• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Journalist Eva Bartlett interviews DPR Civilians on referendum to join Russia

You think the eighteen year old girl with no English and her broken-hearted grandmother are hysterical?

Your Putin love is worse than anyone could have imagined.

You think the eighteen year old girl with no English and her broken-hearted grandmother are hysterical?

Your Putin love is worse than anyone could have imagined.
no i think your "reasoning" is based on histrionic hate for Putin-especially since you can't refute Ukraine's split loyalties
So you crank up the morality play -which is a terrible manner to decide war policy

We supported faction A because faction B committed atrocities?

Dafuq?

no i think your "reasoning" is based on histrionic hate for Putin-especially since you can't refute Ukraine's split loyalties
So you crank up the morality play -which is a terrible manner to decide war policy
No, bub. My point is you're a Putinist with no skin in the game, so of course you can be cavalier about a military invasion with widespread rape, torture, castration and death squads.

Slavery was acceptable as was colonialism during that time. Land acquisition via conquest as well. Women as chattel slaves.

Things have changed since then everywhere but Russia where land acquisition via conquest is excused with illegal referendum.

No, bub. My point is you're a Putinist with no skin in the game, so of course you can be cavalier about a military invasion with widespread rape, torture, castration and death squads.
your point is the usual hysterical driven fear mongering.
But now we are playing nuclear brinksmanship -and that requires cool heads-instead of basing policies by hysteria

It is an invasion.

We supported faction A because faction B committed atrocities?
Dafuq?
do you get the factions of the Syrian war? The jihadists were the strongest hand -and the best way to go after Assad was backing them
But we wound up backing the "non-secularists"-which were weak and fled in battle - leaving their caches for the jihadists

your point is the usual hysterical driven fear mongering.
But now we are playing nuclear brinksmanship -and that requires cool heads-instead of basing policies by hysteria

Russia invaded. There is no "hysterical driven fear mongering" about Russia invading.

They have invaded Ukraine in 2014 in order to gain territory and are again invading in 2022 in order to gain territory.

You babble about Russiaphobia and hysterics while refusing to understand the fear of Russia is anything but irrational.

Yes. We backed a weaker hand because we don't back Jihadists..... And Assad was fighting, not backing, Jihadists.

All irrelevant whataboutism anyway.

Yes. We backed a weaker hand because we don't back Jihadists..... And Assad was fighting, not backing, Jihadists.

All irrelevant whataboutism anyway.
you misread. the lesson is stay out of it - it makes no difference tothe USA what happens in Ukraine -despite the hysteria-
and the populace is against Kyiv domination in the areas of the 4 oblasts as well

It's in our national interest NOT to be in a game of nuclear brinksmanship over such.
That has long been my point...getting into war against Russia over Ukraine is insane
The Russiaphobic crowd blows right past this blowback

Not sure about that, but even if true, Eva Bartlett is hardly the only journalist who has said that the referendum was fairly done and the Eastern Ukrainians are predominantly eager to join Russia. ''

Eva Barlett is being paid by the Russian government to say that.

Former American soldier and current American journalist Patrick Lancaster has done videos saying the same

Patrick Lancaster is being paid by the Russian government to say that.

You are being lied to.

You are falling victim to Russian propaganda.

Putin is driving the nuclear brinksmanship train. He has from the beginning.

We are not at war with Russia. Ukraine is.

Bleating "Russiaphobia" over and over again is simply ignorant at this point.

Putin propaganda.

Unless it is Nato/Eu doing the annexation or dismemberment
Example of NATO or the EU annexing part of a sovereign country?

Actually the local ethnic Russian speaking populations can speak for themselves. And they do speak out. And their accounts do not back your fabrications.

My standing offer to all Putinists applies to you: I will pay for your passage to Kazan.

Methinks thou doeth protesteth too much.

Juin said:
Was the Pax Romana not international law? That was more than a millenia ago.

No. Pax Romana is considered the golden age of Roman imperialism.

Rome was the Law. And that Law governed international matters at the time. Maybe Roman Law had no input from other partners, but it was nevertheless the Law. The post I was only objecting to the claim that international law is only two to three centuries old.

Modern international law developed out of Renaissance Europe.

Correct. Or I agree. But the poster did not qualify himself, he made mention of international law, which is more than the specific modern international law

Exactly!

Actually the local ethnic Russian speaking populations can speak for themselves. And they do speak out. And their accounts do not back your fabrications.

Methinks thou doeth protesteth too much.
I think a Brothers of Italy, Swedish fascists, Putin and Orban supporting authoritarian lacks the credibility to do much other than shame-fap in public, drenched in his own tears.

nothing is ever legit according to the west. regardless the referendums reflect the popular support for Russia in the east
and along the southern oblasts. as is well understood
That's the point. They do not reflect popular support. A referendum reflects nothing when it is overseen by an occupying military force other than the will of said force. Russia has legitimate claim to these areas to the same degree that NATO has claim to Russian territory. Simply declaring it doesn't make it so.

Even Saddam Hussein's ghost is laughing at the voting differential of that 'referendum.'

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…