• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jordan Peterson Admits All White People Are Racist

You've read the citation through your own bias. Yes, ASVAB's findings may suggest that a given applicant may be able to improve himself, but the citation does not state that this is a universal condition:
Nobody claimed it was. However, the possibility indicates that things can improve, therefore what is being measured is NOT an innate intelligence that an IQ test is supposed to indicate. Therefore the ASVAB and an IQ test are measuring different things and Peterson's fundamental claim about military IQ requirements is invalid.

And that's what Peterson is talking about: the people who can't be helped by schooling. I can see that you may have misunderstood the citation because the previous sentence makes it sound like the negative finding is contingent on the applicant refusing to self-improve
Incorrect, I have not made this misunderstanding. You are confused.

We don't have a segregated military any more, so what in your mind is the necessary connection between the military's imputed IQ rules and the practice of racism?
Peterson cited WW1-era research.

His word was "approximately," and he was posing an open question rather than making a conclusion.
"Just asking questions" is how a fascists speak when they are also cowards. His conclusion, explicitly, was that 10% of the population cannot possibly contribute to society. Do you acknowledge this fact or not? If no, we're done here.

Re: incels-- another poster claimed that Peterson was defending incels across the board in everything he said, and I'm sure Mad Libs can find the ideology they dislike everywhere, no matter how irrelevant it might seem. If that was not your claim you're clear.
He very regularly defends incels. It doesn't matter whether or not literally every word out of his mouth is doing so. Straw man, rejected.

Actually, at the end of the video you cited, he starts to say something about data but the video ends at that point. I don't know why that causes you to assume that he has no data at all.
Present data.

Here's another video in which he does mention a specific study, where he mentions a particular company that relates IQ levels to job performances. You're free to believe that it's a flawed study but not that there is no data. He mentions an IQ researcher named Earl Hunt as well.

Edit: nevermind, was a browser issue.

People with Downs Syndrome work jobs. Do you believe they are not contributing anything to society?

I like when someone comes right out at the beginning of their stay (or brief return, in many cases) and shows us what to expect from their posts.

"He's ur guy" . . . good lord
GetErDone is a white guy pretending to be Black because he is trying to make Black people look bad. Nobody takes him seriously. Not Blacks, not whites, not liberals, not conservatives. They did at first until they figured out what he was doing.

You cant even begin to understand how stupid you are making yourself look with that snippet...especially in regard to the entire interview.

It seems the guest, I forgot his name, is arguing against something that not many liberals agree with.

For example, most Black I know don't believe standardized tests are racist. Who believes that?
And I've never had anyone try to convince me that my core identity or my life experience should be focused on racism. He's arguing against that idea but who is he really arguing against?

The word "woke" is just so ambiguous that it allows you to argue against wokeness without ever being clear about who believes in the kind of wokeness you're arguing against. Woke has become a strawman that you can fill with whatever ideas you want and argue against them while denouncing wokeism to people who have completely different "woke" beliefs.

You cant even begin to understand how stupid you are making yourself look with that snippet...especially in regard to the entire interview.

So, I went back and listened to a lot of it and Peterson does admit that all White people are racist and that racism is a human weakness. He also admits that it disproportionately affects minority groups. Do you agree with that? That's really all "wokeness" is. Just a basic acceptance of reality and how the criminal justice system has been an example of this basic truth. Do you agree with Jordan Peterson and the guest here?

The only problem I have with their discussion is they seem to both a gree on a nebulous definition of wokeness that includes extreme ideas. They're essentially arguing against ideas that very few liberals believe.

To make it more clear. Let's say I'm arguing against conservatism and I choose to complain about the Iraq war and our role as international police. Well, today most conservatives no longer agree that invading Iraq was a good idea. So, it would be a waste of time for me to keep arguing against "conservatism" when I'm defining conservatism as including this belief that most conservatives don't have.

So, I went back and listened to a lot of it and Peterson does admit that all White people are racist and that racism is a human weakness. He also admits that it disproportionately affects minority groups. Do you agree with that? That's really all "wokeness" is. Just a basic acceptance of reality and how the criminal justice system has been an example of this basic truth. Do you agree with Jordan Peterson and the guest here?

The only problem I have with their discussion is they seem to both a gree on a nebulous definition of wokeness that includes extreme ideas. They're essentially arguing against ideas that very few liberals believe.

To make it more clear. Let's say I'm arguing against conservatism and I choose to complain about the Iraq war and our role as international police. Well, today most conservatives no longer agree that invading Iraq was a good idea. So, it would be a waste of time for me to keep arguing against "conservatism" when I'm defining conservatism as including this belief that most conservatives don't have.
What Peterson said was yes...and no...and how dare you phrase the question that way.

And he followed with are ALL people racist...and says...probably.

There isnt a cut and dried answer...and he didnt offer a simple answer. What he stated instead that essentially all people have some elements of racism.

And no...I dont agree with him. I believe there are a significant percentage of people that couldnt give the first **** about race.

At all.

I think ANY time ANYONE uses the term "_______ people" to imply a group in total and then attempts to attribute characteristics to the entire group...they are morons.

Jordan Petersen speaks for all white people?
He seems to only speak for Incels and stuff like this just justifies the types of behaviors and beliefs that made them Incels in the first place. Racism is unattractive.

He's a strong representation of white identity and white values.
I am white and he represents nothing about me. I find his views to be repulsive and to have no place in modern society.

What Peterson said was yes...and no...and how dare you phrase the question that way.

And he followed with are ALL people racist...and says...probably.

There isnt a cut and dried answer...and he didnt offer a simple answer. What he stated instead that essentially all people have some elements of racism.

And no...I dont agree with him. I believe there are a significant percentage of people that couldnt give the first **** about race.

At all.

I think ANY time ANYONE uses the term "_______ people" to imply a group in total and then attempts to attribute characteristics to the entire group...they are morons.
I guess Peterson is a moron then lol

It's the majority of white males. They love the red meat.
as far as I can tell its somewhere between 30 and 35%, but I admit its not based on rigorous study.

Nobody claimed it was. However, the possibility indicates that things can improve, therefore what is being measured is NOT an innate intelligence that an IQ test is supposed to indicate. Therefore the ASVAB and an IQ test are measuring different things and Peterson's fundamental claim about military IQ requirements is invalid.

Incorrect, I have not made this misunderstanding. You are confused.

I'm not confused, but I left open the possibility that you were. What you are is married to the idea that the criteria of the IQ test and the ASVAB are so different that there are no points of convergence, and therefore you assume that the military is not measuring IQ at all-- though this contradicts your point that any IQ criteria that the military did use is somehow tainted by racism.
Peterson cited WW1-era research.
OK, are you claiming here that at some time the military DID use IQ test criteria? Even if this was the case, and even if there was some impact of racial privilege in those tests, what the military did back then is irrelevant to what the military is doing today.
"Just asking questions" is how a fascists speak when they are also cowards. His conclusion, explicitly, was that 10% of the population cannot possibly contribute to society. Do you acknowledge this fact or not? If no, we're done here.

I gather you're married to that idea as well, but "just asking questions" is essential to the intellectual process and has been since the days of that dirty coward Socrates.😅

It's fine with me if we're done, so yes, you're completely wrong about saying that Peterson is simply casting the ten percent onto the scrap heap. I've now listened to three other Peterson podcasts on the IQ subject in addition to the rather truncated (by whoever) one you cited, and he's stating that this is a problem with which society must contend because of our rapidly advancing technology. He does not pretend to have the solution, but as the other podcasts testify, he's had personal experience with attempting the train the low IQ-people, as you would have learned had you listened to the citation I provided above. And to forestall all the garbage that he's preaching some NeoCon solution, in the following citation, at about the 8:07 mark, he explicitly rejects the typical postures of both Conservatives and Liberals re: the IQ-impaired. Here 'tis:

He very regularly defends incels. It doesn't matter whether or not literally every word out of his mouth is doing so. Straw man, rejected.

I thought you didn't want to get into the incel accusation. How things change.
Present data.

Edit: nevermind, was a browser issue.

People with Downs Syndrome work jobs. Do you believe they are not contributing anything to society?

Talk about your straw men.

If you do decide to drop out, I am glad that you, unlike other posters on this thread, gave a specific example of your quarrel with JP. You're still wrong, but wrong in a good way, unlike the "gotcha" guy at the beginning.

Yet white people love em
Thanks for continuing to make yourself look bad, though your badness remains irrelevant to your actual race, whatever it may be.

"So what jordan actually meant was"

"Likely saying"

Oh, so you don't actually know for a fact that it was taken out of context, you just pulled that assertion out of your butt. You're literally taking him out of context. I put the video together and can say that what he said afterwards changed nothing.
Well, then show it.

Back
Top Bottom