• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge throws the book at Flynn

Judge delays sentencing Flynn after rebuke: 'Arguably, you sold your country out!'

Selling out your country all the while working in the WH as a security advisor. I hope he has to fear bending over in the shower for many years to come...

I view it differently. I see it as the judge is saying 'Mueller has you by your balls, and you can keep on singing..because I'll take any lack of cooperation into account in sentencing.

Forget the dishonest narrative for a while and look at what actually happened when a Trumpist conspiracy theory was woven into an actual court filing: the judge said seriously....you're saying you're here to accept responsibility in exchange for a more lenient sentence, but you put into your sentencing memo absurd claims about how the meanyhead police 'tricked' you into intentionally mispresenting the truth with the intent that they believe (aka, a "lie", which isn't done accidentally)?]

That's going to keep happening, so get used to it.

The horrifically stupid, dishonest, and deeply insulting bull that Trump supporters spew across the internet on a daily basis does not matter to judges. And unless every lawyer is asleep at the wheel along with the judge, it will not matter to federal juries.

"lock her up, lock her up!", chanted the actual criminals.

[emoji38]

Your lies don't work in court. Enjoy your cistern of woe. You filled it for yourself several times over, you and the rest of the Trumpsters.
In front of a judge that has a history of being very harsh on prosecutors no less. I dont think they understand how far they have travelled down the yellow brick road. And havent the faintest that they are worshipping the man behind the curtain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

No...the judge didn't "throw the book" at Flynn. The judge made a few ill-advised remarks that he later apologized for and he delayed sentencing.

That's all that happened.

The judge apologised? Did he also give Flynn a hug to soothe his hurt feelings?

The judge apologised? Did he also give Flynn a hug to soothe his hurt feelings?

No, he told him to stay within 50 miles just in case...

Sorry I'm not up on all the minutiae of everything that Flynn did or was arm twisted into doing at the threat of long jail sentences. Yes, I know how it works. We've been seeing how it works; make lots of threats on the hope of finding some morsel about Trump.

C'mon - lets re-open the Hillary email investigation. Lets waste another $100 million investigating her and trying to find something to charge her with. Then all the trumpsters can chant 'Lock her up' for as long as they like.

No, he told him to stay within 50 miles just in case...

Did the judge really tell him to stay within 50 miles of DC? I am sure the trumpsters will deny he ever said anything like this.

Did the judge really tell him to stay within 50 miles of DC? I am sure the trumpsters will deny he ever said anything like this.

They are clinging to the judge's walking back his "treason" shade, it's all they got.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...8b1160-0327-11e9-958c-0a601226ff6b_story.html

Judge Emmet Sullivan is throwing another wrench into former national security adviser Michael Flynn’s plans.
Just hours after delaying Flynn’s sentencing, Sullivan is now saying Flynn must stay within 50 miles of the District of Columbia come Jan. 4.

C'mon - lets re-open the Hillary email investigation. Lets waste another $100 million investigating her and trying to find something to charge her with. Then all the trumpsters can chant 'Lock her up' for as long as they like.

I'm not a "trumpster," and I'm also not a chanter, but I would like for the use of a private server for State Department business to be thoroughly investigated. Oh, and I'd like to find out more details about the Clintonian "pay for play" and the relationship between Foundation donations and access to Sec/State as well.

I'm not a "trumpster," and I'm also not a chanter, but I would like for the use of a private server for State Department business to be thoroughly investigated. Oh, and I'd like to find out more details about the Clintonian "pay for play" and the relationship between Foundation donations and access to Sec/State as well.

On what basis though? Political reasons are an abuse of power.

Judge delays sentencing Flynn after rebuke: 'Arguably, you sold your country out!'

Selling out your country all the while working in the WH as a security advisor. I hope he has to fear bending over in the shower for many years to come...

Advocating rape in prison? What other torture do you advocate? Dick Cheney must be your hero.

He did it to himself. His willingness to do and say outrageous things for Trump is how he got the gig in the first place.

He was so far down the rabbit hole it was recognized before Trump was even elected:
October 16, 2016
How Mike Flynn Became America’s Angriest General
He was one of the most respected intelligence officers of his generation. Now he's Donald Trump’s national security alter ego, goading a crowd to lock Hillary Clinton up. What happened?

It's amazing how many former conservative patriots lost their principles when they started working for, or supporting Numnuts. A fish rots from the head...

...has delayed sentencing to give Flynn a chance to help with the Turk cases and to make sure Flynn is available to Congressional committees.

None of this will make any difference except for two things: 1. Flynn will eventually get a slap on the wrist. 2. The media will be able to continue their "court of public opinion against Trump" nonsense.

Other than that...sorry, folks. Ya got nothing.

You're right, he'll get a relatively light sentence. But it's a small price to pay for all the goods he spilled on Numnuts and his henchmen. And how long did it take for him to confess all their dirty deeds? Hundreds of hours wasn't it?

The judge's comment shows they are being political instead of being a judge. That's a comment of opinion that doesn't much place in commenting on the facts. Also, how did he sell my country out, specifically? I'm interested.

Its the Judge's bench and I am constantly left instructing people that what they might "think" a Judge is doing from his Bench is often not what he is doing from his Bench.

Judge Sullivan is most disturbed by the Defense team trying to rehabilitate Flynn at his expense. That was a horrid mistake on the part of the Defense team. I go back to something I posted when we first saw the Defense filing. Flynn is broke. Selling his house. IMO, the Defense team is trying to give Flynn the room to weave a tail about being "set up" that he can tell as he tries to work his way back to some sort of a Consultancy once this is all over. They want to get paid! That blew up in Flynn's face and in his Defense team's face. That was a monster mistake by that Defense team, the overreach of overreaches.

Judge Sullivan is also much disturbed by Flynn's crimes both charged and pled to and not much enthused with the idea that he would not spend any time in jail.

Judge Sullivan was also not much interested in seeing Flynn sentenced before some cases where he would provide testimony come to trial and in that sense, Sullivan was not pleased with the Prosecution either, believing them to be too accommodating to Flynn in spite of his cooperation to this point.

That is the part of this that interests me as the whole "I got set up thing" was bound to blow up in Flynn's face. But it is clear that Mueller is trying to push his investigation as fast as it can possibly go. He wanted to show other cooperators that he could get Judges all the way to the finish line of Probation only. However in truth it is rare to have a cooperator discharged to sentencing by a Federal Prosecutor when the cases he might testify in have not come to trial nor been completed.

As much as the dimwit Right screams that "this is taking too long" Mueller has been going at breakneck speed from Day 1. This is a hugely complicated investigation, far more complicated than Watergate which went on for 930 days. Clearly Mueller believed it important that he make his point to other potential cooperators that he could gain Probation only sentences for their "full" cooperation. I believe that will likely be the case here. Its just that the combination of Flynn's Defense team blunder poisoned the water and now Sullivan wants to see Flynn go all the way to the finish line before he even considers a Probation only sentence in spite of what Mueller wants.

Advocating rape in prison? What other torture do you advocate? Dick Cheney must be your hero.

I'm advocating prison time, I couldn't care less what happens to him after that. If he has to worry about anything in the shower, well that's just icing on the cake...

emoticon-stock-illustration-3558949.jpg

The judge's comment shows they are being political instead of being a judge. That's a comment of opinion that doesn't much place in commenting on the facts. Also, how did he sell my country out, specifically? I'm interested.

It was the Judges opinion that;

“You were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the national-security adviser to the president of the United States,” said Sullivan, according to multiple published reports. “That undermines everything this flag over here stands for."

I'm not an expert on the duties or perks of someone serving as our National Security Advisor, but I doubt working for a foreign country is one of them...

You're right, he'll get a relatively light sentence. But it's a small price to pay for all the goods he spilled on Numnuts and his henchmen. And how long did it take for him to confess all their dirty deeds? Hundreds of hours wasn't it?

If you are talking about Trump, I seriously doubt Flynn gave Mueller anything.

17 investigations and they still can't find the dreaded collusion.

Why is it that Trump and his merry band of followers are the only ones to mention "collusion" on a daily basis?

If you are talking about Trump, I seriously doubt Flynn gave Mueller anything.

I have no doubt that Numnuts is hoping the exact same thing.

Remember keep repeating to yourself, There Was No Collusion...

It is truly sad that many judges think that they have the right and duty to self-righteously lecture defendants.

Some do it, of course, because they have their eye on elective office.

A judge should be totally impartial. S/he should keep his/her opinions to him-, herself.

S/he should simply discuss legal points and respectfully announce his/her decision.

Recently, we have seen quite a few judges making outrageous comments in order to curry favor with various groups.

Last edited:
I'm advocating prison time, I couldn't care less what happens to him after that. If he has to worry about anything in the shower, well that's just icing on the cake...

View attachment 67246289

It was the Judges opinion that;

“You were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the national-security adviser to the president of the United States,” said Sullivan, according to multiple published reports. “That undermines everything this flag over here stands for."

I'm not an expert on the duties or perks of someone serving as our National Security Advisor, but I doubt working for a foreign country is one of them...

Sorry...that's not specific. What did he do to sell my country out?

Back
Top Bottom