• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Six-Pack

It couldnt have anything to do with the larger global economic situation, or possibly the preceding elected officials who got us here. But it sucks now, screw the people trying to fix it. Hehe!

bush_peace.jpg

How you can keep bashing Bush is beyond me. What is Obama doing other than doubling down on Bush's failed policies?

Fair questions... I believe him to be the most constrained president in history. How you dont bailout the country, you know, to prevent a global depression is beyond me.

Fair questions... I believe him to be the most constrained president in history. How you dont bailout the country, you know, to prevent a global depression is beyond me.

By presiding over a multi-trillion dollar increase in the national debt? Really? Funny...I thought the democrats rode into power in 2007 with a vow to END deficit spending...and in less than 4 years they took us from a total of 9 trillion in debt throughout our nations HISTORY to 14 trillion. YEP...THATS sound governing there!

There is more noise now than ever. It used to be that only authorities or experts had the broadest say-so but now every day uneducated people can toss in their two cents. Has it really helped us? I don't think so, on the whole. There still needs to be proper discernment of information and that's not really happening in many ways. I'm particularly disappointed with mainstream news networks that have turned into one non-stop 24 hour opinion piece by pundits. You can go online to find a million and one people who have outrageous views on things, but the news media shouldn't cave to that kind of sensationalism.

You can learn a lot by talking to every day people but ultimately it's still those with training and expertise who produce the factual information that we rely upon in our debates. Turning to anyone else for facts is setting a dangerous precedent.

By presiding over a multi-trillion dollar increase in the national debt? Really? Funny...I thought the democrats rode into power in 2007 with a vow to END deficit spending...and in less than 4 years they took us from a total of 9 trillion in debt throughout our nations HISTORY to 14 trillion. YEP...THATS sound governing there!

How the size of the debt for itself is of greater concern that the destruction of the world economy itself just blows my mind. Also, its not like the right gave flying **** about the debt or probably even knew the nation could have a debt until obama took office.

How the size of the debt for itself is of greater concern that the destruction of the world economy itself just blows my mind. Also, its not like the right gave flying **** about the debt or probably even knew the nation could have a debt until obama took office.

Many of those responsible European nations have already taken steps to control their debt and are becoming increasingly critical of our fiscal irresponsibility. Of course...YOU...Im sure...know better. Because...after all you...well...

Wait.... youre making an issue of nothing. So you would choose no bailout and economic collapse. Shooting yourself in the foot is better than in the head and frankly stories of europe criticising us will not dissuade me.

You for tax cuts for the rich? Since were going down the path of durr...

Wait.... youre making an issue of nothing. So you would choose no bailout and economic collapse. Shooting yourself in the foot is better than in the head and frankly stories of europe criticising us will not dissuade me.

You for tax cuts for the rich? Since were going down the path of durr...

For the record, as I have said here numerous times...I left the republican party in 2003 because of theirs and Bush's fiscal irresponsibility. Silly me...I dont think digging a deeper grave is the answer to our financial crisis. As I have ALSO said, Im all for INCREASING taxes provided that it be accompanied by a legislated and firm plan to pay down the debt. I dont blame republicans. I dont blame democrats. I blame all of them. Obama is as guilty as Bush. Congress has CONSISTENTLY failed to act in a fiscally responsible manner and the executive has signed off.

I personally believe that without the bailout, the banks would have been left to resolve their crisis and they would have done it and we would be MUCH further along in our recovery. As it is...we are pending MORE foreclosures, more bankruptcies, greater unemployment (because after all...they havent 'created' jobs...they have 'saved' jobs...jobs that were at risk because states have done a dismal job of financial management and planning, most of the 'stimulus' money has been wasted, instead of insisting states resolve their own financial disasters we have simply proplongued THEIR failed fiscal policies. Oh yes...its a brilliant plan. Borrow...go into deeper debt...spend more than what you have...absolutely brilliant...why its a philosophy any college student would love...especially any college student with mumsie and daddy paying the bills. Course...its the SAME philosophy...

Last edited:
Long answer full of all sorts of things I didn't ask for. But it's nice to know more about you.

Long answer full of all sorts of things I didn't ask for. But it's nice to know more about you.

you claimed no bailout = economic collapse.

Since you aren't actually intelligent enough to know this for a fact, why treat it like a fact?

you claimed no bailout = economic collapse.

Since you aren't actually intelligent enough to know this for a fact, why treat it like a fact?

Lopsided insult at half the country, loaded assumption, and I treat it as a fact because my teachers do and thought the bailout should be bigger, forgive me for learning form them. Maybe I should go to Glenn Beck's college instead. Thanks, reported.

Lopsided insult at half the country, loaded assumption, and I treat it as a fact because my teachers do and thought the bailout should be bigger, forgive me for learning form them. Maybe I should go to Glenn Beck's college instead. Thanks, reported.

at least half the country is riddled with morons, ignorance and lack of knowledge. Heck almost half don't even pay income taxes. More people can name the last two American Idol winners than the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court or their own states' two senators.

at least half the country is riddled with morons
We just disagree about which half apparently. Or maybe I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume its random.

Heck almost half don't even pay income taxes.
Do you believe you have the psychological capacity to stop?

not half, all.

nobody is intelligent enough to know for a fact how this would of played out.

not half, all.

nobody is intelligent enough to know for a fact how this would of played out.

It's not a matter of the intelligence - do you think no human is smart enough to 'know'? Or is it possible that philosophies differ?

-Int'lPoliEconTest- brb in 2-3 hrs.

It's not a matter of the intelligence - do you think no human is smart enough to 'know'? Or is it possible that philosophies differ?

-Int'lPoliEconTest- brb in 2-3 hrs.

didn't I just get done saying nobody.

body = human

no human

At the risk of sounding like a Fascist, why does there seem to be this big push now to listen to what the average person says? It seems to be something the Republicans have picked up of late more than most.

Public opinion polls, sites that let you advocate about what to cut or what to fix in the government, balance the budget games, etc etc.

Why are we treating the average person like they have the answers?

This is a good example that was posted in another thread
Eric Cantor || Republican Whip || YouCut

The average person has NO idea what it takes to run our government and even less of how the money is actually distributed. It's easy to make reactionary grumbles when things arent going exactly how we want them, but why treat these like they're the next big solution?

I agree that SOME people have SOME good ideas and that an outsider perspective is often helpful, but calling on the average person to make budget decisions about their government seems like a toweringly dumb idea; especially when you consider how crappy most Americans are with their own personal finances anyways.

The average person's desires is the source of California's problems. People want everything and want it to cost nothing. In fact, listening to someone's advice who has no knowledge of whatever subject matter is a recipe for failure. However, by no means does this mean they cannot or should not participate in the process, only that their limitations should be understood and fit into the picture as appropriate.

Last edited:
Hoplite asks the question in the opening post

In order to fool them to supporting you and your policies. This is just a blatant and shameless version of kissing the posterior of some folks because you want to curry favor with them. People like Cantor will not follow their opinions or their wishes unless they merge with his and the parties own. These people are being used like so much toilet tissue and then will be flushed away.

Notice recently when Boehner made it a point to tell the newbies on the block that his office will assist in finding somebody to run their office and staff their offices for them. The Tanman does not want the new tea party reps to stray too far from his reservation.

YouCut is a way for us to vote and also share our own ideas with our leaders.
So they can blame you when they fail?

The republicans have promised to listen to us.
So does everybody else.

By voting we are showing what we would like them to bring to the floor. We still don't have the power to actually pass anything.
So YouCut is basically Conservative American Idol?

If we don't vote in elections we have no right to complain. I feel the same way about YouCut. Don't bitch about what gets cut if you don't even take time to express an opinion on it.
I hate that sentiment, I really do. Having the right to vote means you also have the right to choose not to vote for your own reasons. Besides, why should someone HAVE to vote if they dislike ALL the available candidates?

So they can blame you when they fail?

So YouCut is basically Conservative American Idol?
No Youcut is bi-partisan. If there's not something on the list you want cut, you can make your own suggestion and maybe it'll come up in the future.

No Youcut is bi-partisan. If there's not something on the list you want cut, you can make your own suggestion and maybe it'll come up in the future.
I dont see anything on the site to suggest it being bi-partisan. Can you point me to where it indicates this?

I dont see anything on the site to suggest it being bi-partisan. Can you point me to where it indicates this?

Does it say if you're a dem you can't vote or make a suggestion? Do they ask for your party affiliation?
If you don't want to put your:twocents: there, go to the Dems website where they want your input......oh...nevermind

At the risk of sounding like a Fascist, why does there seem to be this big push now to listen to what the average person says? It seems to be something the Republicans have picked up of late more than most.

Public opinion polls, sites that let you advocate about what to cut or what to fix in the government, balance the budget games, etc etc.

The average person has NO idea what it takes to run our government and even less of how the money is actually distributed. It's easy to make reactionary grumbles when things arent going exactly how we want them, but why treat these like they're the next big solution?

I agree that SOME people have SOME good ideas and that an outsider perspective is often helpful, but calling on the average person to make budget decisions about their government seems like a toweringly dumb idea; especially when you consider how crappy most Americans are with their own personal finances anyways.

You think this interest and concern for the average person is a Republican issue - just now happening?
Where the heck have you been?

Individual thoughts, opinions and rights have been in momentum for CENTURIES - and it's NOT indicative to one political group *or* another. . . and when it comes to our spoke of the wheel we're actually VERY late into the game.

Last edited:
Populism has long existed, with American populism typically referring to liberal causes like agricultural reform.

What do you think of these idea?
They have all been voted on.
The dems voted almost 100% against each and every one.
Now who is the party of no?

Cuts Chosen By the Public, Voted On By Members

Each week, the public votes on which items should be brough to the House Floor. Here is a list of those items, which were each brought before the full House for a vote. Click the links below to learn more about each item and to see where each individual Member voted.

Week One: Cut the New Non-Reformed Welfare Program ($25 Billion Savings)

Week Two: Eliminate Federal Employee Pay Raise ($30 Billion Savings)

Week Three: Reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac ($30 Billion Savings)

Week Four: Sell Excess Federal Property ($15 Billion Savings)

Week Five: Prohibit Hiring New IRS Agents to Enforce Health Care Law ($15 Billion Savings)

Week Six: Taxpayer Subsidized Union Activities ($1.2 Billion Savings)

Week Seven: Prohibit Stimulus Funding for Promotional Signage (Tens of Millions)

Week Eight: Prohibit Sleeper Car Subsidies on Amtrak ($1.2 billion Savings)

Week Nine: Bipartisan Proposal to Terminate AEITC ($1.1 billion Savings)

Back
Top Bottom