• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge accepts Michael Flynn's guilty plea

Sullivan: "I'm not hiding my disgust, my disdain, for this criminal offense."

Giving Flynn the chance to delay until he's finished cooperating, Sullivan says he "can't promise anything" about the sentence he's about to hand down.

Don't know. It's starting to look like that last minute sentencing memo ploy by his lawyers might be about to backfire on their client.

What did I miss? Or do I even want to know. I can read the bathroom stalls in the Kremlin if I want to get an insight into what he's thinking.

Non stop yammering from him about how Flynn was tricked and it was entrappment and all that baloney.

As usual, he was easily proven wrong.

Where is our screaming friend?

Allow me:

DEEP STATE STOOGES are out to INVALIDATE our BELOVED, and LEGITIMATELY elected president TRUMP! Mueller and his PHONY WITCH HUNT is nothing but a DIVERSION from the real criminality of CROOKED HILLARY!!1!!11!!!1!!

MAGA FOREVER!!!!1!!!!!1!!

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F312165%2FScreen_Shot_2016-12-08_at_10.52.13_AM.png

Got to love all the back slapping as Flynn, cooperative since day one, chooses not to fight on procedural grounds. Doesn’t change one detail of the case against and absent underlying russian collusion will not be looked on kindly as this investigation begins to be judged by the precedence it creates.

Reap what you sow.

SULLIVAN WARNS FLYNN OF A PRISON SENTENCE:

"You were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the National Security Adviser to the president!

"Arguably, this undermines everything this flag over here stands for! Arguably, you sold your country out!"

Why does Flynn have supporters?
Because the real bad men are wearing NFL jerseys, and kneeling.

The good guys are selling our country out to Erdogan and Putin types.

Duh.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Because the real bad men are wearing NFL jerseys, and kneeling.

The good guys are selling our country out to Erdogan and Putin types.

Duh.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Yes, because a peaceful protest calling out injustice is the real problem. Thanks for the reminder

@johncardillo
Follow Follow @johncardillo
More John Cardillo Retweeted Steven Portnoy
And there it is.

Flynn wants to end this so he's no longer beholden to Mueller.John Cardillo added,
Steven Portnoy
Verified account

@stevenportnoy
Mueller prosecutor Brandon van Grack haltingly tells Sullivan it is a "possibility" that Flynn is still cooperating with the special counsel's office.
Show this thread
8:46 AM - 18 Dec 2018

If Flynn doesn't plead guilty now, Mueller is gonna continue his financial destruction of Flynn - and possibly his son's - by dragging Flynn through the courts on Turkey-collusion charges.

Tin Foil Maga Hat.jpg

Back in session:

"I felt terrible about that," Sullivan says, after the prosecutor notes Flynn's conduct as a foreign agent ended in mid-Nov 2016. "I'm not suggesting he committed treason," Sullivan adds, further apologizing for his remarks in the prior session.

BREAKING: Flynn's attorneys say they are now taking the judge up on his offer to delay today's sentencing because he's still cooperating with prosecutors.
3 replies 78 retweets 56 likes

Oh, Flynn is gonna throw Individual 1 in front of the street paver.

Back in session:

Postponed.......

How does this work? This was sentencing hearing, right? Does Flynn see this same judge when he is finally sentenced?

Seems Mueller was finished with Flynn, what message is the judge trying to send?

Judge Sullivan repeats he won't make any promises when it comes time to deliver his sentence.

Judge Sullivan repeats he won't make any promises when it comes time to deliver his sentence.

Flynn's lawyers asked for a delay in sentencing. No link, just heard it on CNN

A SIGNAL -- Judge Sullivan says he disagrees with the plea agreement that saw Gen. David Petraeus avoid felony charges.

A SIGNAL --

Judge Sullivan says he disagrees with the plea agreement that saw Gen. David Petraeus avoid felony charges.

Warning from the bench? Sounds as though the judge is saying if Flynn has additional cooperation to offer the special counsel it had better be good.

BREAKING: Flynn's attorneys say they are now taking the judge up on his offer to delay today's sentencing because he's still cooperating with prosecutors.
3 replies 78 retweets 56 likes

Oh, Flynn is gonna throw Individual 1 in front of the street paver.

You have to wonder how much more there is if it's going to be delayed by a few months. At one point it looked like Trump could protect some of the people being investigated as the whole pardon idea was dangled out like a carrot; now that doesn't look as viable so how many decide to abandon ship and spill all of the beans will be interesting.

Postponed.......

How does this work? This was sentencing hearing, right? Does Flynn see this same judge when he is finally sentenced?

Seems Mueller was finished with Flynn, what message is the judge trying to send?

The key was 'he is still cooperting, and the delay is to insure the cooperation continues.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/michael-flynn-sentencing/index.html

Judge Emmet Sullivan has now formally accepted Michael Flynn's guilty plea, after spending several minutes revisiting the unusual circumstance of Flynn's interview and his intentions today.

He gave Flynn several outs to rethink his plea, and Flynn asserted several times he is ready to go forward.
========================================
Flynn also admitted the judge that he knew that lying to a federal investigator was against the law. Sentencing soon.

General Flynn (wisely in my opinion) declined the Judge's offer to allow him to withdraw his guilty plea and allow the matter to go to trial.

Michael Flynn, former national security adviser, stands by guilty plea ahead of sentencing

That left LGen Flynn in the position of saying (through counsel) the equivalent of "Yes, I'm guilty, but you shouldn't punish me because it wasn't fair the way that I was caught - even though the way that I was caught wasn't illegal.".

In the trade that is known as a "B****hit Position".

Fake nooz! I don't believe it! I believe the Trump fans!

Flynn must have been brainwashed. Or drugged. This isn't possible. I mean, I read it right here on DP.

What you have to remember is that that wasn't actually Gen Flynn in court - it was a cleverly disguised actor pretending to be Gen Flynn and the whole charade of a so-called {sentencing hearing" was all a part of the plot by the Deep State.

[ASIDE - Anyone who wants to bet that someone won't advance that as a proposition that they believe in can simply send me their money and not even have to bother to include a return address.]

PS - Expect a "tweet" from "Someone-1" to the effect of how the conviction of a person who has admitted their own guilt as well as admitted that they were NOT subjected to any illegal activities that led to their admission of their own guilt was "Sad." at any moment.

SULLIVAN WARNS FLYNN OF A PRISON SENTENCE:

"You were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the National Security Adviser to the president!

"Arguably, this undermines everything this flag over here stands for! Arguably, you sold your country out!"

Why does Flynn have supporters?
Because those low intellect morons only care about pissing off others forsaking any and all integrity and decency.

That Judge is biased and part of the Democrat plan to destroy Trumpmerica.

Proof:

He was appointed to the bench of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia in 1984 by President Ronald Reagan, to the District of Columbia Court of Appeals as an Associate Judge in 1992 by President George H. W. Bush and to the federal bench in 1994 by President Bill Clinton.

What you have to remember is that that wasn't actually Gen Flynn in court - it was a cleverly disguised actor pretending to be Gen Flynn and the whole charade of a so-called {sentencing hearing" was all a part of the plot by the Deep State.

[ASIDE - Anyone who wants to bet that someone won't advance that as a proposition that they believe in can simply send me their money and not even have to bother to include a return address.]

PS - Expect a "tweet" from "Someone-1" to the effect of how the conviction of a person who has admitted their own guilt as well as admitted that they were NOT subjected to any illegal activities that led to their admission of their own guilt was "Sad." at any moment.

I'm waiting for Individual 1 to Tweet that he didn't even know Flynn.

Somewhere in Westchester County, Hillary Clinton is laughing her ass off right now.

Actually I think that Ms. Clinton is rather conflicted because Gen Flynn DID spend almost all of his life providing honourable service to the country.

However, just wait until someone ties the suicide of the Admiral in with Gen Flynn (and the supporters of "Someone-1" will most certainly attempt to do so [and, if they don't then the detractors of "Someone-1" will]).

Back
Top Bottom