• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden (1 Viewer)

rickc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
I plan to vote for Joe

But his assault on my 2nd amendment rights is going to pizz me off.

I like Joe's platform except for this. Hope it is just campaign rhetoric or at least he never gets it through congress. It will put me in a bad position if he does.

I plan to vote for Joe

I like Joe's platform except for this. Hope it is just campaign rhetoric or at least he never gets it through congress. It will put me in a bad position if he does.

Its not rhetoric

Joe Biden on Gun Control
[h=3] I beat the NRA twice: AR-15s & high-capacity magazines [/h] I'm the only one on this stage who has taken on the NRA and beat them twice. We were able to get assault weapons off the streets for 10 years. The way to deal with AR-15s and assault weapons is to do what we did with machine guns. You must register that weapon. I'm the only one that moved to make sure that we could not have a magazine that had more than 10 rounds in it. Go after the gun manufacturers and take back the exemption they have of not being able to be sued. Source: October Democratic CNN/NYTimes Primary debate , Oct 15, 2019
[h=3] I'm the only candidate who beat the NRA with the Brady bill [/h] Q: You have pointed to your ability to reach across the aisle to get things done, but four months after Sandy Hook, a measure to require expanded background checks died on the Senate floor. If you couldn't get it done after Sandy Hook, why should voters give you another chance?BIDEN: Because I got it done before. I'm the only one up here that's ever beat the NRA --only one ever to beat the NRA nationally. I'm the guy that brought the Brady bill into-into focus and became law.
Source: September Democratic Primary debate in Houston , Sep 12, 2019
[h=3] I'm the guy who got the Brady Bill passed [/h] Joe Biden: I'm the only person that has beaten the NRA nationally. I'm the guy that got the Brady Bill passed, the background checks. We increased that background check during the Obama-Biden administration. I'm also the only guy that got assault weapons banned, and the number of clips in a gun banned. Our enemy is the gun manufacturers, not the NRA, the gun manufacturers.Rep. Eric Swalwell: But the NRA is taking orders from the gun manufacturers, that's the problem.

The Voter's Self Defense System - Vote Smart

11/20/1993
Brady Handgun Bill
Yes
11/17/1993
Prohibiting the Possession of Semi-Automatic Assault Weapons
Yes

I have to vote for Joe.

Am just hoping his VP pick is a good one. I can't think of any recent contests that the VP pick may be so important on either side.

Well guess I will send another check to the NRA. We need balance in Washington.

Biden’s stance on guns is one of the reasons I can not vote for him in November.

I plan to vote for Joe

I never liked the anti-2nd amendment stances of the democrats, or those held by a strange majority of this at least.

It mostly stems from the fact that they know close to nothing about the weapons that they want to ban, or increase regulations on. They make extremely out of contrast claims to how these weapons actually work, or even the statistics related to their associated crimes. Which even Biden has been caught screwing that up more than a few times.

I can't find it in me to vote for the man. I've been around too long and known of him for far too long to feel comfortable even thinking about giving him my vote.
Compounding that with the fact that his health is failing and his mental health has been a rising question for some time now. I think the day that his eye started bleeding on live television, it made more than a few people step back from the idea of his election.

Biden’s stance on guns is one of the reasons I can not vote for him in November.

Yeah, vote for Trump instead

After all we've seen, he's the guy you want to lead the USA through the COVID-19 pandemic and through the next 4 years ?

Yeah, vote for Trump instead

After all we've seen, he's the guy you want to lead the USA through the COVID-19 pandemic and through the next 4 years ?

Where did I say I was going to vote for Trump? As usual you are simply making crap up to argue a point that was never made.

that and his promise to put anti gun judges on the court.

that and his promise to put anti gun judges on the court.

You hit that nail on the head. This election is about the Supreme Court. We need a majority who will guarantee the 2nd Amendment. And Trump has pushed through a record number of federal judges, but needs to appoint a lot more. I'd love to see the federal judiciary stacked with (younger) conservative judges, ones who will out live me.

the 2nd is going nowhere in any of our lifetimes.

maybe not federally, but Democrat states are thumbing their noses at McDonald and Heller. we need federal judges that do with the second amendment to those states, what the federal judges did to Jim Crow with the 14th

You hit that nail on the head. This election is about the Supreme Court. We need a majority who will guarantee the 2nd Amendment. And Trump has pushed through a record number of federal judges, but needs to appoint a lot more. I'd love to see the federal judiciary stacked with (younger) conservative judges, ones who will out live me.

It is never good to stack the Court with only one mindset. Same for congress.
Too much power always corrupts.

The whole government isn't a bastion of choir boys to begin with.

I plan to vote for Joe

Why vote for a racist, at least according to his VP choice, Harris. Remember that little school aged girl on the bus.

maybe not federally, but Democrat states are thumbing their noses at McDonald and Heller. we need federal judges that do with the second amendment to those states, what the federal judges did to Jim Crow with the 14th

It isn’t the White House that matters. It’s the local races, mayor and governors. These are the races that effect you more.
Trump can deregulate all he wants at the federal level, but my business in NYS has to deal with all the regulations in the State of NewYork. Businesses in NYS are under the thumb of Heir Cuomo. It’s even worse in NYC under comrade deBlasio.

that's a stupid comment because if states ignore it and ban guns, then the rights of the citizens have been abrogated even if the "second amendment" still exists on paper.

I plan to vote for Joe

Agree. Will support the Dems, because the Repubs need to lose and trump has to go. But yes there are things I Disagree with the Dems on and that is the 2nd A.

so every dispute about rights should be a 5-4 decision when some should obviously be 9-0?

Agree. Will support the Dems, because the Repubs need to lose and trump has to go. But yes there are things I Disagree with the Dems on and that is the 2nd A.

and if Biden replaces several judges-then Heller will be overturned and there won't be a second amendment

and if Biden replaces several judges-then Heller will be overturned and there won't be a second amendment

I doubt that, either way I will really not lose anything I only feel for future Americans. The Brady bill ended up being removed along with several other restrictive laws and getting rid of Amendments ain't that easy. I do see bans coming and more restrictions, henc e why some think ahead.
Thing is I see trim as a Danger to the Republic and four more years would put our Nation in danger of collapsing. My Patriotism will not allow this to continue, and if we lose in one area but win on what is more important then I have no choice. Yes, I know you disagree but I think one issue takes precedence over the other, you do not, that I know.

so every dispute about rights should be a 5-4 decision when some should obviously be 9-0?

So you would be happy that every decision was 9-0? Yes, that is what we need.

We were able to get assault weapons off the streets for 10 years. T

This is a complete and utter lie. Which goes to show that people like Biden care more about what you THINK he's doing, than what he's actually doing.

I plan to vote for Joe

Here's a tip....DONT VOTE FOR JOE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom