• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Juno actor Ellen Page publicly comes out as a transgender male named Elliot and tells fans in a statement: 'My pronouns are he/they' - as wife of two

It doesn't sound like empathy when you consider their gender identity, one of the major factors in what makes "you" "you", a "mental issue."
It is a mental issue - gender dysphoria. And I feel sorry for these people.

Women are generally socialized to take one for the team and many will appreciate the irony. They'll be okay.
That is incredibly racist and sexist

If I told a woman she is socialized to take one for the team at work she would be rightfully insulted.

That is incredibly racist and sexist

If I told a woman she is socialized to take one for the team at work she would be rightfully insulted.

You started the One Team Movement. I'm a hapless acolyte.

It's under sociology (a college as opposed to a department, I'd guess) and includes many disciplines such as anthropology and economics. It's interdisciplinary by nature. My program was Interdisciplinary Ecology UF. My MSc Intl. Env. Sci. is from Europe. Before that, Gulf 1, I was a paratrooper (no combat).

So your Ph.D is in interdisciplinary Ecology at the University of Florida with a specialization in gender. You have a Master's in Science in International Environmental Science from a university in Europe and you participated In Gulf I, which had an ending.

Where did you study in Europe? Did you study in English? What did you do as a paratrooper during Gulf I that did not involve combat? Had you already earned your MS?

Where do you go from here?

lol

We're not talking about drag queens or drag kings -- who do pretend to be the opposite sex, mostly for entertainment, and sometimes to criticize gender norms.. Drag is more socially acceptable, and that's a good thing.

(We're also not talking about crossdressers, who derive sexual pleasure from dressing as a member of the opposite sex.)

Anyway. We're talking about transgenderism, which is very different. The majority of transgender individuals actually experience distress as a result of the mismatch between their biological features, and their sense of their own gender identity.

Cultural norms and social structures are a pretty important part of "the world." So yes, when society changes, the world changes.
I am talking about transgenderism.

With the exception of certain, incredibly rare genetic disorders, people classified as "transgender" are biologically one gender and present themselves as another. Sometimes by superficial means and sometimes through cosmetic surgery. Regardless, the motivations fo why someone wishes to present themselves as a gender they are not does not alter the fact that it is a masquerade no matter how you -- ahem -- slice it.

So your Ph.D is in interdisciplinary Ecology at the University of Florida with a specialization in gender. You have a Master's in Science in International Environmental Science from a university in Europe and you participated In Gulf I, which had an ending.

Where did you study in Europe? Did you study in English? What did you do as a paratrooper during Gulf I that did not involve combat? Had you already earned your MS?

Where do you go from here?

This thread has taken a wonderful turn. Chilluns, pull up your seats and prepare to be regaled by the tales of Eco.

That's joking but I really do feel that way. So... I enlisted Aug 6, days after the 82nd was deployed. They offered 10th Mtn but I demanded 82nd infantry. I waited for an hour or more before they returned with the offer of delayed enlistment until Dec. 11xa and assignment to the 82nd. I spent those months running and working out. While I was in basic/ait, the air war started. While in jump school, the ground war started and ended in a period of about two weeks. I arrived at Ft. Bragg as the first new guy following their return.

My Masters is from Lund University, Sweden, an international program taught in English by professors from across the university. My thesis regards a rural village in Africa, one I then lived with for months. I returned to the same village for independent research in 2006 and lived there from 2010-2012 conducting dissertation research (a longitudinal study). I had no outside contact, no electricity, no running water and a tin roof for that time. I posted occasionally from an organic college I work with and the village market which has a cell tower.

I saved money for a few years. I have what I need to buy land and retire at 50. I'll teach and lobby the national tea board and put my feet up under a shade tree. I've many friends there I miss dearly.

Pics of me in the village at my profile/albums.

It's not poor people. It's the wet side of Mt. Kenya (Kanja Market). Acres of tea provide year round cash crop income and all the children go to school. I'm not trying to save anyone. It's the best tropical democratic farm land and cash crop I've found and a great community. I'm retiring to the cush life, not a desert with hunger and flies.

For the cornerstones of my worldview, see signature. See also, username and user title.

This thread has taken a wonderful turn. Chilluns, pull up your seats and prepare to be regaled by the tales of Eco.

That's joking but I really do feel that way. So... I enlisted Aug 6, days after the 82nd was deployed. They offered 10th Mtn but I demanded 82nd infantry. I waited for an hour or more before they returned with the offer of delayed enlistment until Dec. 11xa and assignment to the 82nd. I spent those months running and working out. While I was in basic/ait, the air war started. While in jump school, the ground war started and ended in a period of about two weeks. I arrived at Ft. Bragg as the first new guy following their return.

My Masters is from Lund University, Sweden, an international program taught in English by professors from across the university. My thesis regards a rural village in Africa, one I then lived with for months. I returned to the same village for independent research in 2006 and lived there from 2010-2012 conducting dissertation research (a longitudinal study). I had no outside contact, no electricity, no running water and a tin roof for that time. I posted occasionally from an organic college I work with and the village market which has a cell tower.

I saved money for a few years. I have what I need to buy land and retire at 50. I'll teach and lobby the national tea board and put my feet up under a shade tree. I've many friends there I miss dearly.

Pics of me in the village at my profile/albums.

It's not poor people. It's the wet side of Mt. Kenya (Kanja Market). Acres of tea provide year round cash crop income and all the children go to school. I'm not trying to save anyone. It's the best tropical democratic farm land and cash crop I've found and a great community. I'm retiring to the cush life, not a desert with hunger and flies.

For the cornerstones of my worldview, see signature. See also, username and user title.

You are introducing me to some new ideas. Very interesting, ecofarm. What I have read also does elucidate your username.

You are introducing me to some new ideas. Very interesting, ecofarm.

I expect disagreement in the four links of my signature to be:

1. Democratic Peace Theory. Pretty much no one else is a hawk and you identify as 'very liberal' so remember that theory is the basis of "neo-con" (whatever that might mean) foreign policy.

2. Deep ecology is a bit supernatural and a bit sexist. I don't agree with those parts either.

1. Democratic Peace Theory. Pretty much no one else is a hawk and you identify as 'very liberal' so remember that theory is the basis of "neo-con" (whatever that might mean) foreign policy.

2. Deep ecology is a bit supernatural and a bit sexist. I don't agree with those parts either.
I just disagree with the racism and sexism

Don't worry about me. I can read with interest without signing up to join. Back when I was an undergraduate my women's group decided we would all become lesbians. I quit the women's group. I'm not easily brainwashed, just open to learning.

Don't worry about me. I can read with interest without signing up to join. Back when I was an undergraduate my women's group decided we would all become lesbians. I quit the women's group. I'm not easily brainwashed, just open to learning.

A little experimenting wouldn't have killed ya. ;)

I mean, that story could have such a better ending. "So, it turns out I'm not a lesbian but I'll never forget that summer with A, B, C, D, E, F and G. Sometimes H and she might bring I..."

No one would begrudge the poetic license.

I blame you personally for your sexist and racist comments.

Women are socialized to take one for the team?????

Holy cow

I noted, "in general".

A little experimenting wouldn't have killed ya. ;)

I mean, that story could have such a better ending. "So, it turns out I'm not a lesbian but I'll never forget that summer with A, B, C, D, E, F and G. Sometimes H and she might bring I..."

Some day I'll tell you about my days on USENET, before Windows existed, when there was no moderation and I posted using the Swedish nymserver. Just because I'm not bi doesn't mean I have no interests. Our motto was: My kink isn't your kink. But your kink is OK.

That's like the "College National Championship" when a transgender woman won a 100m race at a small school event. Spare us the dramatics. Put on the big boy pants and accept reality. Transgender women are women and entitled to all that goes with being such. You're not victimized. You're not living in tyranny. You have no reason to cry. Butch up. Come on you can take it. You can let these people compete. It doesn't hurt anyone. It doesn't hurt you.

Why you gotta be a victim?
Except it does hurt people. It hurts actual girls and their chances at scholarships, recruitment to colleges, etc. Men are biologically different from women. That's the reason there are actual federal laws to encourage separate divisions, etc. For females.

Except it does hurt people. It hurts actual girls and their chances at scholarships, recruitment to colleges, etc. Men are biologically different from women. That's the reason there are actual federal laws to encourage separate divisions, etc. For females.

Scholarships are based on time not finish. What stupid fake victim bs.

Does the mere fact of being trans also make one a radical activist? Maybe some non radical not activist trans people also object to the practice.
No. Being a rabid activist who uses SJW terms like "deadnamed" and "misgendering" does.

Back
Top Bottom