• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Johnson: Second Trump term would be like first ‘on turbo’

itstony

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Does this mean nothing will get done faster? Will he rack up indictments faster? Will he alienate more Americans faster?

What a crock, Johnson is wrong and just saying what he wants his perspective new boss to hear.

Does this mean nothing will get done faster? Will he rack up indictments faster? Will he alienate more Americans faster?

What a crock, Johnson is wrong and just saying what he wants his perspective new boss to hear.

Didn't you even read your own article?

He’d prioritize cracking down on illegal immigration, raising tariffs on China, cutting taxes, expanding oil and gas drilling and rolling back regulations, the magazine reported.

“Trump learned a lot of painful lessons in his first term,” Johnson said, adding that liberal bureaucrats in government agencies “might be working against him.”​

None of your nonsense was mentioned.

Second Trump term.. god help this country

He’d prioritize cracking down on illegal immigration, raising tariffs on China, cutting taxes, expanding oil and gas drilling and rolling back regulations, the magazine reported.​
“Trump learned a lot of painful lessons in his first term,” Johnson said, adding that liberal bureaucrats in government agencies “might be working against him.”​

This is typical of The Libs of DP looking at a headline and posting it.

Now maybe people here know why I insist on excerpts

Notice he doesn't specifically say WHAT would be on turbo but Trump already said what it would be.

He’d prioritize cracking down on illegal immigration, raising tariffs on China, cutting taxes, expanding oil and gas drilling and rolling back regulations, the magazine reported.​

This is from the article -
"We would absolutely turn our attention to securing the border and ending the catastrophe that the Biden administration has created. Obviously, we would continue to address the China threat and increase our stature on the world stage. That's what the White House would be focused on, and we would give assistance in the House in every way possible," he said.

Johnson also listed bolstering U.S. defense capabilities, tax reform, and exploring weaponization of the federal government as other priorities, as well as legislative advances on artificial intelligence.

I agree with taking a firmer stand on illegal immigration, but would prefer to hear what the actions are going to be rather than more vague promises.

The most productive recent anti China action has been the Biden admins move to bring critical industries (Chips etc) back to the US. Also some stuff that Trump did prior re critical infrastructure as well. The Tariffs are not the key parts of the work that is truly benefiting the US.

The real laugh in Johnsons quote is the - "increase our stature on the world stage". By every measure possible, Trump made the US a global laughing stock by how he represented the country. Biden has gone about repairing that damage relatively effectively. Unfortunately, Biden is not a wonderful international statesman either, so while he has been improving our international status, it's still not a full repair job. If world stature is a concern, you couldn't elect anyone much worse than Trump. He is a complete caricature of everything bad the world thinks about Americans.

The other serious laugh is Johnson, who is leading a massive weaponization of the House, suggesting that they are going to explore the weaponization of the federal govt. Unless of course he is saying that the magas are going to weaponize more than just the House if given the opportunity? I imagine that is the real truth, but not the one he was trying to convey.

I'll take any republican over Biden, and yes that includes Trump. Biden is a nightmare with crazy progressive ideas.

I'll take any republican over Biden, and yes that includes Trump. Biden is a nightmare with crazy progressive ideas.
and Trump is a convicted fraud so there is that as well.

“Trump learned a lot of painful lessons in his first term,” Johnson said, adding that liberal bureaucrats in government agencies “might be working against him.”

Sounds like paranoid delusions.

Hard to argue with so many good results:

Yep, I bet this is exactly right. And I expect there are millions who will vote for and welcome these immediate priorities!

"He’d prioritize cracking down on illegal immigration, raising tariffs on China, cutting taxes, expanding oil and gas drilling and rolling back regulations, the magazine reported."

This is typical of The Libs of DP looking at a headline and posting it.

Now maybe people here know why I insist on excerpts
Frankly, I saw this headline, this morning, before I saw this thread and expected just what the piece had to say - which IMO spelled out PERFECT first priorities! Trump's good policy from his first term is precisely what this country needs but now we need it enacted "on turbo". Trump's experience will certainly help facilitate just that.

Soybean Farmers are trying to rebound since Donny f’d them.

"We would absolutely turn our attention to securing the border and ending the catastrophe that the Biden administration has created. Obviously, we would continue to address the China threat and increase our stature on the world stage. That's what the White House would be focused on, and we would give assistance in the House in every way possible," he said.

Johnson also listed bolstering U.S. defense capabilities, tax reform, and exploring weaponization of the federal government as other priorities, as well as legislative advances on artificial intelligence.

I agree with taking a firmer stand on illegal immigration, but would prefer to hear what the actions are going to be rather than more vague promises.

The most productive recent anti China action has been the Biden admins move to bring critical industries (Chips etc) back to the US. Also some stuff that Trump did prior re critical infrastructure as well. The Tariffs are not the key parts of the work that is truly benefiting the US.

The real laugh in Johnsons quote is the - "increase our stature on the world stage". By every measure possible, Trump made the US a global laughing stock by how he represented the country. Biden has gone about repairing that damage relatively effectively. Unfortunately, Biden is not a wonderful international statesman either, so while he has been improving our international status, it's still not a full repair job. If world stature is a concern, you couldn't elect anyone much worse than Trump. He is a complete caricature of everything bad the world thinks about Americans.

The other serious laugh is Johnson, who is leading a massive weaponization of the House, suggesting that they are going to explore the weaponization of the federal govt. Unless of course he is saying that the magas are going to weaponize more than just the House if given the opportunity? I imagine that is the real truth, but not the one he was trying to convey.
Are you getting this from the interview itself? This text is not in the short article linked in the OP.

I can't wait 'til this smarmy MFer becomes Minority Leader. 😳;)

Frankly, I saw this headline, this morning, before I saw this thread and expected just what the piece had to say - which IMO spelled out PERFECT first priorities! Trump's good policy from his first term is precisely what this country needs but now we need it enacted "on turbo". Trump's experience will certainly help facilitate just that.
The evil power brokers behind Biden will lose millions with Trump in office and will assassinate him.

Seriously? Asinine posts galore
Yep. They are trying to enact a virtual assassination with Lawfare., Dan Goldman tried it through two impeachments and recently said Trump needs to be eliminated. FIFTY-ONE former intelligence lied IN WRITING to influence the 2020 election. You know, thew same CIA that kills people they don't like.

Yep. They are trying to enact a virtual assassination with Lawfare., Dan Goldman tried it through two impeachments and recently said Trump needs to be eliminated. FIFTY-ONE former intelligence lied IN WRITING to influence the 2020 election. You know, thew same CIA that kills people they don't like.
Dude, you are the reason no one wants to vote for Trump. Jesus help us

This means that there will be twice as many faures that tRump can blame on somebody else.

Your countless bs posts that keep perpetuating bs.
I had an interesting conversation with Paradoxical sometime back where he tried to convince me that tRump commenting on dating his daughter was okay. He also said that tRump NEVER lies. I knew then that further meaningful debate was hopeless.

Back
Top Bottom