real page turner! A numer one read on the fiction list.

But lets not muddy up Ms. or Mrs. Aps thread. If you want to exorcise (correct spelling) any problems you have with me, create a thread somewhere and I will follow.
 

kal-el

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
aps said:
kal-el, I would love for you to go check out the usmessageboard.com and tell me what you think. This is what the people do there. They post articles but provide no synthesis as to what they think of the article. They just highlight certain sentences. Boring. When I would post a dissenting opinion, they were all over me. They have a "reputation" thing, where you can say something positive or say something negative about the poster. I felt like I was back in middle school. You can go on there without posting.
Ok, I'll check it out, maybe I'll even join just for kicks!
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
kal-el said:
Ok, I'll check it out, maybe I'll even join just for kicks!
Yes yes! They have completely banned me from even accessing their website. It is hilarious, kal-el. I have no idea what I said that caused them to ban me (except disagree with them). LOL
 

kal-el

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
aps said:
Yes yes! They have completely banned me from even accessing their website. It is hilarious, kal-el. I have no idea what I said that caused them to ban me (except disagree with them). LOL
It seems ok, even though I didn't spend sufficient time on there. It seems, appearnence anyway, like all the rest of the discussion forums.
 
Top Bottom