• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge throws the book at Flynn

Is this the judge that Trumpsters were hoping would throw the book a Mueller for alleged irregularities in the FBI interviews?

he put a pretty good sized hole in that particular deflection, for sure. didn't stop Sanders from doubling down on it at the press conference, though.

Volunteer your legal services to Flynn if you want - they'll appreciate your rock solid analysis.

On this planet, he pleaded guilty to lying, because he lied, and he swore an oath under penalty of perjury he lied. I don't really care to debunk your nonsense for the 10th time.

If you were threatened with bankruptcy and threats were made against your family, you'd plead to anything as well. The demonization of Flynn is a shameful episode but, of course, since it furthers the larger get Trump campaign, it's all good.

Flynn did what any incoming person in his position would do. Nobody at the FBI thought he lied. Of course, if you threaten someone with bankruptcy, a long prison term and make threats to their family, they will say pretty much what you want. It's amazing how easily the left takes to big state arm twisting and bullying when it suits their political objectives. Oh, and lying to the FISA judge is a crime, one the FBI did multiple times to get warrants to place surveillance on the Trump campaign.

You're just trolling at this point. Have at it, believe what you want.

Naturally, that doesn't have anything to do with what I said.
It has everything to do with what you said and comes from the same document you used to push misinformation.

The argument isn't over whether Flynn was charged but over whether anyone at the FBI thought he was lying at the time.
No, the argument is whether Flynn lied. He did. He's admitted to it. Nothing else matters now.

No...the judge didn't "throw the book" at Flynn. The judge made a few ill-advised remarks that he later apologized for and he delayed sentencing.

That's all that happened.

Flynn was skewered by the Judge. Flynn's lawyers asked for a delay - the Judge granted the request.
In between the Judge made clear he is looking at jail time, all dependent upon how well cooperates

Flynn's lawyers screwed the pooch. His lawyers stating that Flynn was duped. Judge asked him if he wished to change his plea

But in Trump World - nothing happened

It has everything to do with what you said and comes from the same document you used to push misinformation.

No, the argument is whether Flynn lied. He did. He's admitted to it. Nothing else matters now.

I didn't link to a document. You made that up. But, as I said, threaten someone sufficiently and they will admit to all sorts of things.

You can keep repeating that but it's a lie.

What's shameful is the incoming NSA lying like a common criminal to the FBI. You guys on the right are trying like heck to lower the bar into the dirt for Trump and his cronies. It's stunning really.

The bar keeps on lowering -and the worst is yet to come. Mueller has a lot more Felony charges lined up.

The only ill advised remark Sullivan referred to was his remarks about not "agreeing with the Petraeus sentencing either. The degree to which the Right has tried to stretch rulings from the bench or comments from the bench in these trials is frankly ridiculous.

You should probably get better sources of information.

"Please be seated. This honorable court is back in session." Judge Sullivan is back at the bench.
— Darren Samuelsohn (@dsamuelsohn) December 18, 2018

Judge Sullivan tries to put the treason topic back in the bottle. "Don't read too much into the questions I asked. I'm not suggesting he committed treason."

"I felt terrible about that," Sullivan says, after the prosecutor notes Flynn's conduct as a foreign agent ended in mid-Nov 2016.

"I'm not suggesting he committed treason," Sullivan adds, further apologizing for his remarks in the prior session.
— Steven Portnoy (@stevenportnoy) December 18, 2018

You're just trolling at this point. Have at it, believe what you want.

Is lying to the FISA judge a crime or not? If not, why not? If so, why do you support the FBI doing it?

Well I'll have to take one from the conservative playbook; "yeah, but..."

In the end this delay will result in either serving time or more cooperation...

Oh...I have no doubt it's about cooperation, but I doubt it about cooperating with Mueller.

I think it's about making Flynn available for Congressional committee hearings. Just like Cohen's delayed sentence.

Flynn spoke to the Russian ambassador as part of preparing for his position. Apparently, that's a crime now. Oh, and nobody at the FBI who interviewed Flynn thought that he lied. It's a frame job carried out in the eagerness to get Trump. Very shameful treatment of a guy who has served his country over 30 years including in combat.

I don't know why people are contuing this lie when it's been so thourhgouly debunked. Saying that someone showed no outward signs of lying during an interview is not the same as saying they didn't think he lied. Would you want to let a Democrat off the hook for lying to the FBI simply because they didn't look like they were lying while they were lying? It makes no sense.

Can any conservative/Trump supporter explain this to me? Why are they still saying this when it's untrue? Do they think that if someone looks cool and calm while lying that we shouldn't charge them lying when the lie to the FBI?

Naturally, that doesn't have anything to do with what I said. The argument isn't over whether Flynn was charged but over whether anyone at the FBI thought he was lying at the time.

They may have presumed him to be truthful then. They know better now. Perjury is not relative to the gullibility of the questioner, it's about objective truth.

I didn't link to a document. You made that up. But, as I said, threaten someone sufficiently and they will admit to all sorts of things.

That's funny - you don't even recognize where you (or who is feeding you) got your talking points..... Pointing out your own ignorance is not a good argument, just sayin.... :lamo

I don't know why people are contuing this lie when it's been so thourhgouly debunked. Saying that someone showed no outward signs of lying during an interview is not the same as saying they didn't think he lied. Would you want to let a Democrat off the hook for lying to the FBI simply because they didn't look like they were lying while they were lying? It makes no sense.

Can any conservative/Trump supporter explain this to me? Why are they still saying this when it's untrue? Do they think that if someone looks cool and calm while lying that we shouldn't charge them lying when the lie to the FBI?

I have no idea what outward signs Flynn showed. I only know that the 302 report made by Strzok and another agent indicated that they did not think Flynn lied. But, to your point, why are we accepting Comey's lies and Brennan's and Clapper's? They all lied to Congress over various issues. Why is nobody concerned that the FISA warrants were obtained illegally or that Hillary and the DNC were consorting with a foreign agent using Russian sources? Why, because in the big picture of getting rid of Trump, other crimes become acceptable.

That's funny - you don't even recognize where you (or who is feeding you) got your talking points..... Pointing out your own ignorance is not a good argument, just sayin.... :lamo

Keep blabbering. The files released by Mueller show that the FBI thought Flynn was telling the truth.

The bar keeps on lowering -and the worst is yet to come. Mueller has a lot more Felony charges lined up.

That's the thing - Flynn was facing multiple threats from Mueller, and he agreed to plead guilty to the least harmful of them. But as Mueller pointed out, he lied to the public, to the transition team, and to the FBI, and on his disclosure form (with the advice of counsel) and violated FARA. He essentially walked into the door after the election and told us that he didn't regard honesty as a virtue, even when lying was criminal and he damn well KNEW it was criminal. Who knows where that arrogance came from, but he's no victim here.

Flynn was skewered by the Judge. Flynn's lawyers asked for a delay - the Judge granted the request.
In between the Judge made clear he is looking at jail time, all dependent upon how well cooperates

Flynn's lawyers screwed the pooch. His lawyers stating that Flynn was duped. Judge asked him if he wished to change his plea

But in Trump World - nothing happened

sigh...more nonsense. Probably from crappy news and opinion sources.

The fact is, the judge offered, many times, to Flynn's lawyers to delay sentencing. After a recess, the lawyers finally accepted the offer.

General Flynn backed off from his theory that he was entrapped by the FBI and forced into a guilty plea earlier Tuesday morning.

Mueller’s prosecutor Brandon Van Grack told Judge Sullivan Tuesday that the Special Counsel was going to indict Flynn on the Turkish lobbying case unless he cooperated.

Sullivan offered Flynn several chances to postpone and said he had “concerns” based on Flynn’s pre-sentencing filing. ”I cannot recall any incident in which the court has accepted a plea of guilty from someone who maintained he was not guilty and I don’t intend to start today.”

Judge Sullivan offers Flynn a chance to postpone this sentencing hearing to rethink his guilty plea. Flynn replies, "“I appreciate that, but no your honor.”

Flynn’s lawyer said he expects Flynn to testify in the Turkish lobbying case that was unsealed Monday.

Flynn attorney Robert Kelner said he expects Flynn to testify in the EDVA case unsealed yesterday. "We haven’t been told that but we think it's likely."

According to Sara Carter, who was present in the courtroom Tuesday morning, Judge Sullivan has more questions about the Special Counsel’s and FBI conduct.

#MikeFlynn sentencing postponed indefinitely with an update on March 13, 2019. Judge Sullivan has more questions about Special Counsel’s and FBI conduct
— Sara A. Carter (@SaraCarterDC) December 18, 2018

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...tencing-postponed-status-report-due-march-13/

So...here's MY opinion: Flynn and his lawyers got the message yesterday from that indictment. They dropped their issues with the 302's, etc. Mueller's guy even admitted today in court that they would have indicted Flynn with the Turks. So, the judge...probably at the request of Mueller's guy...has delayed sentencing to give Flynn a chance to help with the Turk cases and to make sure Flynn is available to Congressional committees.

None of this will make any difference except for two things: 1. Flynn will eventually get a slap on the wrist. 2. The media will be able to continue their "court of public opinion against Trump" nonsense.

Other than that...sorry, folks. Ya got nothing.

I actually think that there is a reasonable chance that Flynn did not lie to Pence but that Flynn and Trump dreamed up the Pence lie to hide their Russia business dealings. This theory would suggest that Trump and Flynn knew they were both dealing with the Russians and both for perspective deals while at the same time being roped in by the Russians intent on gaining compromising material on them.

Trump and Flynn hoped Flynn falling on his sword for lying to Pence and leaving the Government would end it there. NOPE, it didn't end there.

We shall see if I am right. But the biggest mystery of all to this point is why did Flynn lie about his contacts with Kislyak. Frankly, I think Flynn lying to Pence is s fig leaf of a cover for the real story. Either Pence is being used by both or Pence knows that its a fig leaf.

sigh...more nonsense. Probably from crappy news and opinion sources.

The fact is, the judge offered, many times, to Flynn's lawyers to delay sentencing. After a recess, the lawyers finally accepted the offer.

So...here's MY opinion: Flynn and his lawyers got the message yesterday from that indictment. They dropped their issues with the 302's, etc. Mueller's guy even admitted today in court that they would have indicted Flynn with the Turks. So, the judge...probably at the request of Mueller's guy...has delayed sentencing to give Flynn a chance to help with the Turk cases and to make sure Flynn is available to Congressional committees.

None of this will make any difference except for two things: 1. Flynn will eventually get a slap on the wrist. 2. The media will be able to continue their "court of public opinion against Trump" nonsense.

Other than that...sorry, folks. Ya got nothing.

Yea, it's a big pail of hot air. Nothing about Flynn's actions has anything to do with Trump or collusion. It's all smoke and mirrors meant to rile up the stupid.

Judge delays sentencing Flynn after rebuke: 'Arguably, you sold your country out!'

Selling out your country all the while working in the WH as a security advisor. I hope he has to fear bending over in the shower for many years to come...

Trump only hires the bestest most superest people, don't cha know.

trump-supporters-tryingto-eplain-how-senior-administration-officials-pleading-guilty-29413432.png

And Obama, well he's the Muslim traitor

DlKcEdlXoAEdtVG.jpg

That's the thing - Flynn was facing multiple threats from Mueller, and he agreed to plead guilty to the least harmful of them. But as Mueller pointed out, he lied to the public, to the transition team, and to the FBI, and on his disclosure form (with the advice of counsel) and violated FARA. He essentially walked into the door after the election and told us that he didn't regard honesty as a virtue, even when lying was criminal and he damn well KNEW it was criminal. Who knows where that arrogance came from, but he's no victim here.

I have little sympathy for the man. Though he did not, from what I recall accept any funds from Trump for his legal costs. His stupidity brought him close to bankruptcy, as those bills would be a Mill or 2 minimum.

Mueller gave him an excellent deal, and his lawyers ffd that up royally.

Now Flynn depends upon an excellent letter from Mueller. Perhaps he has more info that was not covered???

But in the end the Judge was completely disgusted with Flynn & lawyers comments made painting Flynn as being railroaded, and may have wanted Flynn and his lawyers to know, that he not Mueller does the sentencing.

Lastly - very stupid to lie to the FBI knowing what Intel they would have access to.

So riddle me this- why do they all lie? What are they hiding?

Back
Top Bottom